"April is the Cruelest Month"

Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

"April is the Cruelest Month"

Post by Number Six »

http://www.justice.gov/usao/ct/Press2012/20120329.html

The drumbeats are getting louder against the tax cheats....
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
Olsenfin

Re: "April is the Cruelest Month"

Post by Olsenfin »

Eliot does seem appropriate for tax protestors and how they ought to be regarded.

As in "for you know only a heap of broken images, where the sun beats".

Although I prefer "I will show you fear in a handful of dust".
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Re: "April is the Cruelest Month"

Post by Number Six »

I like Eliot's poetry in spite of some controversies over his general tone. A now deceased friend and poetry expert had much to say about him that was less than favorable.

At any rate, the potential for what the IRS could do about dishonest filers as well as non-filers like this is quite impressive. There are quite a few people out there who from the state and federal perspectives are ripe targets, but with limited resources, the IRS and state DRS's have to pick their targets carefully. The odds of being nailed go up considerably if there are prior records, reports of fraud and complaints to other authorities, drug involvement or low-lying fruit where all the government has to do is a raid and it is all theirs.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)