Joe Banister on Alex Jones

AFTP
The Voice of a Free Quatloosia

Joe Banister on Alex Jones

Post by AFTP »

Whenever you hear a man speak of his love for his Country, it is a sign he expects to be paid for it. – H. L. Mencken

Death and Taxes. Ya Think?
jkeeb
Pirate Judge of Which Things Work

Re: Joe Banister on Alex Jones

Post by jkeeb »

It hurts to try and determine which reputation was demeaned.
Remember that CtC is about the rule of law.

John J. Bulten
rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Post by rogfulton »

jkeeb wrote:It hurts to try and determine which reputation was demeaned.
Ours, for watching it.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt
AFTP
The Voice of a Free Quatloosia

Post by AFTP »

It seems odd that he got fired for simply asking a question.
If the tax code is so solid and they want good agents all they had to do was show him. :?
Whenever you hear a man speak of his love for his Country, it is a sign he expects to be paid for it. – H. L. Mencken

Death and Taxes. Ya Think?
rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Post by rogfulton »

CaptainKickback wrote:Speak for yourself. I watched videos of kittens, and videos of girls on trampolines. I think I got a little better marginal utility than if I had watched the Joe Banister clip.
I would say you got more than a little better.

I was speaking for any of us who watched the Banister clip, although there doesn't seem to be too many confessions to the dirty deed.

:oops: Maybe I shouldn't have opened my mouth about it. :oops:
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

rogfulton wrote:I was speaking for any of us who watched the Banister clip, although there doesn't seem to be too many confessions to the dirty deed.
I got about 2-3 minutes into it, decided I really didn't have the time (or interest) to hear about his college years, his family's involvement in law enforcement, and his career decisions, and I bailed.

Tax protesters seem to find their own lives fascinating, despite all evidence to the contrary.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Kestrel
Endangerer of Stupid Species

Post by Kestrel »

At least the Joe Banister video biography is only an hour long.

I found a recently uploaded Freedom Law School Tommy Cryer video that's almost six-and-a-half hours long! Which only proves Cryer is as long-winded in person as he is on paper, when filing "baffle 'em with bullshit" legal documents.

(Note: I didn't stick around to watch either one.)
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein
Kestrel
Endangerer of Stupid Species

Post by Kestrel »

CaptainKickback wrote:6 1/2 hours? I call that just enough time for a good night's sleep.
WIth that playing? Only if you want nightmares.

Now we know what keeps Cryer so busy that he has to keep getting continuances in tax court. I wonder if the IRS counsel in his case has seen this video.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I would think more in the realm of coma inducing, if Cryer speaks anything like he writes. I can't imagine sitting through 6 1/2 hours of that self serving goo. I can see using it as a torture technique perhaps, I figure after a very short time they'd tell you anything to just not have to listen to any more of it.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

AFTP wrote:It seems odd that he got fired for simply asking a question.
If the tax code is so solid and they want good agents all they had to do was show him. :?
He didn't get fired, he resigned. But if he hadn't resigned, it would have been odd IF the IRS hadn't fired him. How can you have a LEO working for you who isn't going to enforce the laws because he does not believe in them?

And showing Banister "proof" wasn't going to change his mind. Tax protestors are shown proof all the time and they simply refuse to accept it. They have already made up their minds and cannot be convinced, no matter how much you explain the law, no matter how many court cases you show them where their arugments have lost consistently. Banister had made up his mind already and gave up a rewarding career to stick his head in the nearest barrel of Kool-ade that he could find.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

As near as I have ever been able to determine, Joe Banister has never had more than a nodding acquaintance with the truth, or possibly reality either. If he says he got fired for asking a question, I would be hard pressed to believe him, since he has never been honest about anything else. In fact, I doubt if most of the real reasons he was encouraged to “resign” will ever come out, but I suspect they diverge greatly from his version of it. I still am baffled as to how he managed to get hired by the IRS in the first place, but then that can be said of several of his compatriots as well.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

notorial dissent wrote: I still am baffled as to how he managed to get hired by the IRS in the first place, but then that can be said of several of his compatriots as well.
Probably slipped through in stealth mode. OPM is notoriously slow in completing background checks. If the employee can avoid detection during their probationary year, they are in.

At one time in New York, the IRS discovered that they had a tax protester in their ranks and moved to fire this person. After several rounds of moving through the grievance process and arbitration (which ruled in the favor of the IRS) the termination moved to federal court. There, the court overturned the firing and directed the IRS to reinstate the employee. The irony in the situation was the IRS having to subject a current employee to collection enforcement in order to resolve their tax delinquency - which included the revenue officer serving a summons to the protester while the they were on duty.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff