TP Offers To Let Judge Off $600 Million "Debt"

The Observer
Further Moderator

TP Offers To Let Judge Off $600 Million "Debt"

Post by The Observer »

From the Sun-Sentinel
Eye, a former bank worker and financial software expert, has been locked up since she tried to leave the courtroom after the verdict. During the case, she sent U.S. District Judge James Cohn letters and forms claiming she would release him from an alleged $600 million debt if he dismissed the case.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Re: TP Offers To Let Judge Off $600 Million "Debt"

Post by Gregg »

Sounds like attempted bribery to me.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

From an earlier story.
http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2012-0 ... tion-woman
During the four-day trial, Eye testified to jurors that she attended seminars put on by anti-tax activists including Peter Hendrickson, author of "Cracking the Code." Hendrickson is serving nearly three years in federal in prison in Michigan for lying about his income.
Oh, now I see.....
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Damn it, Greg, your little background search is going to get Famspear pontificating about prevaricating Pete in prison.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Sun-Sentinel wrote:During the four-day trial, Eye testified to jurors that she attended seminars put on by anti-tax activists including Peter Hendrickson, author of "Cracking the Code." Hendrickson is serving nearly three years in federal in prison in Michigan for lying about his income.
Roanne Eye is a registered user on the LH forum, but never posted any messages.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
LPC

Post by LPC »

Eye also sued the federal judge hearing her criminal case for violations of her civil rights, as well as other federal judges and magistrate judges, prosecutors, and court officials. Roanne Eye v. James I. Cohn et al., Case No. 11-cv-61584-KMM (11/7/2011 U.S.D.C. S.D. Fla.). The order dismissing the case summarized the background as follows:
Plaintiff, Roanne Eye, is the defendant in a criminal case in the Southern District of Florida, and she brings this Complaint in response to the actions taken in that criminal case. Eye names as Defendants Judge James I. Cohn, United States District Court Judge, and Magistrate Judge Robin S. Rosenbaum, Magistrate Judge Lurana Snow, and Magistrate Judge Barry Seltzer; all of whom are United States Magistrate Judges. Collectively Judge Cohn and the Magistrate Judges are referred to as the “Defendant Federal Judges.” Eye also names as Defendants Wifredo A. Ferrer, United States Attorney; Jennifer A. Keene, Assistant United States Attorney; Matthew Mueller, Department of Justice Trial Attorney (collectively “Federal Prosecutors”) and Steven M. Larimore, Clerk of Court for the Southern District of Florida. Eye makes claims against all Defendants in their individual capacities in her Complaint, and she alleges what she terms a “Full Bivens Action.” See Compl.

Eye argues that the Defendants acted in conspiracy with one another to defraud her of her
“most fundamental right to have subject matter jurisdiction, in personam jurisdiction, and
standing, established by fact, before the fact, beyond the shadow of doubt, not by the alleged
court in case #0:11-cr-60004-JIC-1 . . . .” Compl. at 33. The Complaint makes several
allegations of unconstitutional acts on the part of Defendants, mostly related to the very existence of the Court in the Southern District of Florida, which Eye claims lacks jurisdiction because it does not legally exist. Eye also makes some incomprehensible claims regarding a failure on the part of Defendant Larrimore to use address labels that she provided in order to mail her filings from her criminal case. The U.S. Postal Service attempted to deliver copies of court filings to Eye’s address of record. See Compl. ¶ 2.1. After several failed attempts, a deputy clerk noted on the criminal docket that mail was undeliverable and noted the attempts. See Case No. 11-cr-60004-JIC, ECF Nos. 60 & 61. Eye ultimately accuses Larimore of being part of the conspiracy to deprive her of her constitutional rights via these actions.

The Complaint is fifty-three pages in length, and is rambling and incoherent in its allegations of wrongdoing on the part of Defendants. However, the Court recognizes that pro se pleadings are held to a less strict standard than pleadings filed by lawyers and thus are construed liberally. Alba v. Montford, 517 F.3d 1249, 1252 (11th Cir. 2008) (citing Tannenbaum v. United States, 148 F.3d 1262, 1263 (11th Cir. 1998)). With that in mind, the Court reviews the sufficiency of Eye’s Complaint.
After dismissing the complaint because the judges, prosecutors, and other officers were all acting in their official capacities and are immune from suit, the court moved on to the issue of Rule 11 sanctions:
B. Eye’s Complaint is Frivolous and Vexatious

Though Eye’s claims are all dismissed based on the various immunities of the Defendants, the Court identifies Eye’s Complaint as frivolous and vexatious and undertaken for the dilatory purpose of exacting retribution for actions taken by officials in her criminal trial. The Court will not countenance such efforts, nor allow Eye to waste time and judicial resources in addressing such matters. The Eleventh Circuit has repeatedly held that federal courts have the power to manage their dockets and curb vexatious litigation. May v. Maass, 2005 U.S. App. LEXIS 20695 (11th Cir. Sept. 22, 2005) (citing Martin-Trigona v. Shaw, 986 F.2d 1384, 1387 (11th Cir. 1993)); see also Copeland v. Green, 949 F.2d 390 (11th Cir. 1991).

Here, the Court finds no legal basis for relief in any of the claims in Eye’s Complaint. Eye’s rambling and incoherent claims of conspiracy to deprive her of her constitutional rights are purely alarmist, and do not provide any factual allegations that give rise to a cognizable claim. See Carter v. Dolce, 741 F.2d 758, 760 (5th Cir. 1984) (affirming district court’s dismissal with prejudice of pro se plaintiff’s claim, specifically noting that plaintiff’s conspiracy claim was “without arguable merit and therefore frivolous in accordance with current case law on this point”).
The judge concluded by ordering the clerk not to accept any future filings from Eye
unless she was represented by counsel or had obtained leave of court to proceed pro se.

But no monetary sanctions!
Dan Evans
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

The Observer wrote:Damn it, Greg, your little background search is going to get Famspear pontificating about prevaricating Pete in prison.
Perhaps I should not presume to use Greg's post as a pretext to promulgate a protracted, prodigious piece of prattle about Prevaricating Pete, the Pretentious, Pontificating Prisoner.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
LPC

Post by LPC »

DOJ press release:
US Department of Justice wrote:Department of Justice
Office of Public Affairs
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday, February 10, 2012

Florida Resident Convicted for Interfering with the IRS and Filing False Tax Returns

Roanne Eye , 57, of Plantation, Fla., was found guilty of tax charges late Thursday after a four-day jury trial, the Justice Department and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) announced. Eye was convicted interference with the administration of Internal Revenue laws and of filing false individual income tax returns.

According to evidence presented at trial, Eye attempted to obstruct and interfere with the administration of the laws and regulations of the IRS by telling her employer not to comply with IRS notices and by submitting IRS forms falsely claiming she was exempt from income tax withholding. Eye failed to file timely income tax returns for tax years 1996 and 1999 -2005, even after she received notices that her taxes were due. In March 2006, Eye filed tax returns for 1996 and 1999 - 2005, all claiming refunds to which she was not entitled. She subsequently filed a fraudulent return for tax year 2006. In total, Eye falsely claimed more than $1 million in fraudulent refunds.

In addition to filing the fraudulent income tax returns, Eye flooded IRS offices throughout the United States and Puerto Rico with frivolous letters challenging the authority of the IRS to collect taxes from her.

Sentencing has been scheduled for April 26, 2012, before U.S. District Judge James I. Cohn. At sentencing, Eye faces a statutory maximum prison sentence of up to three years in prison on the interference charge and up to five years in prison on the false claims charge.

Wifredo A. Ferrer, U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Florida, John A. DiCicco, Principal Deputy Assistant Attorney General for the Justice Department’s Tax Division, and Jose A. Gonzalez, Special Agent in Charge, Internal Revenue Service, Criminal Investigation Division (IRS-CID), announced the conviction.

Mr. Ferrer commended the investigative efforts of the agents of the IRS for their hard work in this matter. The case is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Jennifer Keene and Matthew Mueller of the Tax Division.

12-196 Tax Division
Dan Evans
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Obviously Eye and the judge do not see eye to eye.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

......Eye also makes some incomprehensible claims regarding a failure on the part of Defendant Larrimore to use address labels that she provided in order to mail her filings from her criminal case....
Dang! And she had put such hope in the Address Label Defense! This could be a ripe source of material for a law review article.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Famspear wrote:
The Observer wrote:Damn it, Greg, your little background search is going to get Famspear pontificating about prevaricating Pete in prison.
Perhaps I should not presume to use Greg's post as a pretext to promulgate a protracted, prodigious piece of prattle about Prevaricating Pete, the Pretentious, Pontificating Prisoner.
No poetry?!?
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Cathulhu wrote:No poetry?!?
Holy Toledo, you just opened the door to Limericks From Hell! There will be no stopping Famspear today.

Burzmali
Exalted Guardian of the Gilded Quatloos

Post by Burzmali »

Anyone know if those returns made it through initially?
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Okay, O., you have merited your own haiku:

The Observer feels
Famspear and Gregg talk too much?
They class up the joint.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Cathulhu wrote:Okay, O., you have merited your own haiku:

The Observer feels
They class up the joint.
Not that they talk too much...they just reveal too much. A subtle difference.

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Sounds more like TP Sovrun extortion to me. They send you to jail with a felony conviction for that now at the Federal level, and in a lot of states as well these days. Looks like at least 8 counts at this point. Somehow I don't think she will take that any better than she took having her initial suit dismissed.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Cathulhu wrote:Okay, O., you have merited your own haiku:

The Observer feels
They class up the joint.

I'm in a haiku!!!! I'm so proud!!!