PH is back online at Lost Horizons.

Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

PH is back online at Lost Horizons.

Post by Thule »

Nothing big yet, just a quick "thank you" to the three (!!) people who bothered to wish him welcome back.

http://www.losthorizons.com/phpBB/viewt ... c&start=60
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Re: PH is back online at Lost Horizons.

Post by LPC »

I fixed the link so that it takes you more directly to Pete's message.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Let the banishing begin.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

Well, at least now Pete can truly spread his message with conviction.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Joey Smith wrote:Well, at least now Pete can truly spread his message with conviction.
Ouch!
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

And you've just been waiting to use that too, I'll bet!
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Last night, I was rereading a book put out by the political cartoonist Herblock in 1952; and I saw a cartoon which made me think of Petey.

In July of that year, General Douglas Mac Arthur gave the keynote speech at the Republican National Convention; and his evident hope was that the GOP, and then the American people, would turn away from their idol Eisenhower and accept the leadership which he was graciously prepared to bestow upon them. In the cartoon, MacArthur is sitting next to an open hotel window (back then, you could open them and get fresh air), in civilian clothes, with his right hand cupped to his ear, waiting for the enthusiastic call of the American people... but the streets outside are dark, and he is alone.

I would not be surprised to find out that Petey arrived home from prison and sat by his telephone and his computer, waiting for the loyal Lost Horizons people to flock to him and lead their Martyr to victory at the head of the CtC Legion, as they smashed the power of the evil IRS forever; but now he is sitting there, bewildered, wondering why the call has not yet come.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

How long will it take him to figure out that the tax protest movement is dead and has been replaced by the sovereign citizen movement?
Demo.
Montana Notasovrun
Cannoneer
Cannoneer
Location: I was turned loose somewhere in the middle of Montana

Post by Montana Notasovrun »

Demosthenes wrote:How long will it take him to figure out that the tax protest movement is dead and has been replaced by the sovereign citizen movement?
Now I have to clean the coffee of my monitor and try to stop laughing. My belief is that the sovereign citizen movement is the merger of tax protestors and posse comitatus. Throw in a few doses of whatever "medicine" they take and wash it down with Jim Beam and the upshot is a sovereign. I've represented some in my career. David Burgert was one of them. He told me that someday, I'd see the truth. I told him that I thought his buddy Bob Trochman simply tried to scare people so he could sell them his Militia of Montana stuff. Dave laughed. Might be true.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

The earlier patriot movement followed the same cycle.

Tax cheating led to redemption scams led to retaliatory measures against gov officials ranging from liens to violent measures. All we need now is another Waco to set the future Timothy McVeighs in motion, which would end the cycle for a year or two.

The first cycle took about 35 years (from 1960 tax protesters to 1995 McVeigh.) The second cycle is escalated (from 2000 to ?).

I think the techniques used by tps and sovs are what define them, not which combination of scams they choose to believe in.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jjmacnab/20 ... n-citizen/
Demo.
Montana Notasovrun
Cannoneer
Cannoneer
Location: I was turned loose somewhere in the middle of Montana

Post by Montana Notasovrun »

Demo, I agree with your assessment that the methodology is what defines these "sovereigns". I was simply trying to address the mindset that would lead people to such a state of gullibility that they would fall for any of these solutions to their problems and then employ them. Here, in Montana, the driving fear is that someone, most likely Obama, is going to try to take their guns. I'm not much of a gun person, I only have 7 or 8, but most gun afficianados here in Montana have a great many more than I do. Some of them would have machine guns if they could. Some are stockpiling as much ammo as they can afford. The Browns are heros to some, well maybe not now, but while the "standoff" was taking place the Browns were discussed frequently. We have many tax defiers here, but their income is so small that they don't generate a lot of interest. Montana is definitely an interesting place to live. I have no doubt Pete would fit right in.