Another non-filer finds out the hard way there is a law

rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Another non-filer finds out the hard way there is a law

Post by rogfulton »

A Tax Court Memorandum Opinion (Docket No. 26714-10L) regarding Blair T. Wessner, pro se.
Judge Foley wrote:Petitioner failed to file her 2006 Federal income tax return, and respondent,
pursuant to section 6020(b), prepared a substitute for return. Respondent, on June
5, 2009, sent petitioner a notice of deficiency, and on May 3, 2010, sent petitioner
a Notice of Intent to Levy and Notice of Your Right to a Hearing relating to 2006.
On May 19, 2010, petitioner submitted a Form 12153, Request for a Collection
Due Process or Equivalent Hearing; attached a 16-page letter in which she
asserted that respondent lacked authority to file a substitute for return; and stated
that “the heart of this matter and appeal, is the lack of any statute which clearly
and unequivocally makes me liable for, or subject to, the federal income tax
imposed
”.
The bolding is mine. I wonder where she got that from? :whistle:

In what is not a surprise to us,
Judge Foley wrote:Petitioner raised frivolous issues in her CDP hearing request, did not raise
any relevant issues during the hearing, did not propose a collection alternative,
and did not provide requested documentation. Accordingly, respondent did
not abuse his discretion.
I think we will be hearing more from her in the future.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Re: Another non-filer finds out the hard way there is a law

Post by AndyK »

No sanctions, no penalties: VICTORY :!:
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders