THREE CHARGED IN TAX REFUND SCAM

Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

THREE CHARGED IN TAX REFUND SCAM

Post by Number Six »

http://www.justice.gov/usao/ct/Press2013/20130906.html

What is staggering here is that it ran well into the millions. I hope the IRS in the future is able to nip these scams in the bud, it must be hard to recoup the money after a long period of time.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
Duke2Earl
Eighth Operator of the Delusional Mooloo

Re: THREE CHARGED IN TAX REFUND SCAM

Post by Duke2Earl »

Maybe somebody should have noticed they lived in a town named "Surprise."
My choice early in life was to either be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politican. And to tell the truth there's hardly any difference.

Harry S Truman
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

Duke2Earl wrote:Maybe somebody should have noticed they lived in a town named "Surprise."
Yeah, well federal and union employees particularly are well schooled in not being biased against anyone for a dozen different reasons and then some so if you are from Intercourse, PA, or Sioux Lookout, Montana and your name is Ima or Ura Hogg, it should not matter, so common sense has to get turned off when natural instincts may actually be useful in some of these cases.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Duke2Earl wrote:Maybe somebody should have noticed they lived in a town named "Surprise."
Oddly enough, I have a relative to retired to Surprise about 15 years ago and lives in one of Del Webb's "Sun City" communities along with about 100,000 other retired folks. It's basically part of the Phoenix sprawl.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three