The Crawfords post eviction liabilities

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

PeanutGallery
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: The Crawfords post eviction liabilities

Post by PeanutGallery »

Gregg wrote:There are still some dodgy parts, but you would be amazed how much Detroit has turned around.
With or without the help of Omni Consumer Products?
Warning may contain traces of nut
Joinder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Joinder »

Gregg wrote:In all fairness, I would point out that the USA is huge country, with millions of Police Officers who have never beaten the sense out of anyone, (or into anyone, as the case may be) and most of our police, even in the big cities I am familiar with, (Boston, Detroit, Atlanta, Cincinnati and parts of Florida) are as friendly as the touristy bobbies I remember in London. But I also will say that I'm a fairly affluent white man who drives mid priced new cars and am always careful to be polite and compliant to the occasional cop who pulls me over. I fully believe that even a law abiding and respectful black man, driving a 20 year old sedan in bad shape, especially at night, should be afraid if they see police bumpers in the mirror. I hadn't considered this until recently, when here in Cincinnati, a very bucolic city in middle America, a college campus policeman tried to pull over a car (not on the college campus BTW) for not having a tag on the front of the car (most states in the USA don't even require that, but Ohio does) and the cop killed him, its another Utube greatest hits, you can see it if you google UC Campus Police killed victim traffic stop or something like....anyway, the day after the police released the video from the patrol car, a friend of mine, who is black, also makes a good income, but drives an older car (he lives 3 miles from work and his wife drives the nice car) told me flat out, "If I ever get pulled over I'm gonna keep going until I find a parking lot full of people.
Yeah, but aren't Americans " free" because they own guns ? unlike us Brits who live under servitude because we can't buy a gun in Tescos??

Moderator warning. This has some relevance to the above quote, so I'm not deleting it, but mentions of guns used by "civilians", except as directly related to armed FotLs, stops here.
Last edited by Arthur Rubin on Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moderator warning on approaching politics
SoLongCeylon

Post by SoLongCeylon »

Has there been any update from Craig - or did the judge give him life along with the two murderers he was sharing a waiting area with yesterday? :thinking:
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

SoLongCeylon wrote:Has there been any update from Craig - or did the judge give him life along with the two murderers he was sharing a waiting area with yesterday? :thinking:
From sharp as a blunt knife FB page.
Catherine Cullen What did you get (for daring to stand up to the banks)?
Like · Reply · 1 · 20 hrs
Craig Crawford Another direction hearing thing
Like · Reply · 20 hrs
Dena Bull What does that mean Craig? X
Craig Crawford It means they're wasting more money and more time!
Dena Bull What else is new?!! Does it just basically mean they keep prolonging it coz they haven't got anything to actually charge u with? X
Like · Reply · 20 hrs
Craig Crawford They said the evidence was "limited"
Like · Reply · 20 hrs
Dena Bull Bloody idiots!! Any progress with the house Hun? Xx
Dena seems be as dim as him.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

Castle Crawfraud is up for sale again

I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Here's the RightMove listing. It's with Graham Penny Auctions, which often feature on Homes Under The Hammer.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for ... 07025.html

Oh what fun it would be if HUTH cameras were at the auction that day when no doubt a bunch of freetards will turn up to disrupt the proceedings.
Last edited by mufc1959 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

That should be a fun day out. Wonder if they'll be able to muster enough support to get it withdrawn again? Might be worth booking a viewing.
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

mufc1959 wrote:Here's the RightMove listing. It's with Graham Penny Auctions, which often feature on Homes Under The Hammer.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for ... 07025.html
The bit at the bottom of that link is quite ironic

exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

How dreadfully sad this is. Imagine what it would have raised had the antics of the rooftop 6 not led to the place being trashed or if Tom had cooperated with his lender and got a decent price - upwards of £100k would have been likely.

Here's a thought tho. I wonder if a purchaser stands between the lender gaining repossession and whoever it might be buys the place at auction this time round?

Some were speculating that the place went for about £40k - if so a guide of £70k would represent a tidy profit if there was.

I can foresee chaos and mayhem at the auction, whatever the truth of it.
AndyPandy

Re: The Crawfords post eviction liabilitie

Post by AndyPandy »

exiledscouser wrote:How dreadfully sad this is. Imagine what it would have raised had the antics of the rooftop 6 not led to the place being trashed or if Tom had cooperated with his lender and got a decent price - upwards of £100k would have been likely.

Here's a thought tho. I wonder if a purchaser stands between the lender gaining repossession and whoever it might be buys the place at auction this time round?

Some were speculating that the place went for about £40k - if so a guide of £70k would represent a tidy profit if there was.

I can foresee chaos and mayhem at the auction, whatever the truth of it.
I agree is sad, the bungelow even looks sad and neglected, a testament to a few good mens stupidity !

No doubt auction will have a Police presence !
letissier14

Re: The Crawfords post eviction liabilitie

Post by letissier14 »

AndyPandy wrote:
No doubt auction will have a Police presence !
I'm sure it will

NG3

Post by NG3 »

letissier14 wrote:Castle Crawfraud is up for sale again
I predicted it would be flipped like this. The Crawford's idiocy has facilitated a tidy profit for someone, money that could have been in their pockets instead.

As for any notions about disrupting auctions they'd do well to consider this isn't the Crawford's house up for auction, nor even UKAR's property, but the property of the person who bought it from UKAR. Legally, or at least related to mitigating circumstances, that makes a big difference.

There's no "lawful protest" excuse here, not now it's that far removed from the Crawford's time as residents.

On that basis, if there's a braincell somewhere in the Crawford family they'd be advising against any action, to avoid further conspiracy charges.

Of course that's if there's a braincell.
Pox

Post by Pox »

letissier14 wrote:Castle Crawfraud is up for sale again
Well that's a surprise to me.

I wonder why - apart from the original buyers wanting to make a quick buck but why not invest a bit of money in it and make a bigger buck?
Depends on what it actually sells for of course, but if the original purchase price was £45k (?), add on top the legal fees, then the auction fees (these tend to be more expensive than the usual estate agents fees), council tax (which is still payable even on an empty property)then maybe the margin could be around £15k - assuming a sale price of £70k.
Surely it would have been better to put the property in order again at a cost of say £15k and then sell for £100k?

If it sells for anything like the guide price with no renovation or improvements since it was last sold 'under the table' I would think that the Crawfords would have a strong case for compo from UKAR, even though the info posted on social media suggested that a public auction would have been disrupted.UKAR could have opted for best and final bids with proof of funds as a means of sale which would have stymied any disruption at a public sale IMO.
NG3

Post by NG3 »

Pox wrote:assuming a sale price of £70k.
I suspect the £70k guide is a come and get me guide, intended to attract bidders to push for a much higher price.

Ellie's made a post about the sale:

http://www.nottinghampost.com/home-Tom- ... story.html
The former home of Tom Crawford is to go under the hammer at auction next month.

Mr Crawford was evicted from the Carlton home on July 2 following a high-profile dispute with Bradford and Bingley over his mortgage.

The house, on Fearn Chase, was seized by the bank and is now up for sale through Graham Penny Auctions.

It has a guide price of £70,000 and is described as a two-bedroom detached bungalow "in need of major improvement, modernisation and upgrading".
Oh, and...

I thought that they were aware the police monitor their silly little Facebook group?
Pox

Post by Pox »

NG3 wrote:
Pox wrote:assuming a sale price of £70k.
I suspect the £70k guide is a come and get me guide, intended to attract bidders to push for a much higher price.
That may well be the case and I will have to check this out with an auctioneer acquaintance but my understanding is that with property auctions, agents are under an obligation to cite a 'realistic' guide price (something to do with realistic/fair / not meant to mislead descriptions).

Similarly, the sales details appear to be more than realistic, describing the property as needing major improvement. Unless there is something we don't know, to my (surveyors) eye, 'major improvement' refers to structural problems not a bit of a roof fix and a new boiler.

I am starting to wonder about what went on in the property between the eviction and the current advertised sale and the EPC saying 'no heating system present' still concerns me.

So, if we take the view that the guide price is unrealistic just to act as a carrot would a final sales price of 10% either way be acceptable to TPTB who monitor such things? Or 20%? I don't know how Trading Standards (or whoever monitors such matters) would view it.

Without a doubt, Tom has dug a stupid and costly hole for himself and I have no sympathy for him but if the property does sell for more than UKAR sold it for , I do believe that he would have a valid case against them for selling short (negligence maybe?).

If he and his supporters had any sense, which they clearly don't, they should let the auction run its course so that the best possible price is realised and then go after compensation from UKAR.

Of course, UKAR could counter with the costs they had for security etc. but I am sure that good legal representation could find a way round this.
Last edited by Pox on Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bones

Post by Bones »

exiledscouser wrote: Some were speculating that the place went for about £40k - if so a guide of £70k would represent a tidy profit if there was. .
It was sold last time for £55,000

Bones

Post by Bones »

Ellie Cullen - Nottingham Post wrote:
The former home of Tom Crawford is to go under the hammer at auction next month.

It has a guide price of £70,000 and is described as a two-bedroom detached bungalow "in need of major improvement, modernisation and upgrading".

Mr Crawford appealed the decision at the High Court, but a second judge said his claim was "totally without merit".
But she was told 15 times, twice by Tom and 13 times by Guy that Tom had won !!!1!!!!!
NG3

Post by NG3 »

Bones wrote:
But she was told 15 times, twice by Tom and 13 times by Guy that Tom had won !!!1!!!!!
Which is probably the only reason that story got published today, I mean it's hardly newsworthy, but it does allow a degree of revenge by allowing her to rub salt in the wound, as payback for the bullying phone calls.

How's that old saying go "He who laughs last..."

I imagine the Posts court reports are not going to be too flattering in January...
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

http://www.auctionhouselondon.co.uk/ask ... ioneer.php

Guide prices are just that, an indication of what the auctioneer expects it to sell, or a rough guide as to what the seller wants for it. It has nothing to do with the expected market value of such a property, just a guide.

Iirc the guide price is immaterial to being misleading, misleading would be to say, the property has heating, when it actually only has radiators but no boiler.
Pox

Post by Pox »

FatGambit wrote:http://www.auctionhouselondon.co.uk/ask ... ioneer.php

Guide prices are just that, an indication of what the auctioneer expects it to sell, or a rough guide as to what the seller wants for it. It has nothing to do with the expected market value of such a property, just a guide.

Iirc the guide price is immaterial to being misleading, misleading would be to say, the property has heating, when it actually only has radiators but no boiler.
https://www.asa.org.uk/News-resources/M ... tions.aspx