Peter of England: A REal guru.

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

rumpelstilzchen
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Peter of England: A REal guru.

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

PeanutGallery wrote:The problem is that the more 'successes' that are reported, like Emily, the more likely it is that suckers who were sitting on the fence will be tempted to sign up. Of course when WeRe bank doesn't actually transfer real funds to pay for the cleared cheques the transactions will be reversed.

Another risk is that those who report a short term 'success' could be about to incur even greater debt, should they now assume that they will be able to clear their credit card balance every month then they may be tempted to use those cards and rack up even higher debts.

When this comes crashing down I can imagine that some of Peters victims will find themselves in a much deeper hole than they had previously encountered.
Good! They deserve everything they get. I have absolutely no sympathy for them.
Hopefully, when the proverbial eventually hits the fan, Peter will be looking at doing some porridge. What could be better?
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:
PeanutGallery wrote:
When this comes crashing down I can imagine that some of Peters victims will find themselves in a much deeper hole than they had previously encountered.
Good! They deserve everything they get. I have absolutely no sympathy for them.
Hopefully, when the proverbial eventually hits the fan, Peter will be looking at doing some porridge. What could be better?
I couldn't agree more Rumple. When the multiple orgasms are over, there will be a lot of mopping up to do but Peter and bertiebert won't be anywhere to be seen. Ceylon will deny having ever supported the con bank and ban anyone where attacks him for doing so.
I have to confess, I am enjoying this.
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

This little exchange on Peter of England's FB page made me ponder ...

Emily Love-Light Davies Peter has released funds on the cheques I've sent. My balances are now nil on credit cards

Phil Cliffe So you'll stop using the cards now?

Emily Love-Light Davies Yes
This makes no sense from a FOTL/GOODFer perspective. Why, if you have recourse to an unlimited source of funds to pay off your bills, would you stop using the cards? Why not max out the cards each month and pay them off with WeRe cheques?

As for me, I haven't stopped using my credit cards - but that's because I pay them off in full every month using actual money that I've earned myself.
rumpelstilzchen

wanglepin wrote: I couldn't agree more Rumple. When the multiple orgasms are over, there will be a lot of mopping up to do but Peter and bertiebert won't be anywhere to be seen.
It would be funny if Peter went on the run like those other gurus Bonacci and Menard. Gurus on the Run! Sounds like a Bruce Springsteen song.
Don't get me wrong. If anyone finds themselves in genuine hardship and the wolves are at the door, if they attempt to rectify their situation using the conventional route I believe they should receive all the assistance they require. They should be helped. But this is quite different. These WeRe bank idiots have mortgages, mobile phones, Sky TV and motor cars but they do not believe they should pay for those things. They expect to receive everything FOC at everybody else's cost. They expect other people to supply them with gas, electricity and water and to do it all unpaid. They are parasites. They expect everything for nothing.
Ceylon will deny having ever supported the con bank and ban anyone where attacks him for doing so.
He appears to be keeping in the background on this one.
I have to confess, I am enjoying this.
Me too. I'm looking forward to the finale.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

I think Peter deserves prison for sure. In fact I've been trying to get the GMP to take some interest in this matter to no avail. Perhaps when the Cheques start coming back then they will stir themselves to action.

The people I do have sympathy for are those who are too dumb or desperate or naive and who have been suckered by Peter's promise of financial absolution. Sure we know that the promise is bull, but I would suggest this is because we have better critical thinking skills than the GooF's. While I would agree that some are looking for an easy ride in life, I don't think we can tar all of those who come to GooF looking for advice with the same brush. Equally we must remember that the person who dreamed this scam up, for that is what it is, is the true villain.

Peter for sure is bottom feeding scum. But I must question if we do know the intent of those who have fallen for this scam. Some could be doing it out of sheer desperation and hold a genuine belief that it should work.
Warning may contain traces of nut
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

rumpelstilzchen wrote: [ceylon]He appears to be keeping in the background on this one.
he's` started a few threads on it but I must admit, we only get the odd comment. And there is the fawning Amanda who tells us ceylon supports it wholeheartedly and would expose it if it was a con. :lol: that made me chuckle I must admit.
Peter explains WeRe Bank and many other things
http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... UI4wDTF98E
Peter of England FAQ with Graphics
http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... UI5OzTF98E
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

I have just had another reply from FCA.
Dear xxxxxxxx,

Thank you for replying and clarifying that for me. I have now also sent forward the information you have provided about WeRe bank, Freeman Legal Service and the individuals mentioned to the relevant department for their consideration.

With regard to the Freeman Legal Services you may wish to refer this to the Solicitors Regulation Authority in case it would be of interest to them:
http://www.sra.org.uk/home/home.page

Thank you again for this information, if you wish to pass on any further information or have any questions then please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely,
Sudipa Bhattacharjee

Customer Contact Centre
Financial Conduct Authority
Consumer Helpline 0800 111 6768
Website www.fca.org.uk
Email consumer.queries@fca.org.uk
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

If there are any questions anyone may want to ask or information I should pass on please send me your lists :P Although all the contact information is above, you may want to do it yourself as I am sure Sudipa from the FCA would appreciate it. :lol:
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

wanglepin wrote:If there are any questions anyone may want to ask or information I should pass on please send me your lists :P Although all the contact information is above, you may want to do it yourself as I am sure Sudipa from the FCA would appreciate it. :lol:
Well Done :)
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

Thanks for that, wanglepin.

I have emailed Mr Bhattacharjee with all the personal information I have on Peter Smith.

I suppose the current crowing about cleared funds misunderstands the process. When a cheque is paid in, the payee's account is tentatively credited. A few days later, the drawee bank honours the cheque, so it is cleared. Or (as I expect will happen here), the bank dishonours the cheque and the payee's account is debited.

I am suprised that cheques appear to be heading through the clearing system to the WeRe Bank. Of course, people who claim this may be lying.
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

I suppose the current crowing about cleared funds misunderstands the process. When a cheque is paid in, the payee's account is tentatively credited. A few days later, the drawee bank honours the cheque, so it is cleared. Or (as I expect will happen here), the bank dishonours the cheque and the payee's account is debited.

I am suprised that cheques appear to be heading through the clearing system to the WeRe Bank. Of course, people who claim this may be lying
I don't think they're lying, I think they're just mistaken. The cheques look real so initially, as you say, they'll show as a credit to the account until the payee's established there's no actual money to pay it.

Someone on GOODF asked how the funds will be paid to the payee's bank. Apparently Peter sends them an email. Just imagine:

To: PaymentCentre@HSBC.com
Subject: Cheque for £120,000

Please put £120,000 into Goofy's account. I do have the money - Goofy signed a piece of paper that tells me so.

Thank you.
Peter of England
Grand Poo-Bah of WeRe Bank

:haha:
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

This will fall down at the stage when the banks expect to get a transfer from an account at the Bank of England for the total amount of funds WeReBank has claimed is clear. When WeReBank fails to actually give them any real money they should reverse the transaction and I imagine the fraud squad will be involved very quickly.

The current process and situation in regard to the current cleared funds is analogous to a stage in a scam commonly known as advanced fee fraud, only in this case the 'victims' are doing it to themselves. Advanced Fee Fraud relies on money being credited to an account before the financial instrument has finished clearing. I would suggest we are at that stage here, it looks like it's worked but it's actually about to fall down.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

A side-issue: JimmyW doesn't know how to write cheques. He writes the amount in words on the cheque, but doesn't write the name of the payee.
longdog

Post by longdog »

I notice Peter has deleted at least one, possibly two posts from Facebook in the last 24 hours.

I wonder why :Axe:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
rumpelstilzchen

It comes as no surprise that these "financial experts" need instructions on how to write out a cheque.
BHF wrote:
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

Mr Sudipa Bhattacharjee mentions the Solicitors Regulation Authority as I also wrote of Peter of England`s Freeman Legal Services.
With regard to the Freeman Legal Services you may wish to refer this to the Solicitors Regulation Authority in case it would be of interest to them:
http://www.sra.org.uk/home/home.page
What can actually be said about this freeman service as regards to paying for advice that Peter says is 100%fail proof? Has anyone here been in touch with SRA?
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

longdog wrote:I notice Peter has deleted at least one, possibly two posts from Facebook in the last 24 hours.

I wonder why :Axe:
because it was probably bollocks to be honest.
I have sent another e-mail to Sudipa Bhattacharjee at the FCA showing bertieberts claims on goodf. I think this post has been deleted from P of E`s FB page
by bertiebert » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:45 am

Emily Love-Light Davies, Peter has released funds on the cheques I've sent. My balances are now nil on credit cards.
Emily Love-Light Davies Holy shit!!! Sorry for language I've just checked Barclays app and three Barclay cards finito!!!!!
Emily Love-Light Davies Mine have cleared

Cindy Harris Emily, I've paid off the Council Tax, South Yorkshire Water Authority, Virgin Media, a Credit Card Payment, Equita Debt Collectors and the Mortgage! Looks like they have all been cleared cos I posted them about 2 weeks ago. I've had confirmation from Virgin Media and my Credit Card agency.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Peter-Of ... 9179700768
I also mentioned the claim that "The Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce" had cleared one or more of these cheques. Although that post has now been edited by bertiebert and now says
The Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce has agreed to submit the cheques for clearance
bertiebert » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:07 pm

The Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce has agreed to submit the cheques (2) for clearance by WeRe and for WeRe bank to send funds.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Peter-Of ... 68?fref=nf
Last edited by bertiebert on Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... UJu4DTF98E
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

littleFred wrote:A side-issue: JimmyW doesn't know how to write cheques. He writes the amount in words on the cheque, but doesn't write the name of the payee.
To be fair from his other videos JimmyW looks around my age (mid 30's) and I've only ever written two cheques in my entire life. Quite simply my generation are completely unfamiliar with this antiquated method of payment given that we all do it on the interwebs now and as such very likely to get things wrong.

While I think their is compelling evidence elsewhere that Jimmy is an idiot, I don't think we can hold this as a sign of stupidity, it's more a mistake borne of ignorance.
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

The FB page has been cleaned up to remove any hint of criticism. So it's just full of happy people with no more debts! How lovely!
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

I have passed along this thread, the GOOF threads, and WeRe bank website to my friend at CIBC who is sharing it with his friends at Corporate Security. Can't hurt, but may help to speed up the rejections and spark some action.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.