Peter of England: A REal guru.

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

PeanutGallery
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Peter of England: A REal guru.

Post by PeanutGallery »

In all likelihood they will have long written us off as hopeless sheeple of the new world order, some will pray that we will individually wake up, or take the blue or red pill (whichever one it was Neo took), or turn against our evil reptilian overlords, or whatever other flavour of crazy they have adopted to explain why the 'system' keeps them down.

If they visit us, they may not fully understand all of our arguments (in much the same way we can't fathom any sense out of Kate of Gaia), and may well feel that they can point and laugh at us from their side of the fence. I'd wager that they don't have as much interest in us, we don't really do anything for their amusement nor do we have post after post on how the system isn't working for us, whereas when we visit GOODF we find no end of humour borne of GOODFer hubris.

I would say that the difference in our philosophy's is most likely the practical notion that we have an understanding of what the law is and they simply understand the law they wish they could have. Both of us will claim to know what is going on, but only one side will be backed up by things like court judgements and principals of law. When they aren't backed up by law, they call the courts corrupt, because it's easier to blame another for your own shortcomings.

As for whether the fellow now commenting is the real Ceylon, I'd say no. The spelling is too good, they use capitalisation correctly and are typing with a distinct lack of exclamation marks. Anyone who has watched a 'Ceylon' produced film should know that he carnt spel gud LOVES TO SHOUT and !!!!!!!!!1!!!!!1. Finally Ceylon would never try to back away from the crazy, he'd be far more likely to spout about how the banks are crooked for not letting Peter defraud them.
Warning may contain traces of nut
little mouse
Swabby
Swabby

Post by little mouse »

Spotted this altercation just b4 it got removed...

bertiebert
some people just need everything spelt out to them,,, follow the BIBLE = Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth

Jaquid1
Just who the hell do you think your talking to? You are just another keyboard worrier. Find the time to come to a Nottingham Meeting and say that to my face arsehole
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

little mouse wrote: bertiebert
some people just need everything spelt out to them,,, follow the BIBLE
Basic Instructions Before Losing Everything.

FTFY, bertie
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

vampireLOREN wrote: I wonder if "they" visit here as much as we visit them?
Hard to know really, because any GOOFy who brings in ideas from reality is ostracised as a troll or shill. I suppose that some of them must visit Quatloos, but they won't show any sign of it in their posts there. In fact they will be more eager to show their loyalty, because of the totalitarian cult mentality in GOOFy.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
tilts
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by tilts »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
Hard to know really, because any GOOFy who brings in ideas from reality is ostracised as a troll or shill. I suppose that some of them must visit Quatloos, but they won't show any sign of it in their posts there. In fact they will be more eager to show their loyalty, because of the totalitarian cult mentality in GOOFy.
Stumbled across this forum and few days ago from a link on Peter of England's fb page and have enjoyed it..... Cheers

I've posted a couple of links on goodf now.......so maybe you'll get a few more visitors through the wormhole
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

Welcome, tilts!

On Peter's Facebook:
Peter wrote:SEVERAL MEMBERS HAVE "COMPLAINED" saying they have been accused of FRAUD or have been told the cheque is "fraudulent". This is nonsense and can easily be disproved, but look at it from the bankers POV. This word is inappropriately used.
They [our ReMembers] are NOT helping their own cause or case as they ReFuse to follow the BIBLE = Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth and they have & continue to make errors, which aren't too serious BUT cause confusion in the minds of the bank clerks and clearers.

Upon speaking to them [ReMembers] and asking the following questions they reply often as follows and some have MADE EVERY SINGLE MISTAKE BELOW ON THE SAME PRESENTMENT!!

1. Did you sign the cheque on the back = YES = MISTAKE

2.Did you make it payable to the entity asking for the money? NO= MISTAKE

3. Did you make it payable to the POST OFFICE? YES= MISTAKE

4. Have you tried to pay it into your own account or an account in your name? YES= MISTAKE

5.Did you attach an allonge to your cheque or enclose one? NO = MISTAKE
On point (2), I take that to mean the cheque must contain the payee's name. If I want to pay "Exshire District Council", I need to put those words on the first line of the cheque. If that is what he means, that is standard practice, and Peter is correct. The other points are not standard practice. These are extra "rules" invented by Peter.

On the first sentence of Peter's:
Peter wrote:SEVERAL MEMBERS HAVE "COMPLAINED" saying they have been accused of FRAUD or have been told the cheque is "fraudulent".
Peter believes he doesn't have to obey statutes and, anyhow, he runs his own court that is more powerful than any other so he is untouchable. However, his motoring convictions demonstrate he has no immunity.

The entire point of the scheme is that it claims to scam debtors. The idea is: a sucker owes £1000 to Exshire District Council. He writes a cheque to pay Exshire District Council the sum of £1000. WeRe Bank won't honour this cheque. Exshire District Council won't get £1000. Peter claims that this means the sucker no longer owes Exshire District Council the sum of £1000. This is untrue. It should be obvious to anyone that when a cheque bounces (for any reason) and payment is not made, the debt is not extinguished. Being generous to Peter, he misunderstands the BoE 1882.

But Peter claims to have a Law degree and a background in Financial Services. If that is true, then I can't see how he could so badly misread the law. I conclude he is lying. Peter is lying to the suckers about what these cheques can do. The cheque itself falsely represents that Exshire District Council will be paid £1000. I'm not a lawyer, but that seems to be a "false representation" under Fraud Act 2006 ss.

Peter himself tells us, in the small print, that WeRe won't pay £1000 to Exshire District Council. His FAQ says:
Peter wrote:Also you should be fully aware that any cheque signed off in STG £ is honoured, to the PAYEE, not in STERLING [£] but in Re units – which are “monetary units of account” “cheque book money” or “bank ledger money of account”.
So Peter won't pay £1000 to Exshire District Council.

So, Peter claims his cheques will scam Exshire District Council. But he knows they won't work and that this side of of the scam won't work. Why does he do this? To make money from the other side of the scam, the hundreds of suckers who pay £10 per month for these useless cheques. Suckers are being conned into thinking this will Get Them Out Of Debt Free.

I ask the suckers: why do you give £10 per month to a con-man?

I would post this to GOODF or Peter's Facebook page but there is no point. It would get deleted. So I invite anyone (Peter, Bertie, anyone at all) to debate this here.
rumpelstilzchen

Peter believes he doesn't have to obey statutes
Surely Peter is operating in commerce? The footles tell us that statutes do apply when operating in commerce.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
GaryBale
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by GaryBale »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
I post on "GOOFY" occasionally.

It's fair to say opposing opinions aren't always popular or welcome on "GOOFY".
rumpelstilzchen

GaryBale wrote:
I post on "GOOFY" occasionally.

It's fair to say opposing opinions aren't always popular or welcome on "GOOFY".
That's a bit of an understatement. :lol:
Welcome to Quatloos.
BHF wrote:
tilts
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by tilts »

I would post this to GOODF or Peter's Facebook page but there is no point. It would get deleted. So I invite anyone (Peter, Bertie, anyone at all) to debate this here.
littleFred

Why not post it anyway, littleFred ?..... You might get some response.....The wormhole is open and passage is free ......and the goodfolk could benefit from a little healthy debate
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

tilts wrote:Stumbled across this forum and few days ago from a link on Peter of England's fb page and have enjoyed it..... Cheers

I've posted a couple of links on goodf now.......so maybe you'll get a few more visitors through the wormhole
Welcome, tilts! Hope you stick around, a curious and thoughtful person should explore all sides of a topic.

The key question we have about the Werebank is how the werecheques will be paid. Maybe you can help?

Let's say Bertie writes a cheque to the council for £1,000 and they contact Peter's clearance hotline. At that point, Bertie's debt can only be cleared if Peter gives £1,000 in real £UKP to the council. We can't see where Peter's going to get the money from? He has maybe £10,000 in cash sent by weremembers, but that will be gone within 24hrs.

I think the suspicion here is that PoE is going to try to keep the £UKP for himself, and fob off creditors with worthless Re's or promissory notes, payment by alien osmotic transfusion etc. Obviously the banks and other creditors won't accept this, and Bertie will wake up to the Bailiffs on his doorstep. So Bertie still has all his debts, but he's now also lost the time and money he invested in the Werebank.

Maybe there's a point we've missed? Because tomorrow PoE is probably going to need to settle a hundred werecheques, perhaps totalling £50,000, and we can't see how that's going to happen.

PS - I see that LittleFred has found the answer, above -
littleFred wrote:Peter himself tells us, in the small print, that WeRe won't pay £1000 to Exshire District Council. His FAQ says:
Peter wrote:Also you should be fully aware that any cheque signed off in STG £ is honoured, to the PAYEE, not in STERLING [£] but in Re units – which are “monetary units of account” “cheque book money” or “bank ledger money of account”.
So PoE really is going to try to fob off creditors with worthless Re's or promissory notes, payment by alien osmotic transfusion etc. Which they will obviously refuse, just the same as if Bertie had sent them in himself. And their refusal to accept pretend money does not cancel the debt, that argument has been tried and thrown out many times in court.
Last edited by Hercule Parrot on Mon May 04, 2015 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
GaryBale
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by GaryBale »

I found this site by Googling something to the effect of "Peter of England conman". Initially thinking it was some kind of Ponzi scheme, and he'd just vanish with 50k or so.

My assessment matches Hercule Parrot's.
rumpelstilzchen

tilts wrote:
Why not post it anyway, littleFred ?..... You might get some response.....The wormhole is open and passage is free ......and the goodfolk could benefit from a little healthy debate
The problem is there would not be any healthy debate. The mods on GOOFs would delete the post immediately along with any responses it attracted. The GOOF crew appear to fear having their beliefs challenged and quickly ban members who dare to question them. They criticise TPTB but they act in a manner that, if it were TPTB acting in the same way, they would cry foul. But that is the nature of that type of site. It is different on here. You would have to work really hard to get banned from Quatloos.
BHF wrote:
tilts
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by tilts »

Maybe you can help?

I doubt it....

I have no idea how any of this bank stuff works.......haven't had a bank account for donkeys years
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

I forgot, until I read the Jimmy thread, that Peter of England will also soon have to find half a million quid to send to the A/ctant General in Scotland.
Re-Movement with WeRe Bank is placing the SUM of £500,000 with the Accountant General, of the Senior Courts,[AGSC] Courts Funds Office, Glasgow G58 1AB,DX 501757, COWGLEN, as per Section 144(1) of the Road Traffic Act 1988* [below].

Please apply for details and Cover Note. See RTA 1988
rumpelstilzchen

tilts wrote:
I have no idea how any of this bank stuff works.......haven't had a bank account for donkeys years
Have you signed up to Peter's bank?
BHF wrote:
tilts
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by tilts »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:
tilts wrote:
The problem is there would not be any healthy debate. The mods on GOOFs would delete the post immediately along with any responses it attracted. The GOOF crew appear to fear having their beliefs challenged and quickly ban members who dare to question them. They criticise TPTB but they act in a manner that, if it were TPTB acting in the same way, they would cry foul. But that is the nature of that type of site. It is different on here. You would have to work really hard to get banned from Quatloos.
That may or may not be the case rumpelstilzchen..... I believe there is some evidence of that.

No, I have not signed up to were bank. Why would I do such a thing?

Would you mind if I posted your questions littleFred?
littleFred

Post by littleFred »

tilts wrote:Why not post it anyway, littleFred ?..... You might get some response.....The wormhole is open and passage is free ......and the goodfolk could benefit from a little healthy debate
I agree, they would benefit from a little healthy debate, but they won't allow it. I've been banned from GOODF for far more minor posts than the above.

Incidentally, the ethos in Quatloos is that we don't debate what the law should be. There's nothing wrong with such discussions, but Quatloos isn't the place for them.

I have no issue with people at GOODF or anywhere discussing what they want the law to be. I do have a big problem with people like Peter of England telling massive unthruths about what the law is. He gets so much wrong that a non-lawyer such as myself can easily discover this.
tilts wrote:Maybe you can help?

I doubt it....

Banks have websites and leaflets that explain how their accounts work. For more technical details about clearing, see the Cheque and Credit Clearing Company.
littleFred

Post by littleFred »

tilts wrote:Would you mind if I posted your questions littleFred?
Feel free.
tilts
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by tilts »

littleFred wrote:
tilts wrote:Would you mind if I posted your questions littleFred?
Feel free.
Cheers

My sense is that there is no-one on goodf who is in a position to answer and that only events, as they unfold, will.