UK - Neelu Berry opens my eyes

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: UK - Neelu Berry opens my eyes

Post by NYGman »

For their next trick, all personal cars will become police cars, therefore no MOT or road tax required. Next time they get pulled over, simply explain how you are actually driving an undercover people's police cars, fully exempt from the law.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
The Seventh String

Post by The Seventh String »

Lots of vehicles operated by state bodies aren’t taxed or insured, have “ordinary” MOT records or return anything from a public DVLC website search.

Insurance, as already said, can be handled by depositing a substantial bond instead. Crown property often isn’t insured because the Crown can afford pretty much any loss.

The logic with the road tax was, and for all I know still is, that it’s a pointless exercise for the Crown to pay tax to the Crown.

If Neelu wants to point her paranoia in the right direction she needs to watch out for are the ordinary, everyday sort of vehicles the state uses but which do show up as taxed, insured, MOT’d etc. They’re the ones used for sneaky purposes so need to seem like every other car if checked up on.

Telling them apart from all the other cars is the difficult bit. Which is kind of the point.
The Seventh String

Post by The Seventh String »

NYGman wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:17 pm For their next trick, all personal cars will become police cars, therefore no MOT or road tax required. Next time they get pulled over, simply explain how you are actually driving an undercover people's police cars, fully exempt from the law.
Some years ago my wife, a civil servant, was driving a civil service pool car (they’re very few and far between, but do exist) which as was normal for such cars had no tax disc displayed in the windscreen. She was pulled over by traffic police who then ran a DVLC and police national computer check on the vehicle’s registration to be told “no registered keeper or other information available”.

Which resulted in quite a bit of excitement among the constabulary. Not every day they pull over a basic model diesel Vauxhall Astra to find they’ve discovered a suspicious car with its identity removed by a criminal mastermind for unknown but clearly nefarious purposes.

When they found out it was a Car, Vauxhall Astra, Crown Property, civil servants for the occasional use of, containing a civil servant on her way to a meeting it seems it quite ruined their day.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

longdog wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:43 pm Rather than a recognition that the state paying taxes to the state is a little bit silly. :snicker:
I'm not going to name the council and I don't know how widespread this is, but I know of one that would issue parking tickets against its own refuse collecting service.

I hear some of you say "Good. Can't have one law for the people and another for the council." :naughty: But you are allowed to stop to load/unload which meant it then had to appeal against itself. Costs ran into the tens of thousands per year and that didn't include wasted time! Even when the stupidity was pointed out, highways refused to back down. :shrug:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:31 am
longdog wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:43 pm Rather than a recognition that the state paying taxes to the state is a little bit silly. :snicker:
I'm not going to name the council and I don't know how widespread this is, but I know of one that would issue parking tickets against its own refuse collecting service.

I hear some of you say "Good. Can't have one law for the people and another for the council." :naughty: But you are allowed to stop to load/unload which meant it then had to appeal against itself. Costs ran into the tens of thousands per year and that didn't include wasted time! Even when the stupidity was pointed out, highways refused to back down. :shrug:
Yes this sort of thing happens because the rules apply to the many and people don't recognise the exception. Another good example is speed cameras. There will be a lot of time spent trying to stop sending notices out to police forces and ambulance services for all the "speeding" done when running with "blues and twos".
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Footloose52

Post by Footloose52 »

I know that York City Council have ticketed a police car for parking on yellow lines.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Footloose52 wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:22 pm I know that York City Council have ticketed a police car for parking on yellow lines.
That isn't as absurd as it may sound.

Here in the colonies, at least, the police are expected to obey all traffic laws, including parking regulations, unless they are on a call. That means, unless they are pursuing someone, they are supposed to obey the speed limit, stop for red lights and park legally.

In such a case, if the ticket was issued while the officer(s) were not on a call, then the ticket should be the personal responsibility of the officer driving the car, not the police force that employs him or her.
longdog

Post by longdog »

noblepa wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:27 am
Footloose52 wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:22 pm I know that York City Council have ticketed a police car for parking on yellow lines.
That isn't as absurd as it may sound.

Here in the colonies, at least, the police are expected to obey all traffic laws, including parking regulations, unless they are on a call. That means, unless they are pursuing someone, they are supposed to obey the speed limit, stop for red lights and park legally.

In such a case, if the ticket was issued while the officer(s) were not on a call, then the ticket should be the personal responsibility of the officer driving the car, not the police force that employs him or her.
I think that's the case in the UK. I have a vague recollection of a story in the Hull local rag about a cop having to pay a double yellow line ticket when he stopped for fish and chips.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Neelu has plumbed new depths. Whilst its terrible about her sister being rather ill, she's now encouraging her supporters to call the hospital demanding
that dolly Chaudhari be given antibiotics and alternative cancer treatment of www.oasisofhope.com as per her wishes stated by her for hyperthermia and ozone after IV antibiotics at queens hospital in romford ITU bed 12
Some numpties are actually doing it, wasting valuable NHS time
Sucheta Kumari Just tried to call, no answer.

Sucheta Kumari Will try again later.

Still , renowned Doctor Kumari has a cure, and handily she sells it on eBay.
Sucheta Kumari I would suggest a crystal which would help with energy and healing. I have one of these and they are very powerful.
I'd normally cut Neelu some slack based on (i) shes bonkers and (ii) this is quite a stressful situation. But when I see her pulling stunts like this I become more predisposed towards violence.
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
AnOwlCalledSage

I suspect the Princess is being a little disingenuous with the actualité. You can refuse treatment and simply walk out. That doesn't however extend to demanding treatments that medical staff don't believe is appropriate.
https://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/899.aspx?CategoryID=68
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Worse still Ms Kumari says all will be well if the sister simply goes on eBay and buys a magic orgone pendant - a snip at £30. Sounds as tho said sister is very poorly; as I was understand things she is in a drug-induced coma. Very sad and I hope she makes a full recovery. Last thing she needs is a queue of crackpot New Age physicians putting their ill-informed oar in.

Neelu insists that her sister has been poisoned and is now on the Do Not Resuscitate pathway as part of some dastardly plot. No matter how this plays out Neely will twist this to her world-view.

Perhaps the subject of her sister’s health should be deemed off limits for further comment?
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

exiledscouser wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:47 pm Worse still Ms Kumari says all will be well if the sister simply goes on eBay and buys a magic orgone pendant - a snip at £30. Sounds as tho said sister is very poorly; as I was understand things she is in a drug-induced coma. Very sad and I hope she makes a full recovery. Last thing she needs is a queue of crackpot New Age physicians putting their ill-informed oar in.

Neelu insists that her sister has been poisoned and is now on the Do Not Resuscitate pathway as part of some dastardly plot. No matter how this plays out Neely will twist this to her world-view.

Perhaps the subject of her sister’s health should be deemed off limits for further comment?
Too early to restrict the subject. If her sister's health sets her off on another nutcase crusade with the help of her idiot band the overall story itself may well be relevant even if details on the sister are not. We'll see how it goes.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
longdog

Post by longdog »

SteveUK wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:02 pmI'd normally cut Neelu some slack based on (i) shes bonkers and (ii) this is quite a stressful situation. But when I see her pulling stunts like this I become more predisposed towards violence.
I do wonder if her sister shares Neelu's attitudes and belief in alt.med quackery. I suspect probably not.

The sad outcome of all of this is almost certain to be the unfortunate demise of 'Dolly' and the almost inevitable claim by Neelu that her sister was 'murdered' by the NHS to be added to the 'murder' of her niece.

To be honest I find Neelu's bullshit sad... Not sad for those who have died but sad for the fact that Neelu seems unable to accept with dignity that all human life is transitory and that death is part of life.

It must be awful to live like that.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Zeke_the_Meek

Post by Zeke_the_Meek »

In my mind, this is the saddest part:
I will not be visiting as I do not wish to prejudice the paperwork or participate in the DNR Frauds.
I can think of two occasions where I've not visited someone on their death bed purely through my own selfishness/fears, and I can recall them readily because they are among the very few regrets I have in life. I'd imagine most if not all here can relate to this on some level.

I would trade every ounce of the schadenfreudian entertainment Quatloos has provided me if it meant Neelu would see through her fugue for one goddamn second and visit her sister without pretence.
Zeke_the_Meek

Post by Zeke_the_Meek »

*Addendum to the above: I'm speaking as if her sister is on borrowed time, which I definitely don't know for sure and I hope that isn't the case. I'm also assuming that Neelu and her sister are on otherwise good terms, and that her presence would be welcome at the hospital.

I'm also putting aside the fact that I do not think Neelu should be anywhere near an unresponsive medical patient without heavy supervision. The next thing you know, there'd be essential oils in the IV drip and crystals jammed into the plug sockets.

Basically, the more I think of it, ignore my previous post entirely.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

SteveUK wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:02 pm Neelu has plumbed new depths. Whilst its terrible about her sister being rather ill, she's now encouraging her supporters to call the hospital demanding
that dolly Chaudhari be given antibiotics and alternative cancer treatment of www.oasisofhope.com as per her wishes stated by her for hyperthermia and ozone after IV antibiotics at queens hospital in romford ITU bed 12
If Dolly wants to go to an expensive and highly dubious Cancer Quack Clinic in Tijuana, Mexico then she has every right to do so, assuming she can exercise informed consent. And Neelu can go with her to supervise the treatment, as a leading expert forensic pharmacologist she will get a white coat for sure. While Dolly is resting, Neelu can enjoy the variety of shouting at Mexican cops and minor officials, serving them with notices and arresting them etc.

That's all fine with me, I don't see any problems at all. Unless they imagine the UK taxpayers should foot the bill.....
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I feel sorry for Neelu's sister and family. If even a portion of Neelu's rantings and ravings are even remotely true, they have had altogether too much sadness and tragedy in their lives. NeeIu's breakdown just being one more in a long string.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
daltontrumbno
Captain
Captain

Post by daltontrumbno »

notorial dissent wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:36 am I feel sorry for Neelu's sister and family. If even a portion of Neelu's rantings and ravings are even remotely true, they have had altogether too much sadness and tragedy in their lives. NeeIu's breakdown just being one more in a long string.
I wouldn't feel to sorry for Neelu's family, rather than encourage her to seek treatment they have exploited her illness using Neelu as an attack dog to get them out of jams, which of course has only made Neelu's mental health worse.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

If that is true then that would explain a lot, but is very very sad.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
AnOwlCalledSage

Thank goodness there is an adult in the room.
Dear Neelu

Thank you for your email.

I understand that your sister, ******* *********'s next of kin is fully aware of the treatment plan for [her], so I would politely ask that you discuss your concerns with her.

As you are not [her] next of kin I cannot comment further, other than to say that we always aim to provide the highest standard of care to all our patients and their families.

I do wish ******* a full and speedy recovery

Best wishes
[Chief Executive, BHRUH NHS Trust]
Note: I've redacted the names. Neelu has of course published them all.

UPDATE: Further proof that the evil Powers That Be's diabolical plot against Princess Neelu goes right to the top, I've just noticed that the Chief Nurse at Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals Trust has been awarded an OBE today. Top trolling Ma'am!