Rekha Patel loses her house

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

aesmith
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Rekha Patel loses her house

Post by aesmith »

Well, I was thinking if they withdrew the security that might give her enough rope to commit something serious, which could then justify more serious sanctions against her.
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

I have it from a very reliable source that Rekha and her new landlord Ken Thompson tried to stage an "Occupy" all day outside her ex-cottage yesterday, ending up in a live stream on Chrisy Morris's FB page. To "Occupy" in their language is to sit and chat with the security guards and offer them bribes to walk away. When the guards said they'd accept £10k as that's what they get paid a week, Ken and Rekha were silenced.
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

He Who Knows wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:51 am I have it from a very reliable source that Rekha and her new landlord Ken Thompson tried to stage an "Occupy" all day outside her ex-cottage yesterday, ending up in a live stream on Chrisy Morris's FB page. To "Occupy" in their language is to sit and chat with the security guards and offer them bribes to walk away. When the guards said they'd accept £10k as that's what they get paid a week, Ken and Rekha were silenced.
I wonder if she's ever given thought to who exactly is going to end up paying for all this security ?

Being a maths teacher I wonder if the reality has ever dawned on her how much it is and that she's going to end up footing the bill and it's going to be way more than the equity she at one point could have hoped to get.
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

AndyPandy wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:16 am
Being a maths teacher I wonder if the reality has ever dawned on her how much it is and that she's going to end up footing the bill and it's going to be way more than the equity she at one point could have hoped to get.
Short answer: No.

Longer answer: She clearly continues to believe that she will get the house back. Sometime. Somehow. Her tactics since she bought the cottage in 2010 have alienated neighbours, resulted in a criminal record, made her homeless, lost her virtually all her equity, probably cost her livelihood and still she persists. She has nothing left except that belief & with help from the likes of Thompson and Morris, reality must be a dim & distant memory. Sad.
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Spoiled, entitled, adolescent, totally irresponsible snowflake from what I can see.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

notorial dissent wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:19 am Spoiled, entitled, adolescent, totally irresponsible snowflake from what I can see.
Whilst I don't disagree with any of these descriptors, it still strikes me as a phenomenal waste of time, effort & money on her part to very little result.
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
notorial dissent

Wakeman52 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:52 am
notorial dissent wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:19 am Spoiled, entitled, adolescent, totally irresponsible snowflake from what I can see.
Whilst I don't disagree with any of these descriptors, it still strikes me as a phenomenal waste of time, effort & money on her part to very little result.
Oh, NO disagreement there. I am pretty much come to the conclusion she hasn't got a lick of sense to her name, self centered and self destructive.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

When the guards said they'd accept £10k as that's what they get paid a week, Ken and Rekha were silenced.
Wow. They are dumb.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

He Who Knows wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:51 am I have it from a very reliable source that Rekha and her new landlord Ken Thompson tried to stage an "Occupy" all day outside her ex-cottage yesterday, ending up in a live stream on Chrisy Morris's FB page.
Oh, i've pieced it all together now. Chrissy was just acquitted of interfering with a bailiff. Which Rekha and Ken took to mean they could then immediately reclaim the house. I'd bet money that's why they went back today, and why Chrissy was acting so smug (even by his lofty standards).

Talk about :beatinghorse:

But I guess we can expect more reclamation attempts in the near future.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

I'm still waiting for confirmation that the Stamp Duty was paid by Ken when he bought the place.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
notorial dissent

is the tax based on sale price or actual value?
Aegis
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by Aegis »

notorial dissent wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:21 pm is the tax based on sale price or actual value?
As it's not an "at arms' length" transaction, almost certainly the Stamp Duty would be calculated on the value of the property rather than the sale price.
longdog

Post by longdog »

notorial dissent wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:21 pm is the tax based on sale price or actual value?
It's actual sale price in theory but then there's this which I believe would apply as the house was 'sold' to a 'company' with which RP was involved...

If you transfer land or property to or from a company

When property is transferred to a company, SDLT may be payable on its market value, not the consideration given. For example, if a property has a market value of £200,000 but the company only pays a consideration of £100,000, SDLT will still be payable on £200,000.

This applies in either of the following situations, the:

person who transfers the property is ‘connected’ with the company - the definition of a connected person covers relatives and people who’ve some involvement with the company

company pays for the property with shares in the company (partly or wholly) to the person making the transfer, where that person is connected to the company (but not necessarily the acquiring company)
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/sdlt-transf ... r-property
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
notorial dissent

If that is correct, then several people could be in for a really rude surprise down the road when they get hit for the tax due.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

I think the stamp duty stuff is moot. Was it not the case that the purported sale or sales was ruled a sham in a later court hearing. It certainly does not seem to be anything that the vendors of the house are concerning themselves about.

I don't have the time now to trawl back to the details.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Siegfried Shrink wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:35 am I think the stamp duty stuff is moot. Was it not the case that the purported sale or sales was ruled a sham in a later court hearing. It certainly does not seem to be anything that the vendors of the house are concerning themselves about.
Yes, there was a Chancery Court hearing, after which the house was put up for sale and the lands registry updated to remove Tunkashila Limited. Rekha's famous sale for 2 quid was ruled moot, because the house wasn't hers to sell.
notorial dissent

So is the registry now showing he removal?
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

The most recent post on the Land Registry:
AndyPandy wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:18 pm The last time I looked at the Land Registry entry a couple of months ago it was frozen at a date in February 2017, normally the entry says it's correct to the current date and time you accessed it, which said to me it had been frozen by order of Court whilst they sorted out her shenanigans with registering a Company as owner.

The neighbours Insurance Company were still listed as having a charge against the property along with Tunkashila Limited.

Haven't looked at it recently though.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

TheNewSaint wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:04 am
Siegfried Shrink wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:35 am I think the stamp duty stuff is moot. Was it not the case that the purported sale or sales was ruled a sham in a later court hearing. It certainly does not seem to be anything that the vendors of the house are concerning themselves about.
Yes, there was a Chancery Court hearing, after which the house was put up for sale and the lands registry updated to remove Tunkashila Limited. Rekha's famous sale for 2 quid was ruled moot, because the house wasn't hers to sell.
IIRC the judge very carefully avoided any possible 3 card monte type owned-by-this-company-this-week technicalities by ordering it to be sold with no mention of the owner. Given someone somewhere has a court order saying sell it, the onus would fall on the persons claiming ownership to prove otherwise, which, of course, would involve going to court.
Now I don't believe the stamp duty to be moot in one respect, the company's accounts. Because either they will show they don't own the property or they will show they do own the property but they haven't paid the Stamp Duty. Oh dear. Good job they have a few months to come up with a plausible story.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:23 pm Now I don't believe the stamp duty to be moot in one respect, the company's accounts. Because either they will show they don't own the property or they will show they do own the property but they haven't paid the Stamp Duty. Oh dear. Good job they have a few months to come up with a plausible story.
Let's have a look (at beta.companieshouse.gov.uk):

The accounts for Tunkashila Ltd (to 31 December 2017) are due to be filed by 13 September this year. One of the directors is Ken Thompson (Peter McDowell has resigned his office) and the other Tunkashila Group Holdings Ltd. That company's only director is, yes, Peter McDowell, and first accounts need to be submitted by October next year.

The registered offices are at https://www.yourcompanyformations.co.uk ... e-address/ , effectively a poste-restante, a service costing GBP28pa / director. Wonder who's stumped that up?

IMHO, no formal accounts will ever be submitted, as preparing them to an acceptable standard would take both money and answers to awkward questions. These shells will be eventually struck off by either the (admittedly slow) due process that Companies House operates for non-filing or by the parties themselves. See Rekha Patel Ltd, dissolved at the request of her 'highness' earlier this month.