UK - Tom Crawford Calls For Help

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Normal Wisdom
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: UK - Tom Crawford Calls For Help

Post by Normal Wisdom »

Jeffrey wrote:
B&B missold endownment mortgages - they know they did too judging by the amount of money they set aside to cover claims
I may be wrong here but I don't think this is an instance of predatory lending. I can imagine a hypothetical where an unscrupulous bank goes out giving endowment mortgages then 25 years later starts repossessing all the houses. But in this case we know that when Tom took out the EM, it has an endowment policy attached. It was his wife that cancelled that policy. Which triggered the bank to contact them to warn them about the situation 16 years before they would lose the house. The bank had no obligation to warn them.

Edit: I didn't see you were quoting a post, ignore me.
The stupid thing is that if Tom (or rather his wife) hadn't stopped paying the EP premiums in 1991 they might have had a claim against B&B for a miss old endowment policy a few years later.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

MrCrazee23 wrote:Its because I posted this...

http://www.filedropper.com/lettertotom230574

They can't handle the truth and they probably can't handle whats about to happen...
You gave him good, kind advice. Sadly I don't think he's going to understand that until he's out on the street with a hastily-packed suitcase. Welcome to Quatloos.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

Hercule Parrot wrote:You gave him good, kind advice. Sadly I don't think he's going to understand that until he's out on the street with a hastily-packed suitcase. Welcome to Quatloos.
I am past caring to be honest and am quite looking forward to the Battle of 3 Fern Close. Maybe the goofers can "take it" just like they did at the Battle for NottinghamIsland roundabout before the enemy arrive to retake it. 5 star idiot General Roger Hayes and company should be able to engage and arrest a few bailiffs no problem.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
MrCrazee23 wrote:Its because I posted this...

http://www.filedropper.com/lettertotom230574

They can't handle the truth and they probably can't handle whats about to happen...
You gave him good, kind advice. Sadly I don't think he's going to understand that until he's out on the street with a hastily-packed suitcase. Welcome to Quatloos.
I don't think it's a case of not being able to handle the truth, it's more a case of being incapable of recognising what it is. Also welcome. I think it's too late now for Tom to be able to do anything, even if a crowdfunding campaign were launched it would take too long to come to fruition before the bank repossessed.

Tom's been given plenty of chances and had ample opportunity to try and put this right, each time he's failed to take them and instead dug himself in deeper. He can only blame himself when he suffers the consequences of his choices.
Warning may contain traces of nut
midjit-gems
Captain
Captain

Post by midjit-gems »

They just refuse to listen to anything other than adoration and congratulations, if you aren't with them youre obviously against themost and as such you're a troll, and a shill not to mention thick and stupid.

I said once the judgement was out and the abuse started they would alienate themselves from everyone, and they are.
I call it as I see it
I speak my mind
I don't hold back
IDIOT

Post by IDIOT »

Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

midjit-gems wrote:They just refuse to listen to anything other than adoration and congratulations, if you aren't with them youre obviously against themost and as such you're a troll, and a shill not to mention thick and stupid.

I said once the judgement was out and the abuse started they would alienate themselves from everyone, and they are.
This is all true but I also think that Tom is naturally ignorant and pig headed. No doubt some would think it would be a complement to describe him as a "proud man" but I think that pride or ego coupled with his financial illiteracy has been his downfall.

At least as long ago as 1999, he jumped to the wrong conclusion about B&B and his mortgage and stubbornly refused to seek proper advice or support and has remained of the same entirely wrong opinion ever since. This was all long before GOODF, Guy and Mr Ebert appeared on the scene.

His children demonstrate the same trait stubbornly supporting their father without understanding what he has done and apparently never questioning whether he might be in the wrong. They think they are helping him.

I'd still be fascinated to know about Mrs Crawford's involvement. The evidence is that she made all the running with B&B, making the payments of the EP premiums and contacting them to discuss the mortgage. I am starting to think that perhaps she didn't know any more than Tom and that any conversations she had with B&B were totally at cross purposes. B&B assumed that she wanted to change to a repayment mortgage but actually she had no real clue just that "something needed to be sorted out" and this simply set up the misunderstandings that were to follow.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

I am looking back on this headline published PUBLISHED: 14:48, 24 July 2014 and wondering how many of these "strangers" would actually supported Crawford had they known how devious Crawford was? Or had they known who was the driving force behind his campaign? And what kind of people they were all being manipulated by?
It’s A Wonderful Life! Heartwarming moment 200 strangers joined forces to stop cancer sufferer, 63, being evicted by bank after he lost battle over mortgage payments
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ments.html
fat frank

Post by fat frank »

perhaps they are like a lot of people, they just wanted the house, signed for it and didn't understand what they actually sign, and didn't care,
fat frank

Post by fat frank »

wanglepin wrote:I am looking back on this headline published PUBLISHED: 14:48, 24 July 2014 and wondering how many of these "strangers" would actually supported Crawford had they known how devious Crawford was? Or had they known who was the driving force behind his campaign? And what kind of people they were all being manipulated by?
It’s A Wonderful Life! Heartwarming moment 200 strangers joined forces to stop cancer sufferer, 63, being evicted by bank after he lost battle over mortgage payments
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ments.html

not that many looking at the fallout, plus you never seem more than 20 at any other repo,
Bones

Post by Bones »

I find it strange that not a single goofer has questioned why the tom and were threads are locked.

The censorship and lack of free speech being shown in goofer land, given their beliefs, this is sheer hypocrisy, yet ceylon has all the goofer so well trained (thinking more trained seals than dolphins) that not a single one has dare questioned what has occurred.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

Bones wrote:I find it strange that not a single goofer has questioned why the tom and were threads are locked.
How do you know they haven't? If a post appeared asking the question, it might be swiftly culled.

At first, I thought perhaps the sub-forums became locked when a moderator pressed the wrong button. Now I suspect a deeper reason. Perhaps the moderators were bored with culling off-dogma posts.
Bones

Post by Bones »

littleFred wrote:
Bones wrote:I find it strange that not a single goofer has questioned why the tom and were threads are locked.
How do you know they haven't? If a post appeared asking the question, it might be swiftly culled.
Very true LF. I don't watch it that closely to have seen.
littleFred wrote:At first, I thought perhaps the sub-forums became locked when a moderator pressed the wrong button. Now I suspect a deeper reason. Perhaps the moderators were bored with culling off-dogma posts.
I wonder if Jon and Mark are having a lovers tiff, over the direction goodf has been heading recently
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

Bones wrote: I wonder if Jon and Mark are having a lovers tiff, over the direction goodf has been heading recently
Direction - it’s drifting like a crewless ship on a open sea since Mark Haining Ceylon proved himself and Tom Crawford to be an utter and total lying berk`s. Sycophant Salli has been unbelievably quiet. That might be down to her making herself sound totally unbalanced after all the fawning and bum slurping over the Ceylon`s "VERDICT Explained BOOOOOM!!!!" videos and Liz Watson “verdict” on the Crawford case.
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

The censorship and lack of free speech being shown in goofer land, given their beliefs, this is sheer hypocrisy, yet ceylon has all the goofer so well trained (thinking more trained seals than dolphins) that not a single one has dare questioned what has occurred.
Maybe it is a temporary measure to calm things down
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

letissier14 wrote:Maybe it is a temporary measure to calm things down
Locking a thread is only one step away from taking it down altogether. But they won't take it down because that would show these liars to be trying to put the both sad and sorry saga`s behind them in an attempt to wash their dirty hands of the mess that they helped to create.Thing is, you can't was your hands in muddy water.
I am just wondering if this is also to enable them to avoid putting up any videos of Tom Crawford eviction? :thinking:
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

There would be nothing to stop them putting up a new video under a different heading in the forum.

I do think it is just to bring some calm to the forum
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

letissier14 wrote:There would be nothing to stop them putting up a new video under a different heading in the forum.

I do think it is just to bring some calm to the forum
Possibly, but we can see just how effective Jon's appeal for "calm and common sense" turned out to be!

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... Wg98-s2_zI
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

Normal Wisdom wrote:
Possibly, but we can see just how effective Jon's appeal for "calm and common sense" turned out to be!

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... Wg98-s2_zI
Hence why he probably locked the Tom & weRe posts!
Bones

Post by Bones »

letissier14 wrote:

Maybe it is a temporary measure to calm things down
I do mean this with no disrespect. However, if Jon really wanted to calm things down and really wanted to appeal for common sense, he should firstly address Ceylon's posts, video's and his banning of anyone that does not agree with him.

Ceylon causes a lot of the problems on GOODF. Look at the fallout from his judgement explained video's - he has made everyone involved a laughing stock.

Jon should ban Ceylon with his multiple accounts for a week and see how much things calm down.

Just why ceylon posts from different accounts within moments is very strange. If a post comes from ceylon does if have less weight than a post from srilankac ?

Is Cpt.Kirk on goodf his son by any chance ?