Practical Lawful Dissent FMOTL antics, continued...

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

aesmith
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Practical Lawful Dissent FMOTL antics, continued...

Post by aesmith »

Is this Facebook group now hidden or something? I know it had it's name changed a couple of time recently, but now seems to have disappeared. Doesn't turn up when searching for "Practical" under Groups, and a link in the Common Law Court discussion recently just takes me to a page that says "Sorry, this content isn't available at the moment".

The posted link was ..
https://www.facebook.com/groups/practicallawfuldissent/
longdog

Post by longdog »

Have you been banned from the group for posting other than according to the party line? If you have you probably can't see it and you'll need to use a different account.

It's still there.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Weird. I can see it if I'm not logged in. I'm not a member and haven't posted, so not sure why I should be black listed. Even if banned, shouldn't the group still be listed?
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

aesmith wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:14 pm Weird. I can see it if I'm not logged in. I'm not a member and haven't posted, so not sure why I should be black listed. Even if banned, shouldn't the group still be listed?
You're a paid shill, or freemason, or both.
Auto ban.

Don't forget when Dismal was notified of the existence of Q, we are seditious & of course Peeeederphilez.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

It's still there, albeit only when logged out. I guess dismal Dave has had a clear out. A total waste of time as logging out takes all of 0.001 seconds.

Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

That sounds like a bit of an idiotic function on Facebook. What's the point in being able to set a group so it's not visible to a logged in user, which would prevent anyone joining the group?
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Maybe Dave was right, TPTB really were out to get him!! 1!!

:sarcasmon:
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

aesmith wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:15 am That sounds like a bit of an idiotic function on Facebook. What's the point in being able to set a group so it's not visible to a logged in user, which would prevent anyone joining the group?
I can see the page when I'm logged in.
longdog

Post by longdog »

So can I on most of my accounts but not on the banned Primula account.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
The Seventh String

Post by The Seventh String »

aesmith wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:15 am That sounds like a bit of an idiotic function on Facebook. What's the point in being able to set a group so it's not visible to a logged in user, which would prevent anyone joining the group?
It enables someone to set up a private group, they can then use admin functions to give access to the people they want to have access.

A lot of such groups are based round extended families, groups of ‘real world’ friends and so on. Others might be political and not want to drown in trolls requesting membership or copying the content to web sites. No doubt there are some with more nefarious intent as well.
The Seventh String

Post by The Seventh String »

Burnaby49 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:33 am Wetherspoons didn't exist either but I don't see them having any difficulty frequenting it.
If the best they can manage is Wetherspoons I actually feel a bit sorry for them.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

The Seventh String wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:52 am
It enables someone to set up a private group, they can then use admin functions to give access to the people they want to have access.

A lot of such groups are based round extended families, groups of ‘real world’ friends and so on. Others might be political and not want to drown in trolls requesting membership or copying the content to web sites. No doubt there are some with more nefarious intent as well.
I created one secret group which is just for family members to share old photographs.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Surely you wouldn't want a "secret group" to be completely accessible to anyone, so long as they don't log in. I'm only a trivial Facebook user but that seems bonkers to me. Also if it's "secret", why would the group be labelled as "Public Group - anyone can find the group, and see who's in it and what they post"
HardyW
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by HardyW »

What has been said above is that the group is public, so anyone can view it (not necessarily post?) but if a group admin BANNZ a facebook user then that user, while logged-in, can't view and of course can't post. Of course it's not possible for FB to detect that a non-logged-in visitor is in fact a BANNED user.
longdog

Post by longdog »

From the Council Tax is Unlawful spin-off group...
James Barker

This is where Councils have benefit claimants by the short & curly's & confirms my belief that they are using the low paid & vulnerable as "Cash Cows", soon as you fill in any Housing Benefit form, you have given them your agreement to send any particulars of your Housing Benefit claim including occupants of your property that live with you to the Council Tax department, giving them free reign to bill whoever they like.

Errrr.... You apply for housing benefit through the council you numpty.

Another git quite happy to take benefits but unwilling to pay his taxes.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

longdog wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:30 am From the Council Tax is Unlawful spin-off group...
James Barker

This is where Councils have benefit claimants by the short & curly's & confirms my belief that they are using the low paid & vulnerable as "Cash Cows", soon as you fill in any Housing Benefit form, you have given them your agreement to send any particulars of your Housing Benefit claim including occupants of your property that live with you to the Council Tax department, giving them free reign to bill whoever they like.

Errrr.... You apply for housing benefit through the council you numpty.

Another git quite happy to take benefits but unwilling to pay his taxes.
He’s other options are-
A) Don’t claim benefits
B) Gain employement or go into eduction
C) Move to a desert island
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

longdog wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:30 am Errrr.... You apply for housing benefit through the council you numpty.
Not always. I guess you can technically still apply directly, but it is more normal to apply via a Universal Credit claim which will also assess your eligibility for other credits. You only need to contact the council for council tax reduction eligibility.

However, the National Fraud Initiative has sweeping powers under Part 6 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 and does not require the consent of the individuals concerned under current data protection law, so it matters not whether he agrees or not.

Then there is also the Housing Benefit Matching Service run by the DWP.

And council data held by individual departments such as revenues and benefits, council tax, housing, insurance, creditors and payroll may be cross-referenced with records held internally or by credit reference agencies, housing associations, Government departments, other local authorities and enforcement agencies. All done legally under the DPA without requiring subject permission.

Finally there's the HMRC real time information system which automatically feeds company payroll data into the DWP, so they probably know you've been paid before you do.

I don't have this visceral problem that some have with benefit claimers or people avoiding tax. I'm claiming UC right now. I'm avoiding tax by having a job that pays below the annual tax threshold so my income tax deduction last month was zero. I've avoided tax in the past, by paying into a private pension scheme. But I do have a problem with people who think the rules don't apply to them but still want to benefit from those rules and cheat the system.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

Proof that Magnum Charter does work. Lazurus got off a littering fine for dropping a butt end.
VICTORY!!! so u all know i got a fpn for £100 for throwing a roll up butt down at barnsley train station car park and been putting 3 agents on notice. just had a letter from south yorkshire magistrates (non) court......."Notification of withdrawn offences".........i call that a win. on the water company process,the old bill amount seems to have disappeared and i have orbit bailiffs saying i may get taken to court an get a ccj for the £131.15 not paid. so i await an invite to court and will start a new process at whichever agent makes demands. if the 4 letter process is done properly it works. lose the fear an stay strong. (pic in comments when this is posted).....
I suspect the reality is he refused an on the spot FPN & they couldn't be arsed to take it all the way.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Perhaps Chris, perhaps. However, it might also be because theyre not interested in pld garbage.

I'm always amazed they think the government is some how onto them and MI5 will be rocking up anytime soon.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

If you are ignored by pretty much everyone, it may be some comfort to think mysterious powers consider you worthy of notice.