Peter of England: A REal guru.

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

rumpelstilzchen
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Peter of England: A REal guru.

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:Does anyone have any info on what Peter drives? I suspect it is a small campervan, 1 or 2 berth, van conversion type thing but I would appreciate more info.
Peter posted this video in 2013:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jboD8yw-ZJU
The reg number can be clearly seen. H725 ANJ. That number relates to a Talbot Express. Of course it is possible that Peter has managed to upgrade his van since then but a quick check with DVLA reveals that the road tax has been due since 1st May 2013 and the MoT expired on 13th May 2013 so that probably indicates H725 ANJ is still Peter's mode of transport.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:The reg number can be clearly seen. H725 ANJ. That number relates to a Talbot Express. Of course it is possible that Peter has managed to upgrade his van since then but a quick check with DVLA reveals that the road tax has been due since 1st May 2013 and the MoT expired on 13th May 2013 so that probably indicates H725 ANJ is still Peter's mode of transport.
Hmm, one of the later, early Talbot Express models, probably from late 1990. I hope Peter has a driving licence and insurance since he's travelling in commerce these days. Linked to that video there is a video where the van is shown as having "Peter of England" plates. :haha:
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Bones

Post by Bones »

mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

In response to my enquiry this morning I just received the following email.
The only knowledge we have at the pub about this meeting is when we started getting messages stating that the company involved is being investigated for fraud. The meeting is not at our venue, as far as we have worked out it is actually at the town hall.

Alex House
Bar Manager and Co-Events Organiser
The King Arthur

Hmmmm ... the Town Hall does indeed have halls for hire. The cost of renting for 'meetings, seminars' is substantially lower than for 'commercial activities' - for example, £66 as opposed to £215 for the small hall. If the meeting is, in fact, being held at the town hall, I wonder how it has been presented to the council?

Of course, a bill from a local authority for the hire of a hall is a 'public debt' and so could be discharged by a WeRe cheque!
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear ... this poor, misguided woman is under the misapprehension that, instead of relieving her of her worthless pictures of the Queen, PoE is actually going to give her money to offset the cost of her travelling from the Isles of Scilly.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Maybe he's appearing on one of the smaller festival stages, that would be a hard act to follow.

His camper, from seeing a video shot in it though not much vehicle shown, looks like a common coach built job rather than a van conversion. It did appear to have "Peter of England" written in the lower left corner of the rear window though.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Here's a tour of his ancestral home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM8ezUT48Ik

I wonder who the lucky lady was.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that PoE is no longer recommending driving without proper registration plates and has retired the van to France. Who knows, truth and fantasy appear as one to these people.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:Does anyone have any info on what Peter drives?
Does he drive in the UK? He often says on video that he doesn't, but travels by train. He has said recently he has a campervan in France, and he drives it with proper number plates, insurance and so on.

I seem to recall, but could be wrong, Peter saying the van with "Peter of England" plates was confiscated and he never got it back.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Elddis 320 Autoquest coachbuilt then. If it has gone to France that would explain the lack of tax and MOT in the UK, which, as has been said, I tend to recall some story as related above about it going to France.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Bones

Post by Bones »

Looks like the someone is upset :haha:

Losleones

Post by Losleones »

Not sure when this video of Peter & the sniggering Karen was posted but the shithouse on wheels looks the same to me (check the wing mirrors) & if anyone can provide the relevant info as to whether this conveyance was insured for commercial purposes????1?????
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

Here it is sorry, diverted during post.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tK5cQ69Qt ... s_nThwE%3D
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

That's the problem with long threads: eventually they go round in circles.

He was found guilty of four motoring offences in 2012. See COURT UPDATE FROM 10/10/12 "PETER SMITH" Trial - Wrong Name !!, and many other videos around that date.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

mufc1959 wrote:Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear ... this poor, misguided woman is under the misapprehension that, instead of relieving her of her worthless pictures of the Queen, PoE is actually going to give her money to offset the cost of her travelling from the Isles of Scilly.
It reads more that she and those others who live in her community based on the Isle of Scilly would be interested in a magic cheque book that would let them visit the mainland for £10 a month, rather than the £98 ferry costs. She seems to think, like everyone else sucked in by this scam, that the cheques are real and actually work. In that respect she's no different to any other poor sucker who's fallen for this scam (albeit probably likely to have lost the money as a result of trying to follow Petey and likely also to wind up facing a degree of embarrassment in her small local community when it is made clear that she's fallen for a pretty obvious con).
Warning may contain traces of nut
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Yes, Peanut, you're right, I misread it. Either way, the woman is likely to be disappointed.

It's still unclear if the meeting's on.
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

PeanutGallery wrote:
mufc1959 wrote:Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear ... this poor, misguided woman is under the misapprehension that, instead of relieving her of her worthless pictures of the Queen, PoE is actually going to give her money to offset the cost of her travelling from the Isles of Scilly.
It reads more that she and those others who live in her community based on the Isle of Scilly would be interested in a magic cheque book that would let them visit the mainland for £10 a month, rather than the £98 ferry costs. She seems to think, like everyone else sucked in by this scam, that the cheques are real and actually work. In that respect she's no different to any other poor sucker who's fallen for this scam (albeit probably likely to have lost the money as a result of trying to follow Petey and likely also to wind up facing a degree of embarrassment in her small local community when it is made clear that she's fallen for a pretty obvious con).
This has to be a piss take unless it's Sycophant SalliNae over on goofy. I wouldn't even make such a journey if it were paid for, all inclusive in a 5 star deluxe hotel. But then again, Jimmy one cell for example, will resort to great lengths to further dig themselves in deeper. A true Re Movement die hard sucker who can muster up the sterling to swell Pete's swag bag but unable to obtain the funds for the return trip home. Wait a minute..... you will be using public services so you can therefore present a WeRe cheque to all public transportation on your journey back to the Isle of scilliness.

:snicker:
Hyrion

Post by Hyrion »

longdog wrote:I'd like to see a utility company cut off the supply to a ReMember and say "Well we put the electricity in at our end so now it's up to you to find it".
... or see one try stuffing a WeRe cheque into the payment slot of a pay-as-you-go meter.

:lol:
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

mufc1959 wrote:Yes, Peanut, you're right, I misread it. Either way, the woman is likely to be disappointed.

It's still unclear if the meeting's on.
Based on what she said I would say that she is also likely to disappoint the many people she's tried to sell this scam to back home on the isles.

I am wondering just what is going to happen at the King Arthur, I wish I could be there to watch. I imagine the fallout if the meeting either doesn't happen or is somehow disrupted will be damaging to Peters reputation among the greater stupid, although they will probably blame Peter's failings on the powers that be or of course us.
Warning may contain traces of nut
guilty

Post by guilty »

It is being suggested that the meeting is on at the town hall. Someone will be at the King Arthur to redirect attendees.
That'll be the town hall owned by one of the Councils who are being sent WeRe cheques for Council Tax?
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:I can see what is going to happen here. Peter will be trying to hold the meeting in his campervan in the pub car park. However, I suggest the King Arthur won't need pre-warning as the chances of anyone being allowed to park a campervan in a pub car park in the middle of the Glastonbury Festival is nil. I would also suspect that Glasto is a busy time for clamping companies. Does anyone have any info on what Peter drives? I suspect it is a small campervan, 1 or 2 berth, van conversion type thing but I would appreciate more info.
Edit: Google maps would indicate that the pub doesn't have it's own car park, so that modifies my theory a bit.
I believe the farce will take place & perhaps as suggested from Pete's van in some car park nearby. Pete will not pass up an opportunity to trouser more notes from his marks. If suckers are willing to travel from overseas i can see a decent turnout forming an orderly queue excitedly clutching their brown envelopes of cash in eager anticipation for free services.