Practical Lawful Dissent FMOTL antics, continued...

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

hucknallred
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Practical Lawful Dissent FMOTL antics, continued...

Post by hucknallred »

Jacquie Phoenix shared a post.
21 November at 14:36
David Robinson has already shown us that it is possible to seize stand in a room in a very large building boring everyone senseless before the caretaker had to go home using Article 61
Fixed it.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

What can I say ..
Chris Lloyd
Hi.
Does anybody know of any lawful way I can challenge a government official or bank official to a dual, (with pistols, swords or fists) if I believe they have or are doing me wrong ?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/practic ... 600107561/
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Sadly...
Court refuses trial by combat
By David Sapsted 12:01AM GMT 16 Dec 2002
A court has rejected a 60-year-old man's attempt to invoke the ancient right to trial by combat, rather than pay a £25 fine for a minor motoring offence.

Leon Humphreys remained adamant yesterday that his right to fight a champion nominated by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) was still valid under European human rights legislation. He said it would have been a "reasonable" way to settle the matter.

Magistrates sitting at Bury St Edmunds on Friday had disagreed and instead of accepting his offer to take on a clerk from Swansea with "samurai swords, Ghurka knives or heavy hammers", fined him £200 with £100 costs.

Humphreys, an unemployed mechanic, was taken to court after refusing to pay the original £25 fixed penalty for failing to notify the DVLA that his Suzuki motorcycle was off the road.

After entering a not guilty plea, he threw down his unconventional challenge. Humphreys, from Bury St Edmunds, said: "I was willing to fight a champion put up by the DVLA, but it would have been a fight to the death."
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

aesmith wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:49 pm What can I say ..
Chris Lloyd
Hi.
Does anybody know of any lawful way I can challenge a government official or bank official to a dual, (with pistols, swords or fists) if I believe they have or are doing me wrong ?
You can say, “Yes. Turn up dressed as Clint Eastwood at noon, with 2 Smith an Wesson’s and see how far that gets you”.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I 'm still trying to figure out where in European Human Rights legislation it says anything of the kind. He doesn't seem to have provided any cites for that it seems. A flail would be appropriate so someone could beat him about the head and shoulders and maybe introduce a little sense in to his life as he certainly needs it.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

If I didn't know better, I'd say that the Mad Baron inspired this latest nonsense.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
morrand

Post by morrand »

aesmith wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:49 pm What can I say ..
Chris Lloyd
Hi.
A very quick BaiLII search turns up a recommendation from a couple of decades ago to abolish the laws forbidding a challenge to fight, along with other "ancient laws." Assuming this was done, I suppose it would be legal to challenge a government official or bank official (or anyone else) to a "dual," regardless of the weapon.

However, as to actually going through with it, that would be duelling, and I would direct my correspondent to the case of R v Gnango, [2010] EWCA Crim 1691, in which Mr Justice Thomas states:
[72] It has been long established that a person who killed another in a duel was guilty of murder as were both seconds (R v Taverner (1619) 1 Ro Rep 360) and R v Rice (1803) 3 East 581). In R v Young (1838) 8 C&P 644, it was held that, if in a duel a person was killed, the seconds of both parties and anyone present at a duel who encouraged it were guilty of murder by aiding and abetting. As it was succinctly put in another duelling case (R v Cuddy (1843) 1 C & K 210) by Williams J summing up in the presence of Rolfe B:
I am bound to tell you, as a matter about which my learned brother and myself have no doubt (nor, I believe, has any other Judge any doubt about it), that, where two persons go out to fight a deliberate duel, and death ensues, all persons who are present on the occasion, encouraging or promoting that death, will be guilty of abetting the principal offender.
Mr Justice Thomas then goes on to expand (at para 73-76) on the arguments around imposing criminal liability for what happens during a duel before deciding it's all a question for another case to handle. But it's an interesting discussion, given that the law and the courts have been trying to stop duelling for several hundred years and still don't quite seem to have managed it.

So, no, I think it's safe to say you're not permitted to then go out and duel, even if issuing the challenge is technically legal.
---
Morrand
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Post by jcolvin2 »

It is possible that challenging someone to a duel might be viewed as tantamount to attempted murder?
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Excellent, that all means that duelling is a crime under Common Law.
CrankyBoomer
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by CrankyBoomer »

It so happened that not so long ago I found some of the late Martin Fido's "Murder After Midnight" series on YouTube. I used to like listening to them some years ago when I lived in London. Why do I mention that - well I listened to one about the Thornton v Ashford case (about 1818) and the opportunity for trial by battle was removed by statute after that case. I'll link the Wikipedia page; my understanding is that Wikipedia is more reliable now than it used to be though a real life acquaintance who believes Richard III was a lovely man and has been served ill by the historical narrative says the Wikipedia on said king changes a lot. Anyway, Wikipedia link for Thornton v Ashford. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashford_v_Thornton
Last edited by Arthur Rubin on Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
longdog

Post by longdog »

JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

The Observer wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:22 pm If I didn't know better, I'd say that the Mad Baron inspired this latest nonsense.
The Mad Baron was brought down by one of Gregg's regulars known as Slobbery.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

The last official duel in Scotland was a businessman against a banker.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

Absolutely howling at this one, how do I use Magna Carta to stop my duty free been taxed :snicker:
Hi David,
Could you please give me advice as I have had a Border force letter. About my duty free was seized & I want it returned to me.
They are saying I will be summoned to appear in court if they find me guilty I have to pay not less than £2,500
My Husband has a letter the same.
This is for
1 X 10 Amber Leaf
2 X Gordon’s Dry Gin
They seized but we was allowed to keep our aftershave / Perfume
Please could you PM or give me advice much appreciated
June.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3886056 ... 304649491/

I want my Gin, David!!!
longdog

Post by longdog »

I guessing she's not mentioning the fags and booze that was within the limit that she was allowed to keep.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

Possibly serial offenders, it is uncommon for such trivial amounts to have any worse consequences than pay up or lose it. It may just be a wind up.
JohnPCapitalist
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

Hi David,
Could you please give me advice as I have had a Border force letter. About my duty free was seized & I want it returned to me.
They are saying I will be summoned to appear in court if they find me guilty I have to pay not less than £2,500
My Husband has a letter the same.
This is for
1 X 10 Amber Leaf
2 X Gordon’s Dry Gin
They seized but we was allowed to keep our aftershave / Perfume
Please could you PM or give me advice much appreciated
June.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3886056 ... 304649491/
My favorite reply is the comment with advice copied and pasted straight from American sovcit crazy:
Send the Notice of conditional acceptance, then notice of default opportunity to cure, then notice of default and then Misprision of treason. I have used them successfully against court bailiffs. They are basically accusing you of intending to sell them and they have no evidence, people usually just cave in and that is what they are banking on.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

The people wanting the court to appoint a champion for them to fight a duel with should be careful what they ask for. Taken seriously, the Court could find, say, the guy who won the last Army Marksman Match for pistols and end up dead over a traffic ticket.

I'd pay to see the You-Tube of that, though.

Just saying....
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
MiddlesexFinn
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by MiddlesexFinn »

It seems one of the many anti-Semites of the far-left has joined PLD:
https://mobile.twitter.com/GnasherJew/s ... 6550855680
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

MiddlesexFinn wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:49 pm It seems one of the many anti-Semites of the far-left has joined PLD:
https://mobile.twitter.com/GnasherJew/s ... 6550855680
They have to go somewhere, and PLD has always been such a warm and welcoming place for the socially and education/literacy/history/integrity/morally/compassion challenged.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.