UK - Neelu Berry opens my eyes

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

TheNewSaint
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: UK - Neelu Berry opens my eyes

Post by TheNewSaint »

Philsilkstone wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:38 pm That is a seriously long sentence for stalking!!!
I am confident although very serious she will win a substantial sentence reduction on Appeal
Why do you think that? She's shown no remorse whatsoever. If anything, she has doubled down on her position that she "believes the children." That's why she got such a long sentence in the first place.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

TheNewSaint wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:45 pm
Philsilkstone wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:38 pm That is a seriously long sentence for stalking!!!
I am confident although very serious she will win a substantial sentence reduction on Appeal
Why do you think that? She's shown no remorse whatsoever. If anything, she has doubled down on her position that she "believes the children." That's why she got such a long sentence in the first place.
She got the maximum possible as she was in defiance of a Court Order, she was on Police Bail whilst committing a further offence, she pleaded not guilty as well as showing absolutely zero remorse for her offending and the damage she had inflicted.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Stalking has a maximum sentence of 10 years. She was convicted of 4 stalking offences for which she got 8 years each concurrent. The extra year was for breaching 6 restraining orders (added consecutively as 1 year concurrent). We don't normally have consecutive sentences in the UK but in theory using how potential sentences are reported in the US she could have got 52 years (10+10+10+10+2+2+2+2+2+2). Her actual sentence was 12 years, but the judge reduced it by three because of the defendant's age.

Yes, she has every right to appeal, and I wouldn't be surprised it was reduced slightly (I expected 6 years from the sentencing guidelines) BUT what is missing from the Hoaxtead summary is the verbatim transcript of the first sentencing hearing. El Coyote couldn't make it to take shorthand, so the record that day is from one person making notes and what I can remember to fill in the gaps. Even now undocumented snippets of the hearing pop into my head.

She showed no remorse. Sat with her eyes closed during the victim impact statements, yet was wide eyed and bushy tailed when it was her lawyer speaking.

What moved her from a mid-range stalking sentence, I believe, was the judge determining that she had ultra high culpability for several reasons. She stated that "she still believed the children" which indicated that she would never let up her campaign. She feigned being a naive computer user and then an expert depending on what suited her defence argument, and what I think was the clincher: she obtained the police videos that she published whilst acting as a McKenzie friend for the mother. This is in law a position of trust. There were also emails from the mother urging her to return/delete the videos. She published them anyway and then moved on to viciously stalking additional families.

Sabine and Neelu narrowly escaped being jailed when the CPS decided to prosecute them for conspiracy. That is notoriously hard to prove to a criminal standard. If they had both been originally prosecuted separately for harassment then there's a good chance that Neelu would today only be a minor character on Quatloos.
Last edited by AnOwlCalledSage on Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
longdog

Post by longdog »

AndyPandy wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:12 pm ...she pleaded not guilty as well as showing absolutely zero remorse for her offending and the damage she had inflicted.
To be perhaps a tad more long-winded what she actually did was plead not guilty and then effectively admit to doing what she was accused of doing whilst simultaneous claiming to be both remorseful and justified in her actions... "I still believe the children". Added to this she then went on to claim expertise in the electronic interwebs and simultaneously adopted a 'I don't understand these things I'm just a poor old lady" attitude in the dock.

It would be hard to conceive of any defence against criminal charges more guaranteed to both fail with the jury and piss the judge off into a 'throwing the book' sentence.

If she had made even a vague attempt to save herself with genuine, or even genuine imitation contrition, she might just have scraped a time served and a suspended sentence but she didn't. She dragged the families through a court case when she was clearly as guilty as sin and not in the least bit sorry for the shit she had dragged and continued to drag the families through.

She never stood a chance of an aquittal and I actually commend the defence team for doing as well as they did with the materials they had to work with. This trial was only really ever going to be about the punishment and its outcome should appear in future legal textbook as the finest example of how to achieve the worst result possible.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
longdog

Post by longdog »

The latest news is that Belinda McKenzie has been convicted of contempt and sentence to six months suspended for two years.

No details as yet but there's inevitably going to be an order against further promoting of Hampstead Hoax nonsense.

ETA:... Ah... Here we go...

"She also signed a written undertaking for life that she would not publish anything about the Hampstead matter, either online or off, and that she would remove all material currently posted online about the subject."

Nice.

https://hoaxteadresearch.wordpress.com/ ... -of-court/
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
AnOwlCalledSage

longdog wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:48 pm Nice.
Must be squeaky bum time for Neelu!

"Knock knock."
"Who's there?"
"Sgt. Bertie."
"Sgt. Bertie who?"
"This is not the time for jokes. You have the right to remain silent…"
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

An undertaking that she's bound to break and go straight to jail. Let's start the bets on how long it takes.
longdog

Post by longdog »

SteveUK wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:16 pm An undertaking that she's bound to break and go straight to jail. Let's start the bets on how long it takes.
Oh... I don't know...

I suspect the waiting for the Sabine trial to end and then seeing her crucified by the judge may actually have bought her to her senses.

Clearly she was shitting herself and I can well believe her blood pressure was through the roof... If I were in her position mine would've been too. I doubt her six for two sentence will have had much effect on her on its own, it's pretty much the a slap on the wrists for a contempt charge, but Sabine's nine years is a pretty good deterrent for all but the most delusional loon.

Speaking of delusional loons I see Neelu is doubling down on the conspiracy. I have an ever growing hope that she's going to talk herself into similar charges to Sabine. There's already enough evidence for a breach of the injunction it just needs somebody to act.
AnOwlCalledSage

longdog wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:35 pm Speaking of delusional loons I see Neelu is doubling down on the conspiracy.
My impression was that SteveUK was talking about Neelu cracking.

Although Neelu has sailed close to the wind she has been uncharacteristically careful after her last interview under caution. That cannot last. I think she will crack within the next month.

What has come out of the case is that Neelu's posts are being monitored and reported to the police. After Sabine's conviction, one false move and she's eating porridge for a couple of years.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:37 pm
longdog wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:35 pm Speaking of delusional loons I see Neelu is doubling down on the conspiracy.
My impression was that SteveUK was talking about Neelu cracking.

Although Neelu has sailed close to the wind she has been uncharacteristically careful after her last interview under caution. That cannot last. I think she will crack within the next month.

What has come out of the case is that Neelu's posts are being monitored and reported to the police. After Sabine's conviction, one false move and she's eating porridge for a couple of years.
It was Belinda. My logic being that when you've been into the scam for that long, it's perhaps hard to switch off. Especially the older you are.

1bn REs says 8 months until she's back in front of the beak.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I don't know as I would characterize this as a scam so much as a deeply seated/rooted group delusion that they appear to pathologically believe. Doesn't make ANY of them less culpable for the damage they have done. You can believe that some people have been replaced by reptile aliens and that is not a problem, BUT when you start going around threatening to or lopping off heads, that IS A PROBLEM and a crime.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

Mrs Power Disney, who fled moved to the Republic of Ireland is also a candidate for repercussions from the Hampstead mess.
notorial dissent

Siegfried Shrink wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:21 pm Mrs Power Disney, who fled moved to the Republic of Ireland is also a candidate for repercussions from the Hampstead mess.
As well she should be.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

notorial dissent wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:08 pm I don't know as I would characterize this as a scam so much as a deeply seated/rooted group delusion that they appear to pathologically believe. Doesn't make ANY of them less culpable for the damage they have done. You can believe that some people have been replaced by reptile aliens and that is not a problem, BUT when you start going around threatening to or lopping off heads, that IS A PROBLEM and a crime.
Perhaps I should re word it. Its a scam in the sense the parents made up all this abuse bullshit and pulled feeble minded oaps in. A pedo PoE if you will :mrgreen:
longdog

Post by longdog »

The dopey bat actually thinks the PM has the power to release convicted criminals including Melanie "don't mention the arson attacks" Shaw.
PUBLIC DEMAND 20 AUG 2018
To PRIME MINISTER THERESA MAY
RELEASE CHILD PROTECTORS
1. SABINE MCNEILL FROM REMAND IN HM BRONZEFIELD
2. MELANIE SHAW FROM REMAND FROM VARIOUS PRISONS
AND RETURN THE HOME OF BABY PROTECTOR NEELU BERRY
WITHIN 48 HOURS
OR RESIGN
And then while discussing B McK's sentence...
Ved Chaudhari

yep...I know of a worse case of Ashok Mahajan, who flicked an empty plastic cup of water at a racist female barrister in court 37 and was sent to jail for life - she screamed and pretended it was an acid attack on her face
Only that's not entirely accurate...
Ashok Mahajan, 55, showered a barrister, solicitor and pupil with the contents of a bottle of hydrochloric acid after his race discrimination claim was thrown out.

Trainee barrister Lucy Colter suffered a burned eye as corrosive fluid dribbled down her face and melted through her tights.

Former accountant Mahajan had a decade-long history of courtroom outbursts including an incident where he threw a shoe at one barrister and threatened to shoot him.

Mahajan was handed an indefinite period of imprisonment for the public protection after reports indicated he posed a high risk of serious harm to members of the legal profession.

He was convicted of attempting to cause grievous bodily harm with intent following a three week trial earlier this year.

Judge Nicholas Lorraine-Smith branded Mahajan the most difficult defendant he had ever dealt with.

Sentencing at Southwark Crown Court the judge told him: "I have had extensive dealings with you, Mr Mahajan, over the last six months, and I have no doubt whatsoever that there is a very significant risk of serious injury being caused by you committing further specified offences.

"I don't consider this offence warrants a life sentence, but the sort of revenge that you tried to take last October and the increasing intensity of your obsessional hatred of lawyers and now others who have to deal with you in a professionally persuades me that I must pass a sentence of imprisonment for the public protection, which means that you will not be released until it is safe to do so.

"This was an attempt to cause grievous bodily harm to members of the legal profession, simply because they were carrying out their professional duty."

The judge ordered that Mahajan will not be assessed for parole for a minimum of five years the equivalent of a 10 year determinate sentence.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews ... wyers.html
It also seems she's been on to the parole board asking how she goes about getting people parole.
0203 880 0809 waste of time talking to the parole board - unable to provide laws and policies under which they operate, he says minimum 4 years sentence for parole board to be involved so David Noakes is 15 months he will be out in 7.5 months - asked why Melanie Shaw is still in there 2.5 years after a 2 year sentence? could not explain why she did not come out after 1 year - they do not record calls, so no reviews of service standards, would not let me speak to CEO or Chair, could not explain how to apply to get whistleblowers like Sabine McNell & David Noakes out who should not have gone in in the first place - says they need to see a lawyer or appeal - have a go???
There really is no beginning to her knowledge of how the legal system works. I get the impression she thinks people will be released shortly after conviction if some random crank phones up and say "Can you give Patrick 'Mad-Dog' O'Bloodbath parole please. I don't think he's such a bad lad other than those murders and the nun-rapes and the orphanage he burned down."
notorial dissent

SteveUK wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:44 pm
notorial dissent wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:08 pm I don't know as I would characterize this as a scam so much as a deeply seated/rooted group delusion that they appear to pathologically believe. Doesn't make ANY of them less culpable for the damage they have done. You can believe that some people have been replaced by reptile aliens and that is not a problem, BUT when you start going around threatening to or lopping off heads, that IS A PROBLEM and a crime.
Perhaps I should re word it. Its a scam in the sense the parents made up all this abuse bullshit and pulled feeble minded oaps in. A pedo PoE if you will :mrgreen:
I quite agree, the one(s) who started this were (nasty/vile)scammers plain and simple. It's Sabine and crew who are the dangerously delusional ones. They actually believe it and hold on to it with their last breath and bit of strength, in spite of all the evidence and reality to the contrary.
notorial dissent

She does seem to miss the bit about them having to have a sentence of 4+ years in order to even be eligible for a hearing, and no matter how bad your math skills, 15 months or 2 years does not 4+ make, so not eligible.....
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

longdog wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:23 pm The dopey bat actually thinks the PM has the power to release convicted criminals including Melanie "don't mention the arson attacks" Shaw.
PUBLIC DEMAND 20 AUG 2018
To PRIME MINISTER THERESA MAY
RELEASE CHILD PROTECTORS
1. SABINE MCNEILL FROM REMAND IN HM BRONZEFIELD
2. MELANIE SHAW FROM REMAND FROM VARIOUS PRISONS
AND RETURN THE HOME OF BABY PROTECTOR NEELU BERRY
WITHIN 48 HOURS
OR RESIGN
Given the state of UK politics right now, I wouldn't wholly exclude the possibility of Teresa May appearing outside Downing Street to announce that she has received Neelu's ultimatum, and after taking legal advice she recognises her duty to comply and stand down immediately. Sorry about that, good luck with the Brexit thing, I'm off to deal with my shame on a tropical beach....
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
TheRambler

Post by TheRambler »

Neelu does seem to have modified the tone and content of her more recent social media postings. The fact that she legged it from Southwark Crown Court at the start of Sabine’s trial might indicate that she realised it was a higher stakes game than normal. How right she proved to be! That’s not to say that she is not still a Grade A copper bottomed Fruit Loop, but maybe a bit of the self preservation instinct has kicked in and made her a bit more careful.

I have seen this kind of reaction before in FMOTL adherents. A few weeks on remand left their beliefs intact but was sufficient incentive to modify their behaviour to avoid having to more spend time with ordinary decent criminals.

TheRambler