Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Peter of England: A REal guru.

Post by longdog »

Skeleton wrote:
longdog wrote:
Council Tax for the old timers who have long ago emigrated replaced the old rates system, the occupier as mentioned above is responsible for paying it, but unlike the old rates system every adult over the age of 18 is liable for Council tax, so the amount you pay depends on the number of adults you have in the house.
Not really. Every occupier over the age of 18 is jointly and severally liable to pay the tax, so the council can go after one person or all of them but it's not based on the number of occupiers except in so far as there is a 25% reduction for single occupancy.

One person pays 75%, two people or more pay 100% between them not each.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

longdog wrote:
Skeleton wrote:
longdog wrote:
Council Tax for the old timers who have long ago emigrated replaced the old rates system, the occupier as mentioned above is responsible for paying it, but unlike the old rates system every adult over the age of 18 is liable for Council tax, so the amount you pay depends on the number of adults you have in the house.
Not really. Every occupier over the age of 18 is jointly and severally liable to pay the tax, so the council can go after one person or all of them but it's not based on the number of occupiers except in so far as there is a 25% reduction for single occupancy.

One person pays 75%, two people or more pay 100% between them not each.
Yes i know, I didnt want to over complicate it. The basic premise i was making is that everyone is liable for Council Tax unlike the old rates system which was a property tax. My apologies I should have it explained it a little more clearly.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

mufc1959 wrote:...

of all the services, but not pay for them. Personally, I wish it would work for them so that their bins aren't emptied, they aren't allowed to use the library or the local swimming pool or leisure centre, nothing is done if their neighbours are dumping rubbish on their land, and if their house is on fire it's left to burn down.
A bit like the old days they carp on about when an outlaw was not so much a masked hero who took from the rich to give to the poor but someone who was left without the protection of the law until they came to answer to the courts.

It's a shame they don't spend a little more time reading up about what life was like before our admittedly imperfect system made life a whole lot more pleasant for everyone. Even idiots who can't understand what's going on around them.
Last edited by YiamCross on Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

PeanutGallery wrote:
YiamCross wrote:Bones! At last! Recognition! That is you poking a tentacle out of the box, isn't it?

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... bksbvlVhBc
Is that meant to be funny, because I don't see the joke, then again maybe I'm not as a hip a cat as watsonsdog.
Bones was complaining about not getting a mention for his efforts in discrediting PoE, the Crawfords, Cac & mak, etc. So I thought it quite amusing that the only entity in the "portrait" appears to be a small sea monster waving a tentacle from the box in the hands of the grinning chap at the front. So he kind of doesn't get any recognition even in this attempt at mockery....

Really, you had to be there, it loses so much in the telling.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

I didn't mean your comment, I meant the meme itself. I don't see what the joke is.
Warning may contain traces of nut
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

PeanutGallery wrote:I didn't mean your comment, I meant the meme itself. I don't see what the joke is.
OH, right. No, I don't either. Which somehow makes it all the more funny.
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

PeanutGallery wrote:I didn't mean your comment, I meant the meme itself. I don't see what the joke is.
I also failed to make sense of it as i do with most garbage posted there. I wonder when the WeRe bank forum will be locked alongside goofers? Peter will shut it down soon enough now he's on the run & claim TBTB are to blame & rant on about the evil banksters, Rosthchild & aliens bollox.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

Losleones wrote:
I also failed to make sense of it as i do with most garbage posted there. I wonder when the WeRe bank forum will be locked alongside goofers? Peter will shut it down soon enough now he's on the run & claim TBTB are to blame & rant on about the evil banksters, Rosthchild & aliens bollox.
When are they going to realise not only has he taken their money, he's actually made their debt situation worse, threats of legal action for fraud, council tax DD's being withdraw (it's only 4 months into the financial year) so demands for outstanding balances will be huge, debts now acknowledged so no chance they will be statute barred for another 6 years, late payment charges, defaults - it's car crash !
guilty

Post by guilty »

Peter's last message on his FB page was 'Molon Labe'.
This could be roughly translated as 'Come and get me!'
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

guilty wrote:Peter's last message on his FB page was 'Molon Labe'.
I've said it before and I hope to say it again.

"Top o' the world, ma, top o' the world!!! "

Thank god he never made it as a song and dance man.
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

It means "come and take them" in Greek. In Peters world I think it was a rallying cry, and given the date it was published i think it is probably the first day he was interviewed by the Police and this was his "call to arms." Some i think would have understood it hence the cryptic relies.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Sorry, been a while since I watched that.

Should have quoted-

"Made it ma! Top of the world!"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjVWORC3Wcc
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

PeanutGallery wrote:
longdog wrote:Council = Local government.
I think over your way you refer to them as municipal taxes.
Our equivalent is called the property tax because the amount is based on the value of your property. Because of this people using about the same services might have entirely different tax rates. It is assessed annually on the registered owner of the property by the municipality (in my case Burnaby) and seems to cover approximately the same services as your council tax.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

So to be absolutely clear, it would be the equivalent down here of municipal/city property taxes and is based on a percentage of the home value?
FN75
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by FN75 »

mufc1959 wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote: The GOOFYs want to have the benefit of all the services, but not pay for them. Personally, I wish it would work for them so that their bins aren't emptied, they aren't allowed to use the library or the local swimming pool or leisure centre, nothing is done if their neighbours are dumping rubbish on their land, and if their house is on fire it's left to burn down.
What scares me is that I suspect some of them quite genuinely wouldn't care and would just carry on living in the burnt-out slum of their own creation.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Jeffrey wrote:So to be absolutely clear, it would be the equivalent down here of municipal/city property taxes and is based on a percentage of the home value?
That's as near correct as makes no difference.

The actual value of the properties is entirely nominal but the bands reflect the relative values so it is a largely progressive tax similar to the old 'rates' system.

It was introduced after the per-head flat rate 'community charge,' or 'Poll Tax' as everybody called it, introduced by the Thatcher <spit> government which only lasted a few years due to it's massive levels of resistance and non-payment. That's to say nothing of the riots in London which scared the shit out of the government and led to Thatcher being ousted... So it wasn't all bad :mrgreen:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Skeleton wrote:
It means "come and take them" in Greek. In Peters world I think it was a rallying cry, and given the date it was published i think it is probably the first day he was interviewed by the Police and this was his "call to arms." Some i think would have understood it hence the cryptic relies.
It's the challenge made by King Leonidas who led the 300 Spartans against the advancing Persian army at the Battle of Thermopylae. While the 300 were pretty much slaughtered to the man they did manage to inflict very serious losses on the Persians and held them until other Greek forces were able to mount a better defence.

I believe Peter has used it to try and issue a challenge to a larger authority (the police or "powers that be"). But I doubt Peter has used it with the full understanding of what actually happened to the 300, they died, they were defiant but ultimately they died.
Warning may contain traces of nut
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

It's the challenge made by King Leonidas who led the 300 Spartans against the advancing Persian army at the Battle of Thermopylae.
Correct, it was Leonidas' response to the Persians' demand that the Spartans lay down their weapons. It's a slogan popular with some of the more militant gun-rights people in the United States (about whom I will say no more in order to avoid offending the Quatloos policy against political debates).
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

PeanutGallery wrote:
Skeleton wrote:
It's the challenge made by King Leonidas who led the 300 Spartans against the advancing Persian army at the Battle of Thermopylae. While the 300 were pretty much slaughtered to the man they did manage to inflict very serious losses on the Persians and held them until other Greek forces were able to mount a better defence.

I believe Peter has used it to try and issue a challenge to a larger authority (the police or "powers that be"). But I doubt Peter has used it with the full understanding of what actually happened to the 300, they died, they were defiant but ultimately they died.
They already got BertiBert, so perhaps PoE is next?
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Hyrion

Post by Hyrion »

PeanutGallery wrote:It's the challenge made by King Leonidas who led the 300 Spartans against the advancing Persian army at the Battle of Thermopylae. While the 300 were pretty much slaughtered to the man they did manage to inflict very serious losses on the Persians and held them until other Greek forces were able to mount a better defence.

PoE also apparently doesn't understand the difference between a real General doing what's right and a would-be general picking his battles inappropriately.

The Spartans were a strongly trained combat unit - PoE's got..... well some of them might have training in combat on video games - perhaps the rare one was part of an actual trained army unit of some type.

The Spartans - knowing they would loose to the last man - choose their battleground carefully in order to better control the flow of battle while also knowing their prime objective was to buy time while the much larger force formed.

PoE - well.... I seriously doubt he's buying time while a much larger force forms. While they like to claim "most of society is fed up with governments and banks" I suspect the reality is much more "most of society is fed up with the freeloader movement". As for his selected battlefields - while he might have control in stirring up his little group he won't have much control of anything else.

PoE - a general with absolutely no training or experience of either real leadership or combat strategies/tactics. And what little exp he does get, apparently no learning ability to take advantage of that so he no longer throws his troops into the meat grinder without gain.