Michael (of Bernicia) Waugh, UK bankster-buster

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Siegfried Shrink
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Michael (of Bernicia) Waugh, UK bankster-buster

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

We don't know it was a flop, just guessing based on track record a this time.

Someone will break ranks soon. May be they are all still giddy with joy?
MaritalArtist
First Mate
First Mate

Post by MaritalArtist »

Footloose52 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:33 pm
Burnaby49 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:14 pm Years of dedicated hard work to expose a criminal industry denying all you English free houses and he couldn't get even a dozen paid admissions? Even after that heart-felt plea from Amanda?
I'm sorry but I have to say Amanda must have put everyone off by asking them to bare with her. Going to the cinema is bad enough for some but to be asked to strip as well .....
At least she could keep her onsie on.
That's right, The Mascara Snake, fast and bulbous! Also, a tin teardrop!
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

If it had been a rousing success let alone came off to begin with I should think they would have been crowing it from the house tops, and yet crickets.....
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

I suspect all these cancelled showings have alienated whatever puny audience existed for this movie. That and offering it on DVD.

Come to think of it, I wonder if he actually printed any DVDs, or if he has to get 500 orders first.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

hucknallred wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:45 pm
JimUk1 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:53 pm He’s so full of shit, it wasn’t even listed on Savoy Cinemas Nottingham’s bill.
This will be because the Cinema on demand thing he uses will be down as a private hire - for the 49 seater Screen 4 I suspect.
With the radio silence over the premiere I strongly suspect he didn't get 25% of tickets sold to secure it.

Fair point, and I may ring the cinema to see if he has even enquired in the past.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Sorry, I've been busy with other stuff.

I suppose the TGBMS juggernaut has now shattered the glass illusions upon which the banksters have built their empire of ill-gotten gains, at the expense of many millions of ordinary, hard-working people? How many of the banks have collapsed now, can anyone remember?
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
MaritalArtist
First Mate
First Mate

Post by MaritalArtist »

I notice the Amazon entry is exempted from ratings. I wonder why :whistle:
It also has a 5-star review even though it's not due for release till 26th November.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

MaritalArtist wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:46 pm I notice the Amazon entry is exempted from ratings. I wonder why :whistle:
Quite normal, From the BBFC:
Under the Video Recordings Act 1984 the BBFC assigns age ratings to all video works supplied in the United Kingdom unless they fall into one of the two exempt areas:

[*] works which, taken as a whole, are designed to inform, educate or instruct;
[*] works which, taken as a whole, are concerned with sport, religion or music;
It is the distributor who has to make the decision whether to submit a film. Trading Standards can seize items they believe shouldn't be exempt, and then it is down to a court to decide. Whilst we're of the opinion that it is designed to mislead, dumb down and destruct, it's unlikely that a court would decide it shouldn't be exempt.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

TheNewSaint wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:44 pm I suspect all these cancelled showings have alienated whatever puny audience existed for this movie. That and offering it on DVD.

Come to think of it, I wonder if he actually printed any DVDs, or if he has to get 500 orders first.
He could just be printing the DVDs as ordered on his own computer. He bought a 12 pack of blank discs, and has 10 left.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Gregg wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:21 am He could just be printing the DVDs as ordered on his own computer. He bought a 12 pack of blank discs, and has 10 left.
You know what a pack of blank DVDs costs? Like, 5 or 6 pounds! Michael O'Bernicia isn't going to front that kind of money without 100% proof he'll be able to recoup it.
MaritalArtist
First Mate
First Mate

Post by MaritalArtist »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:03 pm
MaritalArtist wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:46 pm I notice the Amazon entry is exempted from ratings. I wonder why :whistle:
Quite normal, From the BBFC:
Under the Video Recordings Act 1984 the BBFC assigns age ratings to all video works supplied in the United Kingdom unless they fall into one of the two exempt areas:

[*] works which, taken as a whole, are designed to inform, educate or instruct;
[*] works which, taken as a whole, are concerned with sport, religion or music;
It is the distributor who has to make the decision whether to submit a film. Trading Standards can seize items they believe shouldn't be exempt, and then it is down to a court to decide. Whilst we're of the opinion that it is designed to mislead, dumb down and destruct, it's unlikely that a court would decide it shouldn't be exempt.
Oh, I thought it meant customer ratings. Thanks for clearing that up.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

MaritalArtist wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:46 pm It also has a 5-star review even though it's not due for release till 26th November.
If that's true, other people can give it 1-star reviews.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

TheNewSaint wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:35 pm If that's true, other people can give it 1-star reviews.
:whistle:
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

TheNewSaint wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:35 pmIf that's true, other people can give it 1-star reviews.
I always think its a failing that you can't give zero star for a review. I remember that when I tried to leave a review for an iphone app that simply didn't work at all.
SoLongCeylon

Post by SoLongCeylon »

From the Facebook page of O'Bonkers:

If as many people who have pre-ordered the TGBMS DVD, had booked tickets to see the film in a UK cinema, every screening on sale in 24 towns and cities would have sold out this week.

However, there is no cause for concern, as A-FP's Cinema-on-Demand platform will continue to sell tickets for screenings in every location, until such time that enough tickets are sold to confirm the dates and venues.

Those who attended the premiere of the film in Nottingham last Saturday will attest to the fact that seeing it in a room full of people from disparate backgrounds, united in their opposition to the crimes of the banksters, is both an inspiring and exhilarating experience.

Most importantly, those who experience the film in a cinema have the opportunity to enlist void mortgagors for the planned mass applications to cancel every fraudulent mortgage in the charges register; the grounds for which are laid out in the film.

By far the best way to see the film at a cinema near you as soon as possible is to get thirty people together and block-book the screening. In return, you will receive two free tickets, a limited edition TGBMS T shirt and a copy of the DVD.

Translation : An unknown number of people attended the Nottingham screening. If it had been packed out, there would be much more publicity about it. And, the whole thing is running out of steam as there is not enough demand to run the screenings throughout these islands or internationally.
SoLongCeylon

Post by SoLongCeylon »

More from Facebook

The Great British Mortgage Swindle' has been given as 12 rating for its UK release. This means that the last opportunity to censor or ban the film has now passed.

How ironic that on the day we received this news, I also received an email from LinkedIn, informing me that somebody at JP Morgan Chase & Co did a search for my name from the company account.

Given that it is plainly obvious that they're not about to offer me a job or make me an offer I couldn't refuse, its reasonable to deduce that news of TGBMS's release has reached the inner sanctum of the banking cartel, members of which stand accused of institutionalized mortgage fraud in the film.

This emphatically suggests that critical mass for TGBMS will occur on the day it screens within the Square Mile, when the audience will include an array of public figures who are already committed to our cause.

In other words, my friends, first they laughed at us, then they ignored us, then they fought us and now we win.

That's it JP Morgan, keep encouraging him
SoLongCeylon

Post by SoLongCeylon »

Reaction to the Amazon rating:

There are two reviews on the page; one 5 star review by somebody who has actually seen the film, the other a 1 star review from somebody who we suspect to be a troll who hasn't seen it. We would therefore be most grateful if everybody who saw the film last Saturday who has an Amazon subscription could review the film to help us repair the rating.
SoLongCeylon

Post by SoLongCeylon »

SoLongCeylon wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:04 pm Reaction to the Amazon rating:

There are two reviews on the page; one 5 star review by somebody who has actually seen the film, the other a 1 star review from somebody who we suspect to be a troll who hasn't seen it. We would therefore be most grateful if everybody who saw the film last Saturday who has an Amazon subscription could review the film to help us repair the rating.
None of them have twigged who Betty C is. What sheltered lives they must live.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

I thought Miss C Had been Southern Fried years ago. Seems I was as wrong as the premise this silly film advances.
Those who attended the premiere of the film in Nottingham last Saturday will attest to the fact that seeing it in a room full of people from disparate backgrounds, united in their opposition to the crimes of the banksters, is both an inspiring and exhilarating experience.
I suspect that the words inspiring and exhilarating have some special meaning here, something like depressing and boring with overtones of a voice saying "Wrong" in a gloomy manner about every point the film tries to make. I suspect that the word 'full' may have some alternative meaning here as well.

The insuperable disadvantage this film suffers from is being stuff and nonsense, but not funny. What is it about borrowing some money and paying it back that these folk find so hard to understand?
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

It would seem Amazon reviews differ somewhat from Yootooob & Facebook in that the 2 Michaels can't delete them or reply to them. You also don't have to have made a purchase to leave a review.

Just saying :whistle: