The Crawfords Keep Looking For A Unicorn

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

freeman_in_the_air
Tourist to Quatloosia
Tourist to Quatloosia

Re: The Crawfords Keep Looking For A Unicorn

Post by freeman_in_the_air »

I have not even seen anything from that guy that used to run get out of debt free in a long time.
Do you mean Mark "Ceylon" Haining with the ponytail? He is alive and posting regular rants on youtube, usually accusing people of being child molesters. In his most recent rant he accuses various people by name. It is only a matter of time before someone who has been accused is alerted and they do something about the slander:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYOX3t9017Y

As for Tom Crawford, I was just watching a clip from his eviction in which you see his Black Mondeo pull up in front of the police blockade. I noticed his registration number was EF54 LLX so I checked and it is not taxed or insured and the MoT expired in June 2016 so if he still owns it perhaps he cannot afford to run it now?
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

freeman_in_the_air wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:48 pm As for Tom Crawford, I was just watching a clip from his eviction in which you see his Black Mondeo pull up in front of the police blockade. I noticed his registration number was EF54 LLX so I checked and it is not taxed or insured and the MoT expired in June 2016 so if he still owns it perhaps he cannot afford to run it now?
I checked the car a few months back and noticed the same. I suspect it has succumbed to an "uneconomic to repair" Mondeo type fault like clutch or injector rather than Tom is still running it illegally, especially when half of Nottingham constabulary know who he is. (For those in the colonies playing along, Mondeo = Contour.)
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:09 am
freeman_in_the_air wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:48 pm As for Tom Crawford, I was just watching a clip from his eviction in which you see his Black Mondeo pull up in front of the police blockade. I noticed his registration number was EF54 LLX so I checked and it is not taxed or insured and the MoT expired in June 2016 so if he still owns it perhaps he cannot afford to run it now?
I checked the car a few months back and noticed the same. I suspect it has succumbed to an "uneconomic to repair" Mondeo type fault like clutch or injector rather than Tom is still running it illegally, especially when half of Nottingham constabulary know who he is. (For those in the colonies playing along, Mondeo = Contour.)
Contour is the Mercury version, most Americans would be more familiar with the Fusion, same platform.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Gregg wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:41 pm Contour is the Mercury version, most Americans would be more familiar with the Fusion, same platform.
I know it as a Contour from Eric the Car Guy and a SovCit failure to stop video(IIRC). Fusion in the UK is a different car altogether.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Chaos
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Chaos »

Gregg wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:41 pm
ArthurWankspittle wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:09 am
Contour is the Mercury version, most Americans would be more familiar with the Fusion, same platform.
mercury = ford with lockwashers
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Chaos wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:27 pm mercury = ford with lockwashers
Ah, no. Although the Lincolns and Fords that share platforms are undoubtedly visually similar and a Lincoln looks like a fancy Ford, the fact is there are a lot of differences that aren't obvious unless you know what they are and the very much contribute to a better car. For instance, a Lincoln transmission is a different version that is internally balanced and drives smoother, Lincolns typically have more sophisticated suspension components and the engines are diffferent, again the difference is balance. That's just the powertrain, which is of course the thing I know the most about, but it comes down to putting extra care and attention into the model specific parts making them the best quality of what is built. Its subtle, but its very real.
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

It would be real if anyone bought Lincolns and Fords anymore.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Burnaby49 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:13 am It would be real if anyone bought Lincolns and Fords anymore.
Hey there, some of us do still buy them, and I have 2 Fords (and a Subaru) in my fleet. and both are great. One has a Lincoln version (MkT), but the Ford (Flex) is better styled in my mind. The other has no Lincoln Equal as of yet, although when it first came out in the 60's there was a Mercury Cougar version which was a more luxurious version of the Ford mustang. It is a bit of a shame though, that Ford is leaving the car business, only keeping the Mustang. As for Lincoln. the Continental looks great, shame it isn't selling though, and the Navigator is selling like hot cakes, and I think is the best looking Large SUV out there.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

Gregg wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:28 am
Ah, no. Although the Lincolns and Fords that share platforms are undoubtedly visually similar and a Lincoln looks like a fancy Ford, the fact is there are a lot of differences that aren't obvious unless you know what they are and the very much contribute to a better car. For instance, a Lincoln transmission is a different version that is internally balanced and drives smoother, Lincolns typically have more sophisticated suspension components and the engines are diffferent, again the difference is balance. That's just the powertrain, which is of course the thing I know the most about, but it comes down to putting extra care and attention into the model specific parts making them the best quality of what is built. Its subtle, but its very real.
so, mercury = ford with lockwashers and balance? :D
you don't know about this joke in ford dealership shops? I heard it 30 years ago.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

As for Lincoln. the Continental looks great, shame it isn't selling though, and the Navigator is selling like hot cakes, and I think is the best looking Large SUV out there.
I have to concede that one. I recently read an article about sales of large SUV's in Canada and the Navigator was doing very well, even against Japanese competition. We have a Toyota RAV4. Fantastic car. We've had it 10 years and the only issues have been tire replacements the standard maintenance.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Chaos wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:35 pm
you don't know about this joke in ford dealership shops? I heard it 30 years ago.

You do know I work for Ford, yes?
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

If you kindly tell me how to lock our rental mustang, I'd be most grateful. 8 pages on how to lock the doors, not one method seems to be using the padlock button on the Fob. Happy days.
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

The old key in pocket, touch the handle trick. Bonus points if you can easily extract the metal key from inside that keyfob, and can figure out how to use it to open your car, when your battery dies.

The sensor locks are great, but sometimes I have to lock my car several times. I tap the handle to lock, but I am not sure it locked, so I go to test it, by trying to open the door, however touching the handle again with key in pocket unlocks it. Then I have to lock it again. I can't figure out an easy way to lock it, and check it is locked, without either unlocking it or throwing my keys down away from the car.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

Try a door handle that does not have a sensor like the back door or trunk lid.
MaritalArtist
First Mate
First Mate

Post by MaritalArtist »

You know you're irrelevant when a forum about you is filled with car comments!
That's right, The Mascara Snake, fast and bulbous! Also, a tin teardrop!
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

Gregg wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:39 pm

yes, yes I do.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

NYGman wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:03 pm The old key in pocket, touch the handle trick. Bonus points if you can easily extract the metal key from inside that keyfob, and can figure out how to use it to open your car, when your battery dies.

The sensor locks are great, but sometimes I have to lock my car several times. I tap the handle to lock, but I am not sure it locked, so I go to test it, by trying to open the door, however touching the handle again with key in pocket unlocks it. Then I have to lock it again. I can't figure out an easy way to lock it, and check it is locked, without either unlocking it or throwing my keys down away from the car.
I hit the lock button, hear a small click, lights flash red. But then it opens when I try. Thank god its a hire and insured. Next challenge, fill with gas.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

MaritalArtist wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:59 pm You know you're irrelevant when a forum about you is filled with car comments!
An excellent observation!! 1!!
longdog

Post by longdog »

I've always been a Ford man myself. My souped up 2.9 XR4x4 was the best car I've ever owned or driven by a significant margin.

DEATH TO GENERAL MOTORS!!!!
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

Chaos wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:24 pm
Gregg wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:39 pm

yes, yes I do.
in fact, I need to unload a 429CJ cam, aluminum valve covers, and a set of 1970 351c closed chamber 4bbl head if ya know someone. :D