The comedy court of Common Law

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: The comedy court of Common Law

Post by longdog »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:45 pm
NedSeagoon wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:22 pm IF (that's a big 'if') this is genuine then just reading it all is exhausting.
This does strike me as being quite bogus. It fails at the first hurdle. If he does have "plates" on the car from an official plate manufacturer, then whilst he may be found guilty of various breaches of the law and penalised as a result, someone else is losing their livelihood!
I'm not sure there's any law against making "number plates" that couldn't possibly be mistaken for a real numberplate like "FREEMAN" or "COMMON LAW". But I could be wrong.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
NedSeagoon
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by NedSeagoon »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:45 pm If he does have "plates" on the car from an official plate manufacturer
So-called 'show plates' are easily obtained from t'internet, usually sold with the caveat that they are not for road use.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I 'm fairly sure that having some majik plates made up and putting them on the car is perfectly legal, AS LONG as they don't try to replace the legal official plates that are required to be on the car. Having majik plates isn't the issue it's using them in place of real plates that is.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

notorial dissent wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:53 am I 'm fairly sure that having some majik plates made up and putting them on the car is perfectly legal, AS LONG as they don't try to replace the legal official plates that are required to be on the car. Having majik plates isn't the issue it's using them in place of real plates that is.
Don't think you can display more than one plate to avoid confusion. Even if you have the real legal one on the car, I suspect you could be prosecuted for a second one. Whether likely to happen is a different issue.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

Depending on where this CLCer lives & they don't travel far, it's quite plausible they'd get away with it for a while.
Once you get out of the main towns & cities you get places in the UK that the rozzers don't venture into unless called. Even then they won't be pinging number plates.
Tevildo
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Tevildo »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:20 am Don't think you can display more than one plate to avoid confusion. Even if you have the real legal one on the car, I suspect you could be prosecuted for a second one. Whether likely to happen is a different issue.
There isn't anything specifically in the legislation (Vehicle Excise and Registration Act 1994, Sections 42 and 43) to prevent that. As long as the real plate is properly formatted, installed in the right place on the car, and isn't "obscured", there are no restrictions on what else you're allowed to have on your car (well, unless it's unsafe, is a trademark violation, or otherwise couldn't be displayed in public). If there's any case law on the matter, I'm sure we'd all find it useful.

EDIT: "Unsafe" includes obscuring a significant part of the rear window, for anyone thinking of trying this.
ArthurWankspittle

"Construction and Use" regulations not Excise and Registration maybe? I haven't had a chance to look at them all.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Tevildo
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Tevildo »

The Construction and Use Regulations only cover the VIN plate, not the registration plate. There's also the Road Vehicles (Display of Registration Marks) Regulations 2001, but that only covers (in appropriately minute detail) the format of the plate itself and its required location on the vehicle.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

All rise!

The CLC has been doling out its judgements again, first off and in shock news they find in favour of the People in the following matter, the chief trouble causer plaintiff being Courtenay Heading, the Mad Manx Militant, he of the no documents and phoney footle plates on his car.
Common Law Courts Great Britain & International

It is hereby ordered that after a unanimous decision of the court, we order the Defendants to be removed from their existing employment positions, for crimes against the people.

It is hereby ordered that after a unanimous decision of the court, we issue an order to confirm that the Defendants are to be barred from holding any future health positions/roles in either private or public health care.

It is hereby ordered that after a unanimous decision of the court, that the Defendants should receive no financial pay-out or pension when being dismissed from their current position.

It is hereby ordered that after a unanimous decision of the court, all HPV vaccines must be ceased immediately until such times as their safety is proven to the satisfaction of the Common Law Court.

It is hereby ordered that after a unanimous decision of the court, the following conditions apply to the Defendants removal:

a. Courtenay Heading is to receive an immediate pay-out of £250,000, this to be equally shared and paid by the Defendants.

b. The Defendants are to pay all earnings (salaries, pension benefits and bonuses etc.) received since the commencement of their present employment positions into a Trust Fund under the Common Law Court jurisdiction, this Trust Fund to be used for matters of public interest pertaining to vaccines.

c. Courtenay Heading is to be reimbursed for all his costs to date plus any further ongoing costs incurred with this case.

d. The Common Law Court to be reimbursed for its costs to date and for any future costs pertaining to this case.

e. All sums due for the above will be shared equally between the Defendants as living men and women and will be paid within 14 days from the receipt of this order.
The judgement concludes, rather ominously;
In the event that these orders are not complied with, the Common Law Court may take further action against the individuals concerned, to enforce its decisions.
Well the 14 days is up tomorrow for the defendants concerned including two named individuals from the IOM holding positions of some responsibility. Now I'm just going to have a wee stab in the dark here, but no-one seems to have resigned or been dismissed without pension, no money seems to have been paid - not a bean - and the defendants don't appear to have coughed up every cent paid to them throughout their present period of employment, zero, zilch, zip, nil, nought, nothing. This despite all of the pomp, ceremony and grandeur of the CLC in full flow and the fearsome nature of its judgements. Well it is said that a hollow vessel makes the loudest sound.

More worryingly they might have to expect a visit from some of HHJ Smith's menacing Common Law goons all dressed up in their CLC finery 'taking further action''.

But on balance, probably not.

The IOM is a relatively small place, fiercely independent with its own laws and as Mr. Heading well knows, its own gaol. I think the Executive will most likely take a very dim view of one of its residents punting stupid, harassing and threatening crap like this onto the interwebby against two of its no-doubt very fine and honourable public servants, demanding £1/4m from them with menaces sit seems to me.

Tynwald, take note.

Next, to no-ones particular surprise HHJ Loraine Smith of Southwark Crown Court and his opposite number Jean-Luc "Make it so Number One" Gadaud of the Paris Appeal Court were, like, totally, utterly and errr... completely convicted once again without a single dissenting voice being heard. They too have lost all salary paid to them since July 2013 (!), are removed from office, directed to cough up £10 grand a day to David Noakes (loved him in Blue Peter) INCLUDING WEEKENDS, £20k a day to Lynda Thyer from March 2017 and to carrying on doing so until the judgement is settled i.e. forever and ever.

Boris Johnson get an order too, (Cripes!) - release Thyer - (Phwoar!!!) and comply immediately with some other irrelevant prior CLC judgement (Blimey!!). The judgement then slips in further nonsense about the veracity of the Stone of Scone (or is it scooooone?) which nullifies the reign of Her Maj, gawd bless 'er although how that snuck in is beyond me given the billing, a constitutional afterthought?

This judgement too signs off with the same no-so veiled threats to send the boys round.

With that, the court is now adjourned.

So there you have it, the benevolent face of the Common Law Criminal Justice System in all its transparent judicial function.
notorial dissent

So it's now the "Common Law Courts Great Britain & International", getting a bit above themselves and reality mayhaps.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
longdog

Post by longdog »

I wonder if anybody will be stupid enough to send that crap to the "respondents".

It would be an interesting project for a newly appointed CPS lawyer to make a "demanding money with menaces" charge stick.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Comrade Sharik
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Comrade Sharik »

Who would have guessed that Mr Heading For Trouble is an anti-vaccination crank?

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 8258629721

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDPqm__y2mY
ArthurWankspittle

exiledscouser wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:38 am The IOM is a relatively small place, fiercely independent with its own laws and as Mr. Heading well knows, its own gaol. I think the Executive will most likely take a very dim view of one of its residents punting stupid, harassing and threatening crap like this onto the interwebby against two of its no-doubt very fine and honourable public servants, demanding £1/4m from them with menaces sit seems to me.

Tynwald, take note.
Hopefully the IOM will have some old laws whereby they can strip him of his citizenship and tell him to swim to another jurisdiction.
KickahaOta

Post by KickahaOta »

exiledscouser wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:38 am In the event that these orders are not complied with, the Common Law Court may take further action against the individuals concerned, to enforce its decisions.
This is one of the rare cases in which "You and what army?" is not just a snarky retort, but a completely practical question.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

KickahaOta wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:19 pm This is one of the rare cases in which "You and what army?" is not just a snarky retort, but a completely practical question.
It took me a while to twig what LARPer meant. Live Action Role Playing. They really are stupid... and that's from someone who plays Dungeons and Dragons!
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:57 pm
KickahaOta wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:19 pm This is one of the rare cases in which "You and what army?" is not just a snarky retort, but a completely practical question.
It took me a while to twig what LARPer meant. Live Action Role Playing. They really are stupid... and that's from someone who plays Dungeons and Dragons!
I am a part-time teacher at a homeschool cooperative which, on Wednesdays, combines live-action role-playing with the teaching of wilderness survival skills; and we call it LAWS, or Live-Action Wilderness Survival. Last spring, during the test run, we used the theme of Robin Hood; but now, we are switching to the theme of Camelot, and will use some D&D concepts in constructing the base story. I will be something like Sir Pottapaug of Dana, Woodsman, and will be one of the lead teachers of outdoor skills.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
notorial dissent

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:57 pm
I will assume you are referring to the Playskool Pretend Court crowd, because yes, they really really are. Despite immense evidence to the contrary they continue to believe these morons and play along, and I 'm equally sure there are a few of them who really are dumb enough to carry through on the bailiff thing. As to the LARPers, EVERY year we have the annual Summer run to the hospital with, usually two freshman from one of the local schools, injuries from getting carried away with their "real" swords.
NedSeagoon
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by NedSeagoon »

Whenever someone mentions LARPers I remember this. "Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt!" :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Stumbled on this via a post shared on the PLD group. Uniforms? enforcement? I wonder if they're setting themselves up to be on the receiving end of some real law enforcement. On the other hand maybe it's just a fairy tale to try and squeeze money out of their members.
Iain Lee CLC Peace Service

The Common Law Court has been making great progress over the last few months and we are now happy to inform you that we have our very own enforcement team, the CLC Peace Service. Our enforcement team will be responsible for ensuring that Common Law Court orders are complied with and for protecting the living men and women under its authority and jurisdiction.

Although there has been a great interest in this, we have initially appointed and sworn in retired policemen. In addition to our initial appointments we have substantial numbers of both retired policemen/women, retired military personal and not to mention various members of the public who all wish to help.

These individuals will be representing the people and will be dressed in an appropriate uniform. The uniforms carry the Common Law Court logo and each individual has their own I.D. badge, the intention would then be to have the CLC Peace Service initially covering all parts of the UK and then if required, to spread it further.

To assist with this process, we are asking everyone who wishes to help set this up, to make a monthly donation for £1.00 or above. If every individual who has confirmed their standing with the Common Law Court were to do so, we would have the funding available to appoint substantial numbers.
https://www.facebook.com/iain.lee.18/po ... 3646072282
longdog

Post by longdog »

Complete fantasy from start to finish.