Baron David Ward

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

AnOwlCalledSage
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Baron David Ward

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

TheHallouminati wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:06 am Lol, Baron Ward still banging on about his BIG WIN back in 2013 :haha:
Pah. Only one success? I guess that makes me a bigger FTOLer than the Baron. I have advised dozens of people on how to get out of bus lane and parking fines. I'm not going to name the authority but let's just say I had some inside knowledge :wink:

They didn't publicise it but their policy was to blanket refuse any appeal through their formal processes, even if there was mitigating evidence and good grounds for appeal. The normal success rate appealing against a local authority fine with the independent adjudicator was about 67% but it was 90% for mine (presumably as a result of not weeding out their dodgy ticketing at an a earlier stage). I should add I did have some quality control and would tell someone when they were bang to rights and to pay up.

If you game the scenario even with an authority that doesn't have dodgy practices, it is always worth appealing and if you are prepared to risk a doubling of the fine you will beat the system on a regular basis but it doesn't establish any sort of legal landmark :roll:

Note: Contravention code 40 is - Parked in a designated disabled person's parking place without displaying a valid disabled person's badge in the prescribed manner.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Read the bottom part of the notice. The authority hasn't got enough staff. So they've dropped some of the one off, one ticket appeals like BvT's. Legal genius he isn't.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

You guys pay £115 Trillion in taxes a year? Who knew? What are you doing with all that cash, I mean, aside from paying for Royal weddings, Royal babies and tea at Windsor?

But that's a quibble. If no one has any authority without some signed consent, I think that means that I can come over there and sic the Sausage Dog Hit Squad on him for being an idiot, and since its well known that Dachshunds recognize no earthly authority except The Kaiser who is unlikely to intervene, well, our good Baron is gonna have to die by doggie.

We're packing up the Parachutes, Helicopters and going to the vet for the shots, and you can expect a fully outfitted Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment directly...

Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
JohnPCapitalist
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

Gregg wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:59 pm But that's a quibble. If no one has any authority without some signed consent, I think that means that I can come over there and sic the Sausage Dog Hit Squad on him for being an idiot, and since its well known that Dachshunds recognize no earthly authority except The Kaiser who is unlikely to intervene, well, our good Baron is gonna have to die by doggie.
Nice to see that they've finally gotten around to implementing a design that was conceived of during the 1980s in that august joural of military strategy, "Bloom County." I think the Dachshund version is more aerodynamic than the original design.

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

TheHallouminati wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:06 am Lol, Baron Ward still banging on about his BIG WIN back in 2013 :haha:
Eh, let him reminisce. It was the greatest moment of his life.
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

So, he constructed an entire world-view and ended up on the streets on the basis of a discharged PCN incurred for parking in a disabled space. Impressive, perhaps. Futile, certainly.
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Wakeman52 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 1:42 pm So, he constructed an entire world-view and ended up on the streets on the basis of a discharged PCN incurred for parking in a disabled space. Impressive, perhaps. Futile, certainly.
I thought he ended up on the streets because the former Baroness Von Trampbeard kicked his arse there and, thanks to his stupidity legal genius, she got to keep pretty much everything that he hadn't already pissed down the drain.

Or did I dream that?
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

longdog wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:54 pm
I thought he ended up on the streets because the former Baroness Von Trampbeard kicked his arse there and, thanks to his stupidity legal genius, she got to keep pretty much everything that he hadn't already pissed down the drain.

Or did I dream that?
No, she showed a clean set of heels long ago. They were divorced & the House of Ward/Embassy was to be sold & the assets split. His ongoing occupation racked up the fees until he was thrown out, leaving him without a proverbial pot to piss in.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

As the saying goes, he's a right genius he is.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Wakeman52 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 1:42 pm So, he constructed an entire world-view and ended up on the streets on the basis of a discharged PCN incurred for parking in a disabled space. Impressive, perhaps. Futile, certainly.
To be fair, he is kind of disabled. Mentally at least.
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
longdog

Post by longdog »

hucknallred wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:50 pm His ongoing occupation racked up the fees until he was thrown out, leaving him without a proverbial pot to piss in.
Ah... That rings a bell.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Pretty much, yes. Baron von Trampbeard sent a bundle of demented Sovcit nonsense to the PCN appeal hearing, but the council withdrew the ticket due to staff shortages so no hearing took place. Nonetheless, BvT regarded this as complete judicial validation of all his assertions.

He does not explain how a parking ticket adjudicator has the authority to overturn numerous pillars of government and constitution, especially when no adjudicator actually heard or ruled upon his nonsensical submissions anyway. He is an idiot of quite spectacular proportions.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

25, 000,000 REs and still living in a van. Tragic.

Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Pfft, I have £250 Billion in Dachshund Dollars! The Official negotiable currency of Chili Dog and Root Beer* and the rest of the 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment. And I get more every day at treat time!

* I dunno if I properly announced the newest member of the regiment, Lt. Root Beet

Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

And come the revolution, I'll be able to redeem them for all the belly rubs and puppy licks I could ever want!
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

The close in ground assault squadron are getting ready....

Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

The Greyhound Cavalry?
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Gregg wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:46 pm The Greyhound Cavalry?
Yup. No footler will be spared.
longdog

Post by longdog »

The Third Whippet Unarmed Combat Platoon are honing their skills as I speak.

Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Few people realize that the Illuminati has such powerful Canine Military Forces. Wait until they find out about the 33" Degree Ankle Biters Scout Brigade.