The Second Battle of Crawford's Castle, a Nottingham Farce...

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

LordEd
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: The Second Battle of Crawford's Castle, a Nottingham Farce...

Post by LordEd »

Don't get me wrong, the information is bang on. I would have no idea how to improve it, just that there feels like there is a gap in presentation that somebody with more artistic ability than me could figure out.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

Good video, Normal.

There's a technical issue with text legibility. The diagram uses a small font, and has red text on black background that doesn't show well.

Then the bullet-point slides have much larger text that, by contrast, shouts at the reader.
Last edited by littleFred on Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
PeanutGallery

Re: Peter of England: A REal guru.

Post by PeanutGallery »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
PeanutGallery wrote:It's the challenge made by King Leonidas who led the 300 Spartans against the advancing Persian army at the Battle of Thermopylae.
It's Fearn Chase, not Close. Let's at least get the address right otherwise we open ourselves up for mockery.
Warning may contain traces of nut
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Pox wrote:
grixit wrote:BTW, do we have actual confirmation of Craig's supposed wealth?
IMO, if Craig had any wealth behind him he is the type to flash the cash.

In the Nottingham Post his address is given as Ockbrook Drive, looking on Rightmove this seems to be an apartment area, price of the premises in the region of 100/120k.
For someone who has said how much dosh he earned from his scheme, I would have expected him to flash his cash and live in a more expensive property. Or maybe he has spent all his money on his body art and personal trainer fees ( or a more chemically based 'training aid' - have you seen his biceps?)
I also suspect that his car is heavily financed or leased.
No evidence for all of my suspicions, just gut feeling and the experience of someone who has seen a house built of straw before.

I would not be surprised if he is a tenant as opposed to owner occupier.
Hmm, i wouldn't be surprised if it's all a front. But that brings up the next question: if it is a front, is it possible that his family actually thinks he has money?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
grixit

Post by grixit »

guilty wrote:
rumpelstilzchen wrote:Obviously the Crawford's have no understanding of what is meant by "kerbside delivery". It is their stuff it is down to them to stack it.
Why is it that everything they do they do wrong? Have they at some time in the past pressed the self destruct button? There really should be a fly-on-the-wall documentary made of this family. It would be the funniest show on TV
My Mum and Dad are in their 80's (which might engender some sympathy from youthful delivery drivers) but Mum always gets her deliveries taken into the house by them. She makes a point of smiling and being grateful for their help. She offers cups of tea and biscuits, chats away, and tries to press fivers into their hands (usually given back to her with good humour). Delivery van leaves, with smiles and waves from the driver.
It's not difficult to be nice. Life is so much better that way.
my old man said aggro the van...

. . . . . . Dr Pepper
grixit

Post by grixit »

vampireLOREN wrote: Sorry, nope They are the real deal All Natural Organic Stupid People! 8)
--- On The Land!

. . . . . . Dr Pepper
grixit

Post by grixit »

NG3 wrote:They know it's endgame now, and the Crawford's have lost.
--- On The Land!

. . . . . . Dr Pepper
pigpot
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by pigpot »

"Hoooooooooooray" I love it when I see others misfortune and the "corporation" wins. :|
Boaz. It's a little like Shazam. It certainly meant a lot to Billy Batson.
Nothing in this post is legal or lawful advice, it is only used for the sake of entertainment.
All "rights" are reserved by this poster.
LordEd

Post by LordEd »

There's a huge difference between misfortune and predictable results.

This video: https://youtu.be/1YCk_r0BKvE

Pause it at 4 seconds. The GOODF encourage him to continue. We warn it will all end badly.

The warning is done. Hit play and have a laugh at somebody doing something stupid with a predictable outcome.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

biglee wrote:Thanx for the welcome
Just because they won't have a claim, or the ability to prove liability it won't stop their cracking legal team from coming up with some argument
don't forget there is a chicken still missing!! :snicker:

:haha: :haha: :haha:
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

LordEd wrote:There's a huge difference between misfortune and predictable results.

Pause it at 4 seconds. The GOODF encourage him to continue. We warn it will all end badly.

The warning is done. Hit play and have a laugh at somebody doing something stupid with a predictable outcome.
It doesn't begin to compare with this;

http://www.loweringthebar.net/2012/02/b ... ocket.html

Read the complaint;

http://www.courthousenews.com/2012/02/02/Rocket.pdf

Who'd have thought a legal document could be so hilarious?
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
timcurgenven1
Pirate
Pirate

Post by timcurgenven1 »

Whos going to Toms court case today?
pigpot
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by pigpot »

LordEd wrote:There's a huge difference between misfortune and predictable results.
Ever played roulette on a fixed table? You are perfectly right. Those that knew the game predicted the outcome. Could the outcome have been rigged in the first place. Lack off full disclosure makes contracts null and void no?
Boaz. It's a little like Shazam. It certainly meant a lot to Billy Batson.
Nothing in this post is legal or lawful advice, it is only used for the sake of entertainment.
All "rights" are reserved by this poster.
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

PeanutGallery wrote:
Hercule Parrot wrote:
PeanutGallery wrote:It's the challenge made by King Leonidas who led the 300 Spartans against the advancing Persian army at the Battle of Thermopylae.
It's Fearn Chase, not Close. Let's at least get the address right otherwise we open ourselves up for mockery.
Indeed. Did you realise that this mistake was made in the judgement? The final sentence reads:

The suspension of execution of the warrant for possession of 3 Fearn Close is lifted.

I've already had someone on YouTube telling me that this means that the eviction was invalid
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
Llwellyn
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Llwellyn »

Normal Wisdom wrote:
Indeed. Did you realise that this mistake was made in the judgement? The final sentence reads:

The suspension of execution of the warrant for possession of 3 Fearn Close is lifted.

I've already had someone on YouTube telling me that this means that the eviction was invalid
Lets break this down...
The Suspension of the Excecution of the Warrant for Possession.....
So as it is.. the Execution of the Warrant was SUSPENDED.. meaning, that while the court case was in progress the B&B could not evict Tom and family. .. that is fair enough. Once the JUDGE made a decision.. it could have either overturned the Warrant, or allowed the Warrant. As it is, the judge ruled for the B&B, and lifted the Suspension.. sadly I guess this is all in that complicated legalese.. :whistle:
Thank the heavens I passed Grade 9 English in school..
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

Thanks to all for the comments about my video. I agree that the second half is a bit dry without any sound. I tried out the free music that comes with iMovie but it none of it seemed appropriate - I never thought of chickens clucking!

I also agree with the comments about some of the print. The red print doesn't show up too well but I had done that in Powerpoint, saved the progressions as separate pictures and then imported and placed them all before I realised that. To be frank I wasn't about to go back and start again. The video was, as much as anything, a vehicle for me to learn how to use iMovie and I was experimenting as I went which explains why it may be of variable quality. I rushed it a bit at the end too as my wife was starting to wonder why so little progress was being made with decorating our bedroom!

Hopefully, it makes the main points about Tom's endowment mortgage and puts to bed some of the ridiculous claims (it won't of course). I have one or two other ideas for videos that I may pursue next week
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
Pox

Post by Pox »

Burnaby49 wrote:

It doesn't begin to compare with this;

http://www.loweringthebar.net/2012/02/b ... ocket.html

Read the complaint;

http://www.courthousenews.com/2012/02/02/Rocket.pdf

Who'd have thought a legal document could be so hilarious?

I would say that the anal archer was on a frolic of his own and thus no vicarious liability on the part of the defendant.
If he had been fatally injured (thankfully he appears not to have been) he would have been a strong candidate for a Darwin Award.
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

Llwellyn wrote:
Normal Wisdom wrote:

Lets break this down...
The Suspension of the Excecution of the Warrant for Possession.....
So as it is.. the Execution of the Warrant was SUSPENDED.. meaning, that while the court case was in progress the B&B could not evict Tom and family. .. that is fair enough. Once the JUDGE made a decision.. it could have either overturned the Warrant, or allowed the Warrant. As it is, the judge ruled for the B&B, and lifted the Suspension.. sadly I guess this is all in that complicated legalese.. :whistle:
Thank the heavens I passed Grade 9 English in school..
That's all very well but don't you realise that Tom lives at 3 Fearn Chase not Fearn Close? The judgement was obviously referring to a completely different house and thus the suspension of the order regarding Fearn Chase remains in place and Tom should not have been evicted. At least that's what I was told on YouTube. :lol:
hardcopy

Post by hardcopy »

pigpot wrote:"Hoooooooooooray" I love it when I see others misfortune and the "corporation" wins. :|
There is no misfortune, Tom was handed down a victory judgement.
All that needs to be done is to wake the judge up and get him involved IMHO.
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

Normal Wisdom wrote:
That's all very well but don't you realise that Tom lives at 3 Fearn Chase not Fearn Close? The judgement was obviously referring to a completely different house and thus the suspension of the order regarding Fearn Chase remains in place and Tom should not have been evicted. At least that's what I was told on YouTube. :lol:
The Tards are going to love you for that one Normal. Post it in Goofville and they will be ecstatic!!!!11!!!!!!