Robert 'Crab Bait' White consents to losing his houses

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Re: Robert 'Crab Bait' White consents to losing his houses

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Zeek wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:15 pm
Well Zeek most of the people who frequent this site work for a living or are retired ex law professionals/other professionals from the other side of the pond.
Well dave beeston, im shocked anyone on this thread can call themselves a " law professional" [ as you put it] to be honest with you !

Why not get one of your troll/ reporters down there or do you prefer to babble ? :haha:
I call myself a "law professional" -- or, more accurately, a "former law professional", since I am now retired; but in the old days, I was admitted to practice before the state courts in Massachusetts, and the US District Court and Court of Appeals. Can you prove otherwise?

Along the lines of what I said before, if I was able to head over to the UK, attending this trial would rank about 10,395,447th on my list of things to do while over there -- well below swimming the Thames from source to sea, parasailing into Buckingham Palace, and going into a bar full of Royal Marines and telling them that they are a big bunch of sissies.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

In the scheme of things that matter the Crablet and his ultimate self destruction is not even an infinitesimal blip on the radar of things to care about. He is a self destructive idiot.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
hucknallred
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by hucknallred »

Crab trial predictions?

Not guilty from me.

Got this standing by

Oh yes, need one of these for Zeek -----> :haha:
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

hucknallred wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:11 am Crab trial predictions?

Not guilty from me.

Got this standing by

Oh yes, need one of these for Zeek -----> :haha:
I’ll go for case dismissed
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

The best and most complete victory as regards gripping the rail in the crown court is not to find yourself there in the first place.

As for Humble Pie it featured Steve Marriot on vocals and Peter Frampton on guitar. Ironically one of their top hits was 30 Days In The Hole.

We shall see anyway as Listings show the trial still up and running.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

exiledscouser wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:06 am We shall see anyway as Listings show the trial still up and running.
That is true but a "For Mention" hearing is normally a procedural one to lay information before the court. I would suspect from that that the case is likely to be dropped, although the adjourned/resumed earlier would indicate that it is not a straight forward dismissal as that wouldn't have required a suspension.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Why would they need the defendant to attend in that case, if it was purely submissions between CPS and court/judge?
AnOwlCalledSage

aesmith wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:02 pm Why would they need the defendant to attend in that case, if it was purely submissions between CPS and court/judge?
It can be submissions between defence and the Judge, all it denotes is that it is administrative rather than trial. The decision to not prosecute Neelu for benefit fraud, for example, was dealt with as a "For Mention" hearing and she attended that.

This is, in the scheme of things, a pretty low level case. If there are availability issues with witnesses then it will be dropped.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

I fully agree that the arguments being put forward about "void mortgages" are all a load of hogwash.

IANAL.

However, if a particular mortgage WERE to found to be fraudulent, would it really cause the home to revert to the seller, who might not be in a financial position to take it back?

When I buy a house, there are two independent but related transactions: a purchase agreement between myself and the seller and a mortgage agreement between myself and the lender. Once the deal closes I have no further obligation to or contact with the seller, nor he with me.

If the mortgage agreement were found to be fraudulent, wouldn't the court attempt to return both myself and the lender (not the seller) to the financial position we were in before entering into the agreement? In other words, I would have to return the money that the lender advanced to enable me to buy the property, perhaps less any amounts I have paid, and the lender would cancel the promisory note and the lien (US) or Land Registry charge (UK).

This may (probably will) impose an insurmountable burden on me, to come up with the necessary funds. I may be forced to sell the house to do so. But, I don't see how the property can be foisted back on the innocent seller. He/she may be unable or unwilling to take it, because he/she would have to pay for it.

A fraud in one of the two related transactions does not necessarily equate to fraud in the other. Assuming the seller was not part of the fraud, why would he/she be involved at all? It is entirely possible that the seller is no longer even alive, or has left the country.
AnOwlCalledSage

noblepa wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:58 pm However, if a particular mortgage WERE to found to be fraudulent, would it really cause the home to revert to the seller, who might not be in a financial position to take it back?
I think you are right. I sold my house because, although I had successfully renegotiated with my mortgage company, I owed a large amount to unsecured creditors. Once the transaction was complete, I had no responsibility with regards my former property and could pay off my debts. If the transaction, for whatever reason, had been rolled back I'd have been ****ed!

Once completion has taken place, from my reading anyway, it is all down to who has the equitable interest in the property.
Hearing finished for ROBERT ARTHUR WHITE 11/09/2019 14:53
Looking forward to the excited explanations of irrelevance!
longdog

Post by longdog »

As I understand it that's correct.

The loan and the mortgage are conditional on each other but separate.

If the mortgage is declared void then the loan remains payable and the lender would be entitled to immediate repayment or security on the loan... Another mortgage.

If the borrower refused to grant a mortgage or repay the loan then the bank could just get the house anyway through the courts.

All entirely academic of course because the court will just do what it did in Michael O Bonker's case and say "either correct the errors in the mortgage or the court will do it for you".
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Don't get too excited.

Hearing has finished.
Hearing Finished -The hearing of the case for the specified defendant(s) has concluded for today. It is not an indication that the case has finished just that today's hearing has finished
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Should we read anything into the fact that Zeek hasn't appeared with a tray of pies, a la CMOT Dibbler?
HardyW
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by HardyW »

SteveUK wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:52 pm Don't get too excited.

Hearing has finished.
Hearing Finished -The hearing of the case for the specified defendant(s) has concluded for today. It is not an indication that the case has finished just that today's hearing has finished
I was trying to understnd what kind of hearing this is, as it's not headed as "Trial" but "Hearing (for mention)"

then I saw this about today

Robert White The jury has been dismissed mate, it's not a trial tomorrow it's for the cps to say why there should be another trial. I'll explain all in a video when I get time.
AnOwlCalledSage

After the last hearing the court told me that the trial had been postponed because some documentation was missing. Now if this was down to the CPS and they failed to provide it, I would have expected the case to have been thrown out today with prejudice by the Judge, end of.
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Update, and a stunning WIN abject failure for Crabbie.
Eviction/trial update.

The 1&1/2 hour hearing today lasted 3 & 1/2 hours. The end result is there will be a retrial on 11th May 2020. It was a bit of a surprise as I expected the case to be thrown out, but I'm game for whatever way they want to play it. The cps have changed the rules in a desperate attempt not to lose a case against a litigant in person as they call it. 8 months to prepare for the next trial by jury, bring it on cps I won't be giving in whatever happens. I'll update more soon bad connection at the moment.

Comedy comments.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

He he.

If it’d been a sex offence he’d have set a Vice President.

Pass me my coat. 😀
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

Zeek, Zeek, where are you? We have a pie waiting.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Well, that was a stunning win entirely expected loss for our little quail. But at least he now has eight months to prepare his earth-shattering defence.

I guess the pie will just have to wait, eh Zeek?
longdog

Post by longdog »

I wonder if the bank will be prepared to sit on their hands that long or if they'll throw the third party interloper out of their house by then.

My money is one him being homeless again before next week is out.

Either way my pastry base mixed offal dish can stay in the freezer for the time being.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?