Michael (of Bernicia) Waugh, UK bankster-buster

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

hucknallred
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Michael (of Bernicia) Waugh, UK bankster-buster

Post by hucknallred »

longdog wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:13 am I'll take your word for that. I tend to assume that CT loons are anti-Semitic by default and even if they are not they don't get any prizes... They're still loons.
Slightly off topic, are you in the slammer again?
longdog

Post by longdog »

Yeah. I've been Zuccked again for some unstated transgression against the "community standards". Thirty days this time.

I'm going to have to create a sock-puppet account.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

longdog wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:30 pm Yeah. I've been Zuccked again for some unstated transgression against the "community standards". Thirty days this time.

I'm going to have to create a sock-puppet account.
You uttered an f-bomb in the Neil Warren cross dressing spat, then went quiet. I think that was the offence.
We'll sort a cake with a file in it.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Yeah but I don't think it was that. Not unless he was upset at my claiming I had better legs than him in high heels. I have better legs than most women in high heels too if I do say so myself... They make grown women weep :-D

But I'm getting on a bit these days and "fat old tranny" is not a good look to be entirely honest :mrgreen:
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

longdog wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:47 pm Yeah but I don't think it was that. Not unless he was upset at my claiming I had better legs than him in high heels. I have better legs than most women in high heels too if I do say so myself... They make grown women weep :-D

But I'm getting on a bit these days and "fat old tranny" is not a good look to be entirely honest :mrgreen:
I doubt he reported it, I think your f word was picked up automatically. Others have had small bans for far less colourful words. Think of it like you were on parole, one transgression & back in you go.

Getting back on topic - Matt Hancock still not arrested.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

Hot off the press (Jan 7 2021)...........

NYGman

Post by NYGman »

hucknallred wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:25 pm Hot off the press (Jan 7 2021)...........

Angel Dust will not help them
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
longdog

Post by longdog »

So is this "enough compelling prima facie evidence" the same as the "enough compelling prima facie evidence" he had last time or the "enough compelling prima facie evidence" he should have had last time?
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

My immediate response was, "sure you do, just like all the last gazillion this time fer shures" and I 'm not expecting any different now.

The anti-Semitic part is no surprise with the PLD, or sovcit, groups, since it ALWAYS has to be someone else's fault and the anti-Semitic fall back is easy and to hand. Mostly it's an easy excuse for their racism and anti-Semitism.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

So is this "enough compelling prima facie evidence" the same as the "enough compelling prima facie evidence" he had last time or the "enough compelling prima facie evidence" he should have had last time?
Oh ye of little faith! It says right there that he now has UTTERLY compelling prima facie evidence. What more do you want?

Honestly, some people are never satisfied.
longdog

Post by longdog »

I apologise to m'learned friends and the court :-)
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Well, "UTTERLY compelling" now that's different in' it!!!!! :snicker: :haha:
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

longdog wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:47 pm Yeah but I don't think it was that. Not unless he was upset at my claiming I had better legs than him in high heels. I have better legs than most women in high heels too if I do say so myself... They make grown women weep :-D

"Fat Old Tranny" would be a great name for a torch song album.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

I'm trying to fit this picture into my world view. After we're finally done with Covid issues my lifelong drinking buddy and I plan to do an extended, maybe very extended, grand pubbing tour of England and Wales. Bite it Nicola Sturgeon, no Scotland! Given our advancing ages it may well be our last driving trip after almost 20 years of driving and drinking around Britain.

There's no question that it will include Hull and will certainly be my last trip there after over 70 years of visiting the city (I was first there when I was about a year old when foreign visitors to Hull were so exotic our visit was in the newspapers along with a photo). So I'll be hitting pubs I've not been to in decades. The Minerva, the Empress, a last shot at the Whalebone and both White Harts.

I've invited Longdog to join us for at least part of our Hull swillathon. But how to fit the "fat old tranny" concept into this picture? What pubs will he suggest that fit into our very vague itinerary, what nooks and crannies of Hull, a city I've had very extensive first hand experience exploring, will he suggest?

We'll be doing the Polar Bear, a CAMRA historic pub favorite, which longdog informs me is now a gay hangout and a dump, neither of which is an issue to me. As far as dumps go I've been to the Criterion and Stricky in Hull which both set a pretty high bar and gays tend to be amiable (we stay clear of lesbian bar, we've had issues) unlike some straight bars like the Quarter Gill in Glasgow and the Golden Gates in Edinburgh. But what to expect from "fat old tranny" pubs? I await the answer to that question with interest.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Burnaby49 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:15 am But what to expect from "fat old tranny" pubs? I await the answer to that question with interest.

A chorus line singing "Lola"?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
longdog

Post by longdog »

Burnaby49 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:15 am I've invited Longdog to join us for at least part of our Hull swillathon. But how to fit the "fat old tranny" concept into this picture? What pubs will he suggest that fit into our very vague itinerary, what nooks and crannies of Hull, a city I've had very extensive first hand experience exploring, will he suggest?

We'll be doing the Polar Bear, a CAMRA historic pub favorite, which longdog informs me is now a gay hangout and a dump, neither of which is an issue to me. As far as dumps go I've been to the Criterion and Stricky in Hull which both set a pretty high bar and gays tend to be amiable (we stay clear of lesbian bar, we've had issues) unlike some straight bars like the Quarter Gill in Glasgow and the Golden Gates in Edinburgh. But what to expect from "fat old tranny" pubs? I await the answer to that question with interest.
The last time I checked The Polar Bear was closed permanently... Again.

In all honesty I'm so out of touch with the LGBTQ+ scene in Hull I don't even know if it exists any more and cannot give advice on "fat old tranny" venues. There's still the firmly gay Propaganda opposite the station but beyond that I'm not sure.

My bestest drinking buddy is also gay and, like all of us, he's getting older and not as enthusiastic any more. We plan a "poofs night out" but then we have a warm-up beer in PAVE and then another warm-up beer... And then another warm up beer... And then we decide we're comfortable where we are, the beer's a lot better and we can't be arsed.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

I think, even in the absence of recommendations, I can somehow comfortably handle the venues for a couple of nights pubbing in Hull. Too bad about the Polar Bear though, CAMRA loved the ceramic bar. The Black Horse in Beverly is also a must see. No doubt you'll tell me that's closed too.

As far as age goes I'm 72 in a few months but still eager to hit new pubs. However if I lived in Britain I'd no doubt settle for a few locals like I do here.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

You can all wear matching feather boas and tortoiseshell glasses.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
longdog

Post by longdog »

Burnaby49 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:48 am The Black Horse in Beverly is also a must see. No doubt you'll tell me that's closed too.
Not as far as I know. I was in Nellie's a few months ago although they do seem to be having a bit of trouble getting Covid-19 restrictions to fit in with the Sam Smith's policy of pretending the 20th century never happened.

I went in and there's a contact tracing poster next to the bar saying "please text this number". So obviously I got my phone out and went to do exactly that. At this point I got told off by the landlady for breaching the Sam Smith's No-Mobile-Phones rule.

I like SS best bitter, not just because it's half the price of most pub bitters, and Nellie's is an institution, but Humphrey Smith is quite clearly as mad as cheese.
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

The Observer wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:14 pm
Burnaby49 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:15 am But what to expect from "fat old tranny" pubs? I await the answer to that question with interest.

A chorus line singing "Lola"?
A total derail from O'Bonkers, but the funniest moment I ever had at a football match was 16 May 1999 when United beat Spurs 2:1 at Old Trafford to win the Premier League (in the season we won the Treble).

As Spurs' handsome, long-haired midfielder David Ginola ran down the wing the Spurs fans started singing:

"Met him at a club down at White Hart Lane
Where he came from France
And his name is David Ginola
Gin-o-lo-lo-lola
Well we're not dumb but we can't understand
Why he looks like a woman but plays like a man
Oh Ginola... Gin-o-lo-lo-lola"

Brought the bloody house down.