"Great thinking" at LostHorizons

bmielke

Re: "Great thinking" at LostHorizons

Post by bmielke »

webhick wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:He came to our last DC Quatloos gathering...
Was he the one in the wife-beater that said "Summary Judgments make me hot" and the bedazzled thong?
Oh man, if that's the kind of stuff that happens at those gatherings I wish I lived closer to DC.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

webhick wrote:
Was he the one in the wife-beater that said "Summary Judgments make me hot" and the bedazzled thong?
:shock:

Um, to change the subject a bit: What do you guys and gals actually talk about at these get-togethers up there in DC? Do you talk about taxes and scams, etc., or do you talk about normal stuff, you know, like elementary particle physics and French impressionism and the starting lineup for the 1961 Yankees and stuff like that?

(signed)
--Jess Wonderin', down heah in Texas
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Famspear wrote:
webhick wrote:

Um, to change the subject a bit: What do you guys and gals actually talk about at these get-togethers up there in DC? Do you talk about taxes and scams, etc., or do you talk about normal stuff, you know, like elementary particle physics and French impressionism and the starting lineup for the 1961 Yankees and stuff like that?

(signed)
--Jess Wonderin', down heah in Texas
I assumed they talked about illuminati stuff for hours on end, before agreeing to meet up and roast an intern for Christmas.
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

How 'bout that Beltway traffic?
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

What happens at the DC gatherings, stays at the DC gatherings...
Demo.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Demosthenes wrote:What happens at the DC gatherings, stays at the DC gatherings...
[Infantile tax protester/denier/narcissist/psychological transference in connection with unresolved issues I must have had with my parents mode = on]

A coverup! A coverup! Waaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh! It's not faaaaaaaaiiiiiiirrrrrr!

[Infantile tax protester/denier/narcissist/psychological transference in connection with unresolved issues I must have had with my parents mode = off]

"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Demosthenes wrote:What happens at the DC gatherings, stays at the DC gatherings...
So many possible comments, and so much discretion.

(Yes, there are times when my internal mental filter actually works.)
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Unless, of course, someone moves the body to someplace outside DC.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

webhick wrote:
Unless, of course, someone moves the body to someplace outside DC.
Is Ft Marcy park in DC?

just sayin'
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

darling wrote:
Imalawman wrote:I wonder why Jonathan Siegel? He's a smart cookie, but he's not a tax law guy (that I'm aware of anyway).
http://docs.law.gwu.edu/facweb/jsiegel/ ... omeTax.htm
I sit and stand corrected. Very interesting....one wonders if said professor posts on here.... :)
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

CaptainKickback wrote:
oldhawaiiscot wrote:we need someone to find the SCOTUS decision that definitely states that private party money received for their labor is not taxable, that doing so is an invasion of their rights of property, liberty, and whatever else
Judge Crater has it. Along with "whatever else".
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

oldhawaiiscot wrote:So, my attempt to think of how to correct this, is we need someone to find the SCOTUS decision that definitely states that private party money received for their labor is not taxable, that doing so is an invasion of their rights of property, liberty, and whatever else.
I think that they ought to look, instead, for leprechauns, unicorns, and a way to get David Ortiz his baseball mojo back. They'll have much better luck....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools