Dean Clifford - A Tale of Two Gurus

Moderator: Burnaby49

rumpelstilzchen
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Dean Clifford - A Tale of Two Gurus

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Dean is going to act as his own Bank
Perhaps he should make an appointment with himself and see about getting an overdraft.

With all these liens flying about the place....how much does that cost?
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Over on WFS the true believers are arguing it all out with the more pragmatic:

https://public.worldfreemansociety.org/ ... ?start=138

The fantasy that Dean is being railroaded because he's kryptonite to the powers that be is posited in opposition to the realization that he was not very smart to threaten the judge and the sheriff over the jail house phone and later on the internet via one of his minions.

The central question seems to be whether freemen should rally behind Super Dean, or glean a few practical lessons from his fall from freeman greatness to jail house crazy boy.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Went over the Update 11 audio again this afternoon. Just noticed that Dean indirectly put the number of members of his website at 300 down from 600. Given that he charges $180 for forum membership, that places the gross procceeds from his website at between $54,000 to $108,000 a year. For obvious reasons I suspect the actual number is much lower than that, particularly given how short Alex's temper has been recently. I don't think they would be this upset if they were actually raking in the cash.

But I think we have an answer for why they kept posting updates; they had to keep the guys paying forum fees placated. Given that the construction company failed years ago, Darren hasn't had a job in 3 years (by his own account), and Dean is Dean, they clearly need that sweet paypal dough. (CRA may want to dig into whether this income was being reported).
With all these liens flying about the place....how much does that cost?
Dean places an estimate of the amount of money "her" has spent at $1,500. However as bmx points out, he also claims they've spent $1,200 on collect calls so it's possible there are some exaggerations being made, since the context of this conversation is plans for a future "fundraiser" which coincides neatly with Dean's attempt at asking for bail at appeals court. (Can you even do that?)

Translation: The plan is a fundraiser to raise cash for Dean to post bail since he is currently broke after forfeiting the bail money he put up in August of last year.
plus i will give it a 99.9999% chance he has no computer in the remand. i spoke with someone who just got released and laughed at the suggestion.
I think bmx is taking that quote out of context. All Dean has said is that he has access to a computer where he is allowed to type up documents. This seems plausible to me.

p.s. Highlights of update 11 are available online on Youtube and the text summary provided by Alex was fairly accurate.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Jeffrey wrote:Dean places an estimate of the amount of money "her" has spent at $1,500. However as bmx points out, he also claims they've spent $1,200 on collect calls so it's possible there are some exaggerations being made, since the context of this conversation is plans for a future "fundraiser" which coincides neatly with Dean's attempt at asking for bail at appeals court. (Can you even do that?)

Translation: The plan is a fundraiser to raise cash for Dean to post bail since he is currently broke after forfeiting the bail money he put up in August of last year.
In the US, wasn't George Zimmerman accused of doing that? (The judge raised the bail amount.)
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

All cute and wonderful, but I think I have a better chance of being named Canadian Prime Minister than Dean does of ever getting bail now. At least I have or had relatives in Canada.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Nah, the Zimmerman issue was that they lied about their finances in order to get the judge to not set bail so high.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Over on the World Freeman Society Forum BMX openly speculates that Dean's headed for more charges and a psych evaluation based on his very public threats against a sheriff who was in the courtroom during his hearings.

https://public.worldfreemansociety.org/ ... ?start=156

One has to figure that the authorities are well aware of Dean's threats since he made them over a jail house phone and his witless brother allowed them to be YouTubed across the world.

I swear, Dean and Darren could give lesson's in screwing up one's own life!
notorial dissent

arayder wrote:I swear, Dean and Darren could give lesson's in screwing up one's own life!
Maybe that's what they ought to be giving seminars in. At least they'd be giving honest (Canadian)dollar for their work.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

notorial dissent wrote:
arayder wrote:I swear, Dean and Darren could give lesson's in screwing up one's own life!
Maybe that's what they ought to be giving seminars in. At least they'd be giving honest (Canadian)dollar for their work.
In jail and unable to go out on the roads looking for confrontations with the police the tragically self-distructive Dean has found an outlet for his hatred of authority. . . threatening peace officers over the jail house phone.

The poor boy's lack of self awareness is incredible.

We should also recognize that his violent threats and plans to file a raft of phony liens negate Dean's claim that he intends to do no harm.
notorial dissent

Personally, I think sheer mordant staggeringly brain dead stupid pretty well sums it up.

All i can say is that he is handing the prosecution and incredibly freebie.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

notorial dissent wrote:Personally, I think sheer mordant staggeringly brain dead stupid pretty well sums it up.

All i can say is that he is handing the prosecution and incredibly freebie.
I agree.

Lots of folks say there are several different types of intelligence, one being emotional intelligence. That Dean seems so totally unaware of his compulsive need to seek out and violently confront authority figures tells me he's on the emotional intelligence short bus.

Neither does Darren or any of his friends seem able to give him the advice and emotional support he needs to function.

I believe Dean is having a sort of emotional breakdown. A breakdown that BMX rightly points out ensures Dean won't ever make bail and makes more likely he won't see the light of day for years.

Dean want's his faithful to think he's brilliant freedom fighter. But, it's becoming more clear everyday that he's a mentally unstable, dead beat, gun toting, bail jumping, violent repeat offender.

I find it particularly despicable that he is putting at risk for prosecution, his "assistant" by manipulating her into filing his phony liens.

I hope somebody tracks this poor girl down and has a talk with her before she ends up like Bill Noble and Trevor Sydorenko, who Dean helped send to ruin.
notorial dissent

I agree. I do think it is obvious, at least to anyone looking with an unbiased and open eye, that Dean is having an emotional breakdown, but I think it goes further than that, I think he is having an intellectual breakdown at this point as well. I think your analysis of Dean’s emotional makeup is pretty accurate, and along with that I think his intellectual image of himself as the leader, the freedom fighter, the absolute master of his fate, the legal genius is falling apart since he is still in jail, his “magic” paperwork is getting him nowhere, is basically being ignored for the useless and meaningless gibberish it is, AND HE IS STILL IN JAIL, and he is reduced to ranting and railing against his “enemies” and captors, and worst thing of all, they don’t seem to care or be in the least impressed, and that has to be the hardest blow of all. Let’s face it, Dean, and Darren for that matter, had nothing going for themselves before all this, as near as I can tell Dean was at best a mediocre carpenter, and certainly a lousy contractor, so he invented this persona of the great freedom fighter, guru, legal genius, and nemesis of the legal establishment, and this gave him purpose and standing and place in the world, and it is all slipping away from him, not in dribs and drabs, but whole chunks at a time. He really has nothing left at this point, and his followers will be the next and final thing to go and then he will be back to being what he was, an angry, incompetent, generally nasty bitter waste.

The plain fact is, at this point, he has pretty well seen to it and guaranteed that he’ll never ever achieve bail now, and that I think it is becoming inescapably obvious to some dim recess of his mind, that he has not only failed, but failed utterly, and is a failure, and that he is really going to jail, and probably for a long time this time. I think that is the reason for the escalating fantasies of violence and general nastiness that he is coming forward with now, not that I don’t think the propensity wasn’t there to begin with, but I think it is basically frustration and desperation that is bringing it out of him at this time.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

I think that's one lesson from the Jerry Kane incident that doesn't seem like it has been addressed by law enforcement. Guru's keep telling you that you can drive without a license, you keep going to jail and losing in court, eventually the options are to give up or in the case of Kane and Clifford, to use violence to "enforce" what you believe is the correct interpretation of the law.

The focus should be on rehabilitation; unless they force Dean into some sort of mandatory civics education so he snaps out of his "freeman" bubble then he's just going to keep at it. Clearly they made a step in the right direction with Darren when they made him go to "life skills" training, even though we haven't heard much about that so far. The alternative is sticking him in jail for ten+ years at massive tax payer expense. Offer to cut off a few years off the sentence if he publicly admits his theories were wrong, that'll save the courts millions long term if it dissuades a few of his followers from following suit.
notorial dissent

The thing with someone like Dean, is that they really doesn’t care, unless it is about them/Dean.

I have to agree with you about law enforcement, when dealing with seriously, dangerously stupid people you have to take serious real precautions. I’m still not sure what motivated the Kane massacre, but he, or at least his son, contrary to sovrun myth, was the one who came out/started shooting first. I have/had friends and family in law enforcement, and the think I always feared was not the dangerous real criminals they had to deal with on a day to day basis, but the random crazy person who would do something out of the blue. This isn’t any different. We’ve had too many random traffic stops turn in to funerals and murder convictions for me not to feel that way.

The big problem, is that Dean and people like Dean don’t want to be educated, and probably can’t/won’t be. They are quite happy in their own little fantasy world and have no intention of ever changing, and won’t.

The biggest thing I’ve seen about Dean, is that I am not convinced that he really believes what he is spouting. It comes to mind that it is just a convenient grift that suits him and that there are sufficient gullible to pay his way, so that is the career path he has chosen, plus it allows him to give full reign to his general inner nastiness. I may be wrong, but so far I have seen nothing to dissuade me of this, and if that is the case, all the rehabilitation/education/effort on the behalf of society, is going to accomplish exactly nothing. We haven’t seen Dean’s metal fully tested yet, so hard to tell if he’ll abandon his scam when push comes to shove, or if his inner stupid will rise to the challenge and send him further down the rabbit hole, or he may be like many of the gurus and recant long enough to get a sentence cut down, and then immediately go back to old ways as soon as they are out. With Dean I just can’t tell, although intuition tells me no. As the saying goes, “the stupid is strong with this one”, as he has proven from the get go.

Darren on the other hand may be just what he appears to be, a gullible follower in his big brother’s unfortunate and very stupid and self destructive footsteps. Separating the two and giving Darren some “life handling” lessons may well save him from going Dean’s path, I don’t know.

The biggest problem with this crowd is that it is hard to tell the “true believers” from the merely stupid and habitual followers in the herd, and the real gurus from the conmen, not that there is a whole lot of difference. The only thing most of them have in common are incredibly short attention spans and poor, if any, long term memory.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Jeffrey wrote:I think that's one lesson from the Jerry Kane incident that doesn't seem like it has been addressed by law enforcement. Guru's keep telling you that you can drive without a license, you keep going to jail and losing in court, eventually the options are to give up or in the case of Kane and Clifford, to use violence. . .
It is notable that weeks before he killed the West Memphis cops Kane was caught on video in front of an audience telling them he feared he'd lose control of himself the next time he was stopped by the cops.

The rant may have escaped the notice of the authorities.

But Dean's threats have not been missed.
notorial dissent wrote:. . . I am not convinced that [Dean] really believes what he is spouting. It comes to mind that it is just a convenient grift that suits him and that there are sufficient gullible to pay his way, so that is the career path he has chosen, plus it allows him to give full reign to his general inner nastiness. . .
One could argue that Dean doesn't totally believe in his own theories since he's willing to adopt contradictory ones at the drop of a hat.

But, with regard to his inner nastiness, I think he he does believe with all his 10 year old mind, heart and soul that nobody can tell him what to do.

In the end that's what's gotten him in such trouble.
notorial dissent

arayder wrote: But Dean's threats have not been missed.
notorial dissent wrote:. . . I am not convinced that [Dean] really believes what he is spouting. It comes to mind that it is just a convenient grift that suits him and that there are sufficient gullible to pay his way, so that is the career path he has chosen, plus it allows him to give full reign to his general inner nastiness. . .
One could argue that Dean doesn't totally believe in his own theories since he's willing to adopt contradictory ones at the drop of a hat.

But, with regard to his inner nastiness, I think he he does believe with all his 10 year old mind, heart and soul that nobody can tell him what to do.

In the end that's what's gotten him in such trouble.
Oh, I quite agree, I think Dean will blow whichever way the wind is going is it suits his purposes, throw his followers and his brother under the bus, sure if it gets him something he wants, which is why I say I don't think he really believes the line of BS he is peddling. I think, that when all is said and done he is nothing but a conman. I think you’ve got it spot on, he does think he is invincible, and he is so very wrong!!!
Hilfskreuzer Möwe
Northern Raider of Sovereign Commerce
Location: R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 26W 22 R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 2 [signal lost]

Post by Hilfskreuzer Möwe »

Uh-Oh! SpaghettiOs

The Cabal is at it AGAIN!

I checked the Manitoba Court of Queen’s Bench Dean Clifford files and discovered, inexplicably, that Dean & Co. have not shared with us or his subscribers that his lawsuit directed to a number of judges, police officers, Crown lawyers, and such is up for …

A motion to strike application!?

Implausible!

In brief, two new documents have appeared on docket CI14-0189455: Clifford, Dean C. vs Queen:
  • 5 04-Jun-2014 Winnipeg-QB NOTICE OF MOTION (JUDGE) OF DEF HONOURABLE JUDGES MARY KATE HARVIE, ROBERT M. HEINRICHS AND RAYMOND E. WYANT, STRIKE ST/CL

6 05-Jun-2014 Winnipeg-QB NOTICE OF MOTION (MASTER) DEF, HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN, ORDER STRICKING ST.CL
The hearing is set for June 11, 2014, at 9:30. This one is the “MASTER’S UNCONT LIST” – which gives you a hint as to whether Dean has added anything to this dispute. I will note, as did the prothonotary at the Federal Court, that Dean has had an opportunity to offer his submissions but chosen to say nada.

While I feel like leaving some sort of catty comment … hmm, I wonder if there’s anything new on the Free Dean Clifford Facebook group I could cite for ironic emphasis? Hmm. Nope. Nor http://deanclifford.info/

Darn.

Ok! How about "Truth Media" sources?! Winnipeg Alternative Media? No dice. We Are Change Victoria? Dead silence.

Huh.

I guess I’ll just have to sit back and wait for the motion to strike decision on June 11. I wager 200 Quatloos that Manitoba Court of Queen's Bench Action CI14-0189455 will be struck out and Dean is ordered to pay costs!

So, any takers?

SMS Möwe
That’s you and your crew, Mr. Hilfskreuzer. You’re just like a vampire, you must feel quite good about while the blood is dripping down from your lips onto the page or the typing, uhm keyboard there... [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNMoUnUiDqg at 11:25]
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

They pretty clearly stated that there will no longer be any updates and I suspect they may be saying the truth.
Either way, this will be the last update for some time till Dean gets out and sorts out his life etc. This could be a week, a few months or a year. I cannot say and nothing is certain.
As a rough estimate, we may expect an update around the time man first walks on Mars
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Hilfskreuzer Möwe wrote:
So, any takers?
Not me.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Hilfskreuzer Möwe
Northern Raider of Sovereign Commerce
Location: R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 26W 22 R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 2 [signal lost]

Post by Hilfskreuzer Möwe »

I am very pleased to share another bundle of documents from Dean’s court files. Again, my commentary will be cursory to facilitate distribution and review of these materials by interested persons.

Among the items received was another copy of Dean’s Provincial Court records. The plan was that these might have been updated, but that was not the case. I am unclear how to better retrieve information on Dean’s activities in that court – perhaps we’ll be lucky and a Manitoba resident will examine the file and look for more interesting items. If there are any lawyers in Manitoba who could offer advice that would be very welcome.

However, there’s still a lot of other interesting stuff.

First is Manitoba Queen’s Bench file CI14-01-89455 – CLIFFORD, DEAN C. vs QUEEN. The content of this file can be viewed on the Manitoba Courts website (http://www.jus.gov.mb.ca/), just do a name search with "Dean Clifford".

This is the new lawsuit that Dean initiated on May 21, 2014. We have obtained Dean’s statement of claim:
Dean is basically suing anyone whose name he has obtained. This is typewritten, supporting Dean’s claim he now has access to a computer. An interesting and quirky aspect of this item is its extensive handwritten modifications. For example, this was originally titled a “Verifiable Claim of Injury”, which is crossed out and replaced by “Statement of Claim”. These modifications consistently alter the document to conform to typical Canadian court standards. My hunch is Dean’s materials were refused by the court clerk until these changes were made.

We do not have available the motions in this action by the defendants to have Dean’s statement of claim struck out, nor a brief that was filed by one defendant in this matter.

An application is scheduled for June 11, 2014 to consider whether Dean’s Queen’s Bench civil action should be terminated – stay tuned for results!

... And my offer to wager 100 Quatloos still stands.

The remaining items are from Dean’s Queen's Bench action "CR13-01-32571 QUEEN vs CLIFFORD, DEAN CHRISTOPHER D." The same search procedure outlined above will locate this file as well.

I previously posted and commented on documents 1, 2, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, and 17. We have now received documents 18, 20, 21, 22, 24, 25, and 26. These make up three separate applications.

April 9, 2014 Application

This application was heard on April 17, 2014, and dismissed. Dean’s application is a single document, a formal habeas corpus application:
And here is the disposition sheet where the application is dismissed by Simonsen J.:
April 17, 2014 Application

This application appears to have been filed immediately after Dean’s unsuccessful Document #18 application, since the two components of the application were filed on April 17 as court file Documents #21 and 22:
Document #21 is a notice of application “under the common-law of this land and equity”. The unorthodox remedies requested are Dean's release, return of Dean’s property, and arrest for several police officers and Crown attorneys “for their willful and knowing participation in egregious acts of fraud and acts against the applicant contrary to the Common-Law of this Land."

Document #22 is a supporting affidavit which also attaches a five page typewritten affidavit dated Nov. 8, 2013. Dean appears to have also attached a copy of his Manitoba birth certificate, which I have not uploaded because it contains personal information that relates to his parents. I see that as both irrelevant and potentially subject to misuse.

April 29, 2014 Application

However before Dean’s April 17 application was heard he filed yet another application. Again, we have a notice of application and a supporting affidavit:
Oddly, this application has a similar objective as the April 17 materials, as Dean seeks to quash his criminal actions, be released, and have his property returned. The supporting affidavit attaches another copy of the Nov. 8, 2013 affidavit.

Both the April 17 and 29 applications were heard together on May 1, 2014, and dismissed:
That’s the last document in the 'criminal' Queen’s Bench file at present. Dean seems to have taken his efforts elsewhere.

So have fun everyone - Quatloosians and Freemen alike! Enjoy as Dean's master plan unfolds.

(He really, really, really should have taken up Lindsay's offer to assist.)

SMS Möwe
That’s you and your crew, Mr. Hilfskreuzer. You’re just like a vampire, you must feel quite good about while the blood is dripping down from your lips onto the page or the typing, uhm keyboard there... [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNMoUnUiDqg at 11:25]