The Snipes Trial

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
AFTP
The Voice of a Free Quatloosia

Post by AFTP »

Whenever you hear a man speak of his love for his Country, it is a sign he expects to be paid for it. – H. L. Mencken

Death and Taxes. Ya Think?
Cpt Banjo
Fretful leader of the Quat Quartet

Post by Cpt Banjo »

Demosthenes wrote:Actually, Kahn is pronounced Cane.
"It's spelled Luxury Yacht, but it's pronounced Throatwarbler Mangrove." -- Monty Python
"Run get the pitcher, get the baby some beer." Rev. Gary Davis
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

It's still hazy how someone like Wesley Snipes ever hooked up with someone life Eddie Kahn. While I'm patiently waiting for that answer to emerge in trial, the same name keeps popping up over and over as the guy Snipes trusted after firing his NY accountant.

Anyone here familiar with a lawyer named Ray Pope other than the whole felony conviction and disbarment thingie?
Ray Pierce Pope
Disbarred Not Eligible to practice in Florida

ID Number: - 329071
Address: Register No. 04898-017, F P C Williamsburg
PO Box 380
Salters, South Carolina 295900380
United States
Phone: 850.4778989

Admitted: 10/29/1981

10-Year Discipline History Yes
Action Date Reference
Admonishment 12-09-1999 199901013
Suspended - with Conditions 02-01-2001 200100752
Disbarment 05-04-2006 200200355
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Going through my notes right now to post a couple of blog updates. My favorite line in the trial so far came in Bernhoft's opening argument:
When you return a not guilty verdict, be aware that Snipes will still have to pay all those taxes. -- Robert Bernhoft
Demo.
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

I've met Robert Bernhoff. He is well-dressed, suave, and likeable -- and will privately admit that he thinks that his TP clients are idiots but that their checks keep clearing . . .
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Joey Smith wrote:...and will privately admit that he thinks that his (insert your choice) clients are idiots but that their checks keep clearing . . .
That sounds awfully familiar. :wink:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

http://www.gambling911.com/Wesley-Snipe ... 12108.html

Wesley Snipes Tax Fraud Trial Betting Odds Posted
As 45-year-old actor Wesley Snipes’ sits in a court room chair facing tax fraud, conspiracy and willful failure to file tax returns, the next 16 years of his life could soon be predetermined.

Like most celebrities that find themselves in “sticky situations,” Snipes is claiming that he fell victim to poor advice provided by his two co-defendants, Eddie Ray Kahn and Douglas Rosile. Of course, this claim was quickly overshadowed by Kenneth Starr, head of New York-based Starr and Co., who testified last Thursday that he tried to persuade Snipes to pay his taxes in a 90-minute telephone conversation in 2000.

As the Snipes trial continues, BetCRIS.com posted odds on its outcome. Will Wesley Snipes be then newest martyr in the tax paying lesson?

Will Wesley Snipes be convicted by tax fraud?

YES – 1/10

NO – 3/1

Wesley Snipes tax fraud sentence will be:

Convicted 1 to 5 years – 1/3

Convicted 5 to 10 years – 7/4

Convicted 10 to 16 years – 10/1

Not convicted – 5/1

“I don’t understand why people refuse to pay their taxes,” stated Spokesperson for BetCRIS.com, Esteban Siles. “If it didn’t work for Al Capone or Tony Montana, then why would tax evasion work for anyone else? The only thing certain in life is death and taxes.”
Demo.
Bud Dickman

Post by Bud Dickman »

Check out the updates by Demo, thanks much.

http://www.thesnipestrial.com/
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

I like the music, Demo. Nice touch.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Demo - for those of us over the age of 39 without Super-Vision, can you make the text larger? :shock:
Last edited by Judge Roy Bean on Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Devil Makes Three
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:Demo - for those of us over the age of 39 without supervision, can you make the text larger? :shock:
For those of us under the age of 39 who still have a hard time reading the text, we increase the text size on our browser. Here are some pretty cut and dry directions.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

webhick wrote:...

For those of us under the age of 39 who still have a hard time reading the text, we increase the text size on our browser. Here are some pretty cut and dry directions.

Oh, fun. Black and white! :shock:
The Devil Makes Three
webhick

Post by webhick »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:

Oh, fun. Black and white! :shock:
I can quickly type up some directions, and post them here, if that would help. What browser do you use?
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

The video didn't work for me :(
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

I can quickly type up some directions, and post them here, if that would help. What browser do you use?
Internet Exploder 6.

(And, no, that is not a typo!)

The computer gods here will not allow 7 as yet.
The Devil Makes Three
webhick

Post by webhick »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Internet Exploder 6.

(And, no, that is not a typo!)

The computer gods here will not allow 7 as yet.
Tell 'em to suck it up and install Firefox. It's at least easier to change the text size than in IE6:

First, you have to tell IE to ignore the font sizes on websites:
  • In the menu bar, click on Tools.
  • Then click Options.
  • On the General Tab, click the Accessibility button.
  • Check "Ignore font sizes specified on web pages"
  • Click OK
  • I should also note that there is another button of interest here: the Colors button which will let you specify certain colors on a web page. Mileage may vary.
  • Click OK
Then, you can move the font size up and down:
  • On the menu bar, click View.
  • Hover over Text Size and a side menu will appear, allowing you to choose how big or small you want the font.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

grixit wrote:The video didn't work for me :(
Try this link:

http://www.dailymotion.com/apfnorg/vide ... enidentity
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:Demo - for those of us over the age of 39 without Super-Vision, can you make the text larger? :shock:
I upped the font size from 11 to 12. Better?
Demo.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

grixit wrote:The video didn't work for me :(
You're lucky. I must have clicked on the wrong icon (so to speak) because I suddenly began hearing tax protester voices and thought my computer was possessed.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Feeling a little uneasy.

The prosecutors have introduced thousands of pages of evidence but not really explained most of it. For example, several witnesses have discussed Snipes' pure trust in detail, but no one has told the jury that it's a bogus instrument. Same with Kahn's corporation sole. And while they've tried to explain the Bills of Exchange, no one has explicitly told the jury what a whopping fraud they are or that the secret "treasury direct" account that Snipes kept trying to write checks on is a myth.

The IRS case agent was on the stand most of the day, and apparently, they plan on wrapping up the government’s side either late this week or early next week, but so far, no one has drawn the lines that show the jury any conspiracy between the defendants. If the government loses the conspiracy counts, the two promoters walk free and Snipes will probably get hit with misdemeanor failure to file counts only. They haven’t really shown willful intent for Snipes, but the jury has seen so much “celebrity behaving like an asshole to the IRS” that they’ll probably want to punish him, good faith belief or otherwise. They've seen even more of the asshole behavior from Kahn and Rosile but nothing showing asshole behavior in concert.

If the prosecution doesn’t draw those conspiracy lines for the jury, Bernhoft may simply not offer any defense at all, a strategy which worked nicely for him in the Joe Banister case.

In the meantime, the only real defense Snipes' team has offered so far is attempting to lay a foundation for appeals based on venue. It's literally been a war of "where did Snipes file his returns", in central Florida or just about anywhere else in the US that the defense team to can show on various forms. So far, the defense team is losing the venue war, IMO. The prosecution has many many many pieces of evidence signed under oath by Snipes where he clearly states he is a resident (and citizen) of Windermere, Florida during the indictment years.
Demo.