Sherry Peel Jackson Makes a Bad Situation Much Worse

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Re: Sherry Peel Jackson Makes a Bad Situation Much Worse

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Nikki wrote:is clearly ambiguous in that it fails to say This section specifically applies to Sherry Jackson
That seems to be the TP du jour. I actually got into an argument with someone because they claimed that since the law didn't specifically mention him (by name) then he wasn't liable for any taxes.

To wit, my response was a hearty :angrybird:
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Doctor Avalanche wrote:
That seems to be the TP du jour. I actually got into an argument with someone because they claimed that since the law didn't specifically mention him (by name) then he wasn't liable for any taxes.
Yeah, that's a good one. We could also respond to that tax protester with the argument that it does not matter; under the protester's own theory, the U.S. government presumably has the power to arbitrarily take whatever amount the government wants from that individual, without regard to any statutory provisions or constitutional rights -- or any constitutional limitations at all on government action. When the protester says, "Hey, what about my constitutional rights?!!", we just respond with, "Sorry, constitutional rights just don't apply to you, since you're not specifically mentioned by name in the U.S. Constitution."
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

"Sorry, constitutional rights just don't apply to you, since you're not specifically mentioned by name in the U.S. Constitution."
I'm changing my name to speech so Congress can't abridge my freedom.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Famspear wrote:Yeah, that's a good one. We could also respond to that tax protester with the argument that it does not matter; under the protester's own theory, the U.S. government presumably has the power to arbitrarily take whatever amount the government wants from that individual, without regard to any statutory provisions or constitutional rights -- or any constitutional limitations at all on government action. When the protester says, "Hey, what about my constitutional rights?!!", we just respond with, "Sorry, constitutional rights just don't apply to you, since you're not specifically mentioned by name in the U.S. Constitution."
What rights? The Bill of Rights was never ratified if you use the same methodology to compare the various versions that Bill Benson used for the 16th Amendment.
Demo.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Famspear wrote:under the protester's own theory,
Useless, because tax deniers wouldn't recognize "logic" or "consistent" if they were painted blue and biting them on the butt.

After all, how many tax deniers claim not to be "persons" within the meaning of the IRC even while claiming to be "persons" within the meaning of the 5th Amendment?
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.