Moderator: Burnaby49

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Re: Dean Clifford: Sentencing & Beyond

Post by Burnaby49 »

guilty wrote:
Hanslune wrote:
The Observer wrote:How about spending it all on ale and using it to lure Burnbaby into transcribing the transcripts by hand?
I think that instead of writing it down for us to read he should make a video of himself singing it.
Whilst dancing in a delightful onesie.
I note that you are not on my "pint with Burnaby49 list". Don't bother trying to sign up. The only mocker (as Ringo said, a combination of mods and rockers) I'm currently allowing any leeway is Peanut Gallery and that is only because his uncle owns a pub near our London hotel. But he can push me to far too.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

notorial dissent wrote:Three years, my, my. Yup ole Deano had them right where they wanted him. Buh bye Deano. Image
Now let's see if Dean's seemingly never ending ability to throw gasoline on the fire results in him getting in trouble in the big house.

It will be entertaining to see how the remaining Deaners (it seems there were a few at sentencing) conduct themselves.
goldenthroat86
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by goldenthroat86 »

My response to YouTube Deantards constantly accusing me of being a "shill" for telling the truth:

"The idea that the only way someone could POSSIBLY disagree with YOU is that they must be getting paid to do so is the ultimate arrogance."

Shuts them up every single time. :twisted:
Wake Up! Productions
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Wake Up! Productions »

Question:

If the total sentence was 3 years, but Dean only has 22 months left to serve, does he qualify to be sent to a Federal Prison?
DEAN CLIFFORD IS OUT OF PRISON !!! :shock:
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Re the Project Dean Clifford funds.

My thought is first, no rush. If Dean appeals he'll need to pay the first copy price and then we can get what we want cheap. Second, there is a chance there is going to be a written sentencing judgment. We will know that when the docket record finally gets updated. There is no point ordering a transcript for the Jan. 8, 2016 hearing if all that is is the judge reading out the judgment to Clifford.

I'd suggest that while transcripts are probably interesting the pre-sentence report would probably be even more interesting because that will provide concrete factual information on what Clifford has been up and his personal history. That should be an exhibit in the sentencing hearing - so it's not on the docket record, but it should be in the file. Transcript services can't provide that, but a Manitoba 'runner' service can pick that up.

I don't think the trial, oddly enough, will be all that interesting. It doesn't sound like Dean participated.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

so as a test i sent a pm on a forum thats freeman based linking the article about dean getting 3 years. the reply was some grumbling but yet not one damned person posted the link. that is lying by omission. that article should have made the rounds to every opca forum concerning dean by now. all of them; but no. they are doing the equivalent of hiding the truth and shunning reality.

so i think i will give them some more good news to ignore. dean will likely not get an appeal on the conviction due to any trial complications being his own fault. he is a self professed idiot and as such punishment is the only solution as idiots do not learn they are wrong or why. but they can learn consequences. as dean is doing. now lets for fun say dean appeals the sentence and the courts entertain the appeal. it can only go one way. more time. this is due to the mandatory minimum thus making it a waste of the courts time and the judge may have realized he was frustrated by the circus and by wiener dean. the sentence was already pronounced when the loudmouthed meatball got his contempt vacation. thus that is not any factor in sentencing. unless it was the last straw. in which case the judge may have went to light in terms of length of sentence and deem all charges should be consecutive or that due to the number of firearms and the storage there of a greater than minimum sentence should have been imposed. i hope he does appeal. im guessing it jumps to a cool five years for the idiot.

there are many cases of the sentence increasing on appeal. and we have a prime candidate for it in deaner 'the idiot' clifford.

peace,
ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
Hanslune

Post by Hanslune »

I have a picture in my mind of forlorn Dean sitting on a squeaky metal bunk, his head down shaking it slowly left to right

"But I told them I didn't consent".

"But I told them I wasn't a citizen".

"But I told them they had no jurisdiction".

"But I read my stuff on Youtube - are they barbarians"?
Wake Up! Productions

bmxninja357 wrote:that article should have made the rounds to every opca forum concerning dean by now. all of them; but no. they are doing the equivalent of hiding the truth and shunning reality.
Would you expect anything less?

I am pretty new to the rules of sentencing and appeals. I didn't know that an appeal could result in MORE time. You learn something new everyday.
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

you can appeal the conviction, the sentence or both. if you win a appeal on sentence all that means is you will be re-sentenced. the current sentence has no bearing at all on the new one. so it can and often does result in more time.

learning is fun.
cuz knowledge is power!

peace,
ninj
Hyrion

Post by Hyrion »

Hanslune wrote:I have a picture in my mind of forlorn Dean sitting on a squeaky metal bunk, his head down shaking it slowly left to right

Perhaps he'll just view the next 3 years as personal meditation time.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Lying by denial, would seem to be an old and honored tradition amongst the FOTL and sovcit sets, if you can't make it go away any other way, deny it exists or that you know anything about it. Otherwise known as the neener neener fingers in the ears magic buffalo dance.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

notorial dissent wrote:magic buffalo dance.
i believe it had a dance but buffalo was a stance. mind you i could never figure out what exactly it was....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWsRz3TJDEY

peace,
ninj
pigpot
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by pigpot »

Hyrion wrote:
Hanslune wrote:I have a picture in my mind of forlorn Dean sitting on a squeaky metal bunk, his head down shaking it slowly left to right

Perhaps he'll just view the next 3 years as personal meditation time.
I get it... I get it. Dean should have just shut up and accepted what some others told him that their opinion was fact,

Sorry I missed that one. The being born somewhere makes you something. :roll:
Boaz. It's a little like Shazam. It certainly meant a lot to Billy Batson.
Nothing in this post is legal or lawful advice, it is only used for the sake of entertainment.
All "rights" are reserved by this poster.
pigpot
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by pigpot »

Burnaby49 wrote:It doesn't sound like Dean participated.
Did Dean question jurisdiction in the "trial"? If so how and where (in the proceedings) would be interesting to know. I think he was taking the advice of Karl Lentz which is not the best advice to go with. Marc Stevens has had successes and well documented ones as well. Just type in Marc Stevens success stories into your browser and you'll see the page link.

Karl however... Not so. He's not big on proof.
Boaz. It's a little like Shazam. It certainly meant a lot to Billy Batson.
Nothing in this post is legal or lawful advice, it is only used for the sake of entertainment.
All "rights" are reserved by this poster.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Clifford's judgement information is out. Here's the data for the sentence hearing and 'fallout'

These relate to Dean;
94 12-Jan-2016 Winnipeg-QB
DISPOSITION SHEET - SENTENCING
MARTIN, J., 08JAN2016 FOUND GUILTY CTS 1-9, 11, 13, 14; KINEAPPLE SOP CT 10; FOUND NOT GUILTY CT 12; TIC 15 MNTHS; CT 11: 3 YEARS; CTS 1-5: 12 MNTHS CONC; CTS 6-9 & 13: 6 MNTH CONC; CT 14: 90 DAYS CONC; = 21 MONTHS JAIL; DNA; WEAPONS; FORFEITURE
95 12-Jan-2016 Winnipeg-QB
WARRANT OF COMMITTAL ON CONVCTION
96 12-Jan-2016 Winnipeg-QB
PROHIBITION ORDER WEAPONS/FIREARMS MANDATORY LIFETIME
97 12-Jan-2016 Winnipeg-QB
ORDER DNA MARTIN, J; 08JAN2016 DISCRETIONARY
These relate to the idiot in the Winnipeg Free Press who had a hissy-fit in court;
98 12-Jan-2016 Winnipeg-QB
WARRANT FOR COMMITTAL JORDEN DAWSON; 08JAN2016 CONTEMPT OF COURT
99 12-Jan-2016 Winnipeg-QB
WARRANT REMANDING A PRISONER JORDEN DAWSON
100 12-Jan-2016 Winnipeg-QB
ORDER FOR DISCHARGE- PRISONER (CUSTODY)
JORDEN DAWSON; 11JAN2016
As for the rest:

Count 10 was 'Kineappled', which means the offense was entirely subsumed in another conviction, so it becomes irrelevant. Dean was found not guilty of count 12.

TIC 15 means Dean spent 15 months in pre-trial custody - this is relevant for his credit for pre-sentence custody.

Dean appears to have been sentenced as follows:

Count 11 - 3 years incarceration served concurrent to:
Counts 1-5 - 12 months served concurrent to:
Counts 6-9 - 6 months served concurrent to:
Count 14 - 3 months served concurrent.

Overall sentence - 3 years - all the sentences are served at the same time. Clifford is ordered to provide DNA, and he is prohibited from owning firearms for the rest of his life.

There is no sign the conviction was with a reserved, written judgment. I think it's safe to presume an oral judgment was all that was issued. When we eventually use our GoFundMe riches to pull files I would suggest the priority data items are:

1 - The sentencing judgment for identifying exactly what led to the 3 year sentence and;

2 - commentary on why a 1/1.5 ratio sentence reduction does not appear to have occurred. This is VERY significant because this is the first ime I'm aware of that a Canadian court had not followed the usual sentence reduction/credit procedure for an OPCA litigant. I'm guessing it is because Dean was so disruptive throughout the entire process. That fuck-you judge video probably cost him.

3 - the pre-sentence report.

Wake Up! Productions

Burnaby49 wrote:Clifford's judgement information is out. Here's the data for the sentence hearing and 'fallout'
So the only charge Dean managed to beat was count 12, which was the Breech of Recognizance charge.

Count 10 was the only one that was 'Kineappled', and this was one of the firearm without a license charges.

Count 11 is the biggie, the 3 year sentence, and that one is the Prohibited Firearms charge.

As for the Pot charge, that was #14, which was only worth 3 months concurrent. It appears that Canada's latest stance on Pot may have played a role in this one.

To me, the best part of the whole deal is the LIFETIME BAN on owning firearms - how will he explain this away to his cult followers? Surely the ban won't matter to Dean at all - I mean, he has renounced his "shitizenship" right? Dean has created his own "society", so that lifetime ban is completely worthless - right? In his new "society" Dean can own all the guns he wants - right? :sarcasmon: :haha:

So, if the total sentence is 3 years, that breaks down to 36 months. He has already served 15 months. This means that Dean Has 21 months left to serve. If he does the whole stretch, his release should be around September 2017.

Should Dean get early release after serving 2/3rd's of his sentence (2 years), he could be out as early as September 8th of this year !!!
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Not sure how the hell they beat the recognizance charge, he was literally arrested in another province a thousand miles away. Unless there was no condition that he not leave the province.
RaccoonMother
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by RaccoonMother »

Prediction: If he gets out this year it will be because "They wanted to keep me here for a lifetime of solitary confinement and torture but they knew they couldn't because I have asserted my fee schedule and filed a revocation of shitizenship with HER MAJESTY!! They did not want to be liable to me for billions of dollars #winning"

Also if I recall a court sheriff once said "He'll never get out of here" so obviously any getting out = winning.

And the firearms thing he probably wont mention at all since his followers are more concerned about taxes and electrical bills than hunting or starting a militia.

Bonus prediction: "Now I am really starting the new society for real this time, cause this is ridiculous!"
Wake Up! Productions

Jeffrey wrote:Not sure how the hell they beat the recognizance charge, he was literally arrested in another province a thousand miles away. Unless there was no condition that he not leave the province.
The recognizance charge had to do with the November 5th raid on his house. It had nothing to do with being in Ontario at the end of the month.
... did fail without lawful excuse to comply with a condition of that recognizance, by being in possession of a firearm ...
Wake Up! Productions

RaccoonMother wrote:Prediction: If he gets out this year it will be because "They wanted to keep me here for a lifetime of solitary confinement and torture but they knew they couldn't because I have asserted my fee schedule and filed a revocation of shitizenship with HER MAJESTY!! They did not want to be liable to me for billions of dollars #winning"

Also if I recall a court sheriff once said "He'll never get out of here" so obviously any getting out = winning.

And the firearms thing he probably wont mention at all since his followers are more concerned about taxes and electrical bills than hunting or starting a militia.

Bonus prediction: "Now I am really starting the new society for real this time, cause this is ridiculous!"
Welcome RaccoonMother !

Good predictions. :snicker: