Brown Supporter Trial (even more)

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Scoop

Re: Brown Supporter Trial (even more)

Post by Scoop »

ErsatzAnatchist wrote:Will the jury be asked to continue to deliberate more on the Reno charge or has the Judge called a mistrial on the case against him? Any information on reactions from the Courtroom?
Can't write much because I've got to file, but the judge did instruct the jury to keep deliberating. They stayed until about 7:30 tonight and will be back in the morning.

There were two little courtroom outbursts--one from Joe Haas (you can read about it on nhfree) and one by Reno.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

CaptainKickback wrote:What I find ironic is that the blabbiest, most frivolous filing one of the lot was found guilty on all charges.
That shouldn't be a surprise.

With age and hard experience comes the wisdom to respond, not react; it's the opposite of what one should do in immediate life-or-death instances but there aren't many of those in a legal setting.

The phrase "no comment" isn't just a throw away line.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Scoop

Post by Scoop »

Demosthenes wrote:The chronology.

Jose took the stand and accepted an attorney.
Romeo took the stand and accepted an attorney.
Lauren Canario took the stand and testified.
Jim Johnson took the stand and testified.
Corinna Cooper took the stand and testified.
Jose took the stand a little later and said that he and his attorney hadn't finished talking.
Jose then took the 5th because the government would tell him in advance which questions would be asked.
Romeo took the stand and took the 5th.
Reno took the stand and testified.
Actually, I have it differently in my notes (was just checking to look up an old quote). What I have is that Jose did tell the judge he would take the 5th after Reno began testifying.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Leftcoaster wrote:
LPC wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:I was kidding, Dan. My "prediction" was the actual verdict, according to a text message I got from Scoop.
So the jury really thought that Reno might have gone to the Browns, and spent a lot of time walking around carrying guns, without ever intending to help the Browns?

Amazing.
It's possible that they've split on whether or not he's smart enough to actually conspire with anyone. From my following of the trial, and the lead up to it, it seems to me that the world spins just a little too quickly for Reno.
After watching a video of Reno being "interviewed" by some other idiot, I really began to wonder if Reno was legally insane. He really had no sense of right or wrong, no sense of reality, no sense at all period.

Perhaps the jury (or at least one member) got the same impression, and decided that they didn't have the cognitive ability to form "intent."
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Scoop wrote:Actually, I have it differently in my notes (was just checking to look up an old quote). What I have is that Jose did tell the judge he would take the 5th after Reno began testifying.
Is Demo messing with the space-time continuum again? :)
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Scoop wrote:
ErsatzAnatchist wrote:Will the jury be asked to continue to deliberate more on the Reno charge or has the Judge called a mistrial on the case against him? Any information on reactions from the Courtroom?
Can't write much because I've got to file, but the judge did instruct the jury to keep deliberating. They stayed until about 7:30 tonight and will be back in the morning.

There were two little courtroom outbursts--one from Joe Haas (you can read about it on nhfree) and one by Reno.
Nice article scoop! Thanks for all the info!

Edit: oop's! I see the thread has been locked. Didn't notice until I had posted...
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown