Updated CRS report on tax protesters

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Re: Updated CRS report on tax protesters

Post by LPC »

SteveSy wrote:I'm not the only one that thinks the Supreme Court has eviscerated the rule of uniformity.
Great. Find two more and you can play bridge.

Meanwhile, you've missed my point (of course). I wasn't suggesting a popular vote on the issue.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
SteveSy

Post by SteveSy »

LPC wrote:Meanwhile, you've missed my point (of course). I wasn't suggesting a popular vote on the issue.
I see your point, you think I'm going to the extreme by saying the uniformity clause has no meaning, it has been virtually eliminated from the constitution. Maybe you could be so kind as to explain to me, or anyone else, what uniformity means, or prohibits, in the constitution after Ptasynski?

What limits could there possibly be if doesn't mean geographic uniformity for a type thing? What limits can uniformity offer if congress class a thing so uniquely, like where oil comes from, so that uniformity isn't violated? I doubt you answer my question, you'll reply with something like how stupid I am and I wouldn't understand it anyway. Of course then maybe you have the same feeling for professor Lund. It's unlikely you can muster an answer that would sound reasonable and logical. It wouldn't be your fault, you're not the one that made the clause basically meaningless where no identifiable limits can be found or described. I also realize you feel you must try and save face for the legal system on issues like these when talking to people like me. Otherwise it might support my conclusions that current constitutional law is based on the words of the intellectually bankrupt.
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

What limits can uniformity offer if congress class a thing so uniquely, like where oil comes from, so that uniformity isn't violated?
But Congress cannot, in general, do that. You have misread the Ptasynski decision.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat