Latest on the :Brown Appeal

Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Re: Latest on the :Brown Appeal

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Despite the hurdles that need to be overcome, I think that the court-appointed attorney did a good job in her defense
Agreed.
- much better than either Ed or Elaine could have done.
Enormous understatment there!
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I agree as well, an immensely better, incredibly coherent, and sensible effort than any of the previous attempts at levity.

However, that having been said, to my non-legal mind, the first thing that comes to mind as I read through this is grasping at straws, and I don’t know if the straws are even there to be grasped at. I will leave that to the professionals here, and while it is definitely a much more realistic and a considerably more professional approach than previous attempts, I have a hard time believing that as big a trial as this was, that the judge would have let something like that slip by. I think the counsel du jour is trying to do the best she can with what she was dealt, but I am not sure if it will make any difference to the appeals court other than providing them with something coherent to deal with rather than the previous gibberish.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

much better than either Ed or Elaine could have done.
A retarded monkey having a seizure could do better than Ed or Elaine....
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

It's an excellent brief.

Affirmed.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

The above post brings to mind:

A sufficiently large number of monkeys, tapping away at typewriters, given enough time, would reproduce every piece of literature ever composed by human hands.

Based on reading court submissions by the Browns, SFBFKADMVP, and many of the others cited here, it appears that the sovereignoramuses have enlisted the services of the above-referenced pool of typists.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

wserra wrote:It's an excellent brief.

Affirmed.
Agreed on both. This was a pretty airtight case. Even if they could reverse as to some of the charges, Ed and Elaine will both likely still die in prison.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

My favorite bit:
The trial court’s ruling that Mr. Brown was competent forced Mrs. Brown to proceed to trial with an incompetent husband/codefendant. Mr. Brown’s lack of competency affected his ability to decide whether to testify, and his performance as a defense witness.
Demo.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Demosthenes wrote:My favorite bit:
The trial court’s ruling that Mr. Brown was competent forced Mrs. Brown to proceed to trial with an incompetent husband/codefendant. Mr. Brown’s lack of competency affected his ability to decide whether to testify, and his performance as a defense witness.
Well, I always knew it was wise to end up with a guy below your number....I just had no idea that number was IQ.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Demosthenes wrote:My favorite bit:
The fact that he was an ignorant, arrogant, narcissistic a***ole didn't help either.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

Will Ed be happy that his wife signed off on something directly stating that he's incompetent?

Probably not.

Should be good for some future fireworks.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

. wrote:Will Ed be happy that his wife signed off on something directly stating that he's incompetent?

Probably not.

He'll go bonkers, they'll have to lock him up! oh, wait a second.......
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

. wrote:Will Ed be happy that his wife signed off on something directly stating that he's incompetent?

Probably not.

Naw, the attorney is part of some grand conspiracy to keep them separated because, as we all know, Ed & Elaine have the kind of eternal true love that only two soul mates can have. The kind of love that spurs one to come up with an escape plan that involves killing the other and going into hiding.

ETA: We can all only hope to one day love someone so much we plot their demise.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Because nothing says love quite like planning to bullet in your wife's brain and then blowing up your home.
Demo.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Gregg wrote:

Probably not.

He'll go bonkers, they'll have to lock him up! oh, wait a second.......
Not to worry. Ed: Martyr is sitting in his cell, Suffering Nobly for The Cause, and certain that those evil, nasty horrible things his wife is saying about him are being said only because THEY force her to, in the hopes that they can break his (His?) will and make him abandon The Revealed Truth about the income tax....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

webhick wrote:

Probably not.

Naw, the attorney is part of some grand conspiracy to keep them separated because, as we all know, Ed & Elaine have the kind of eternal true love that only two soul mates can have. The kind of love that spurs one to come up with an escape plan that involves killing the other and going into hiding.

ETA: We can all only hope to one day love someone so much we plot their demise.
Suspicious minds are talking
tryin' to tear us apart,
They say that my love is wrong,
They don't know what love is
I know what love is
Randy Newman, You Can Leave Your Hat On
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

CaptainKickback wrote:Refusal to pay income taxes, followed by Federal charges, followed by his holing up in his house/pseudo fort, trial and conviction in absentia, 6 month stand off with federal marshals - complete with concerts, bar-b-ques, lots of firearms, explosives hung from trees, threats of violence
Yes, it's the typical American dream. Ed Brown got to live it. Most of us don't.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.