What about the wives (husbands)?

AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

What about the wives (husbands)?

Post by AndyK »

We've been following the prison escapades of Dr. Dino and the endless blathering of Pete and his acolytes, but I think we've been remiss in ignoring their (and other TP) spouses.

I may be totally wrong, but I seem to recall that Mrs Dr Dino basically threw her husband under the bus in Tax Court. The Court reduced income attributable to her to 50% of the total, thereby reducing her obligation to a mere $1,500,000. Also, I believe Mrs Dr Dino did about one year in prison for structuring violations.

The last I recall hearing of Mrs Pete, she was facing contempt charges for failing to file an acceptable tax return.

There are many other spouses out there whe we haven't tracked.

Anyone have any updates on any of them?
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: What about the wives (husbands)?

Post by notorial dissent »

AndyK, I think in the Dino case, that it is more correct to say that he threw her under the bus, rather than the other way around. as a result of his shenanigans and pretenses she got nailed for 50% of the total when she probably wasn’t really responsible for doing anything more than unknowingly doing what he asked her to do and not cutting him off at the knees when it all first started. He also turned her in to a jail bird as well for all her consideration. So I don’t think he has done her any great favors.

Schulz didn’t have a significant other, at least that I can remember, but seems to be working on dragging his none too unwilling son in to it with him, now there’s family that sticks together.

As to Mrs Prevaricatin’ Pete, he did pretty well throw her under the bus, and then she made an extra try when she got to court on her own. At this point in the game, IIRC, isn’t she looking at some serious alone time herself if she doesn’t quit listening to the legal advice of “video arcade manager man”?

So far, Mullet Man’s wife seems to have stuck by him, but he was such a minor player that there wasn’t too much trouble he could get her in to, and he made a point of advertising that it was all him anyway.

We all know that Elaine is serving a life sentence for listening to her love mate.

I rather suspect, that these are the exception rather than the rule as it seems that the level of divorce in these little groups is rather high, and I think the other half generally tends to depart when they realize the road to despair their spouse has set his foot on.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Re: What about the wives (husbands)?

Post by grixit »

I think the cohorts of Ed and Elaine had family.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4