Major Victory!

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Truthstalker

Major Victory!

Post by Truthstalker »

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Major Victory!

In the U.S. v. Moran, 05-30215 and 05-30226 (9th Circuit. The case was thrown out and the conviction was overturned! Hur rah!!!!

This case was thrown out on the grounds that the trial judge prohibited the defendants from introducing testimony about how their beliefs was based “among other things on opinions from a CPA and outside experts.”

It is in my book….April 15th – The Fear Factor.

In the Larken Rose case, if he did not object to his judge ruling at the time, MOST IMPORTANT, the Appeals court will not overturn. I hope he did.

We, in the movement, should not lose another case!

More to come!

Bob Graham Sr
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

The 9th Circuit's opinion can be found at http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/ca9/newopin ... penelement

I wonder what Bob will report when they are convicted on remand?

Edited to add: I just noticed that the remand was in April. Does anyone know the current status?
Last edited by Quixote on Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Re: Major Victory!

Post by LPC »

In the U.S. v. Moran, 05-30215 and 05-30226 (9th Circuit. The case was thrown out and the conviction was overturned! Hur rah!!!!
Actually, the convictions were vacated and remanded for a new trial.

This is Anderson Ark stuff, and fairly old news, because the 9th Circuit originally ruled back in April, and denied the government's motion for rehearing, but amending their opinion, on July 7.

The original opinion was posted here with the title Anderson Ark Couple Get Reprieve from the 9th, and the only comment was from Dr. C, who agreed with the court. (So do I, for what it's worth.)
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Quixote wrote:Does anyone know the current status?
Trial scheduled for December 3.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

The original opinion was posted here with the title Anderson Ark Couple Get Reprieve from the 9th, and the only comment was from Dr. C, who agreed with the court. (So do I, for what it's worth.)
Du musst Caligari werden!
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)