I think Chiropractors and Dentists are now tied for the year

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

I think Chiropractors and Dentists are now tied for the year

Post by Demosthenes »

Sentenced to Prison for Tax Evasion Save Email Print

Posted: 9:34 PM Sep 7, 2007
Last Updated: 9:34 PM Sep 7, 2007

0 comments

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A | A | A LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) _ A 38-year-old chiropractor and his wife were sentenced to prison Friday for tax evasion after they failed to file tax returns from 1998 to 2000.

A U.S. District judge sentenced Mark Gustafson, 38, and Salwa Gustafson, 46, to 30 months imprisonment.

Mark Gustafson will serve his term first, and Salwa will begin her term after her husband's release. Judge Lyle Strom staggered the sentences to allow for one parent to be with their child.

Each will also serve three years of supervised release.

A jury convicted the Gustafsons of tax evasiontotalingg about $170,000. The U.S. Attorney's office says they also used sham business trusts and offshore accounts conceal money from Mark Gustafson's Lincoln chiropractic practice.
Demo.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

It was really nice of the judge to stagger the sentences so the kid doesn't have to be transplanted to a relative's home or foster care.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

webhick wrote:It was really nice of the judge to stagger the sentences so the kid doesn't have to be transplanted to a relative's home or foster care.
I believe that Larken and Tessa Rose received similar consideration. They were so grateful, they stopped referring to the judge as a "black-robed thug" and started calling him a "corrupt tyrant."
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Weathervane

Re: I think Chiropractors and Dentists are now tied for the

Post by Weathervane »

Demosthenes wrote: A jury convicted the Gustafsons of tax evasiontotalingg about $170,000. The U.S. Attorney's office says they also used sham business trusts and offshore accounts conceal money from Mark Gustafson's Lincoln chiropractic practice.
Foul!

This one needs to be disc-qualified from the tally.

Without any signs of TP frivolity, they appear to be plain old tax cheats and not a kool-aid drinkers.

Or are we differentiating?
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Sorry, Tommy. I verified TP status prior to posting it in this forum.

They were using Pure Trusts.
Demo.
Weathervane

Post by Weathervane »

Rats.

I need to fix this race a bit.

How about I sponsor an ad in Dentistry Today on behalf of Bob Schulz?
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

"It's stinkin' in Lincoln."

~ Expression used by former Big 8 football fans whenever the Cornhuskers lost a game.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
tracer
Order of the Llama - Senior Division

Post by tracer »

Chiropractors, susceptible to believing in things that fly in the face of reality?

Say it isn't so!