Quatloos and Dan Evans make Fox

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Quatloos and Dan Evans make Fox

Post by Joey Smith »

- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Along with a certain "Steve Kassel". Does anybody remember "Renaissance, The Tax People"?

Doesn't Fox research anything?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

wserra wrote:Along with a certain "Steve Kassel". Does anybody remember "Renaissance, The Tax People"?

Doesn't Fox research anything?
The author of the article asked me if I knew him, and I said the name was familiar, but I couldn't think where I'd heard it.

Thanks for reminding me.

I've sent an email to the author, letting her know that Kassel escaped criminal liability, but was subject to civil penalties under section 6700 for promoting an abusive tax shelter. Steven H. Kassel v. United States, No. 06-3273 (USDC ND Ca. 6/29/2007), on appeal, No. 07-16355 (9th Cir.).

It appears that Kassel was silly enough to sue the IRS to try to get a refund of penalties paid, but the government counter-sued and won a judgment for additional penalties, with interest, in excess of $25,000.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.