Jeremiah Wright - tax dodger?

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Paths of the Sea
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Jeremiah Wright - tax dodger?

Post by Paths of the Sea »

I noticed that the following link indicates that Jeremiah Wright has a $48,000.00 tax lien outstanding:

http://webofdeception.com/#taxlien

Anybody know the story of that? Sorry if I missed it.

Also, how might that, if correct, figure in to how he's structured his acquisition of a multi-million dollar retirement house in Tinley Park?

Sincerely,
Maury enthusiast!
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Re: Jeremiah Wright - tax dodger?

Post by grixit »

Once again. The White Man's POI-sonous words. Are being POURED into our COM-munity with evil intent!
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

A notice of lien doesn't necessarily indicate that a person is a tax dodger. There could be a number of legitimate reasons why a taxpayer was uable to to pay their taxes and the goverment recorded the notice.

In the case of the information provided on the web site, I note the collection statute assessment would have expired last year, thus meaning that the lien is unenforceable (unless there were exceptions that would have extended the statute and allowed the IRS to refile the lien notice).

And there could be a number of reasons why the tax lien may not have encumbered the real property. There just doesn't appear to enough facts present to make any sort of speculation one way or the other.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Paths of the Sea

Post by Paths of the Sea »

The following website has a note indicating the details of the tax lien will be provided "next week":

http://webofdeception.com

I thought someone here might provide the details sooner.

Sincerely,
Maury enthusiast!
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Paths of the Sea wrote:The following website has a note indicating the details of the tax lien will be provided "next week":

http://webofdeception.com

I thought someone here might provide the details sooner.

Sincerely,
Maury enthusiast!
Only if they have inside information regarding the details of why Wright ended up owing taxes. The government won't be revealing anything due to the disclosure laws, so you are going to have to hope that someone with Wright's financial information is spilling their guts to the website.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

In the case of the information provided on the web site, I note the collection statute assessment would have expired last year, thus meaning that the lien is unenforceable (unless there were exceptions that would have extended the statute and allowed the IRS to refile the lien notice).
If IRS had refiled the lien, unlikely given the amount of the assessment, the refiled lien would have been filed with the original. It's possible that whoever was searching the county records did not recognize the significance of the refiled lien. It seems more likely, given the motivation for the search, that information on the refiled lien would have been posted as if it were a separate lien. All things considered, I doubt the lien was refiled.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Quixote wrote:
If IRS had refiled the lien, unlikely given the amount of the assessment, the refiled lien would have been filed with the original.
I don't know that to be the absolute rule. In various searches of county records I have found lien filings and refilings to be ordered by date when the recorder's office is using microfiche as a public search tool. If you mean that the original paper documents are filed together, that may very well be - I have never been in a county recorder office where the public was given access to original documents.
It's possible that whoever was searching the county records did not recognize the significance of the refiled lien. It seems more likely, given the motivation for the search, that information on the refiled lien would have been posted as if it were a separate lien. All things considered, I doubt the lien was refiled.
I wouldn't consider the issue of the dollar amount to be the deciding reason whether the lien notice would be worth refiling - the real reason to refile the notice would be if the tax lien was actually attaching to property with an equity position for the government.

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Looking at the lien information again, I misspoke about the statute expiration date. I was looking at the filing date of the notice and mistook it for the assessment date. So until I can actually see a copy of the notice itself, for all we know the tax lien could have expired (or was otherwise satisfied) prior to the 2005 sale date of the property.

The thing to keep in mind here is the notice of federal tax lien is considered under operation of law to be a self-releasing lien at the time that the collection statute expires. The government is not required to file a notice about the expiration of the lien. So in effect the notice can (and will) sit on the recorder's list for the next 150 years - but it doesn't mean the lien is in effect.