Jerry Koosman

VinnyZ
Scalawag
Scalawag

Jerry Koosman

Post by VinnyZ »

Mr. Koosman was release from prison on 6/30.

Before he was released, apparently Jerry commented to other prisoners how his prison uniform will be worth $10,000 on the streets of New York so he was taking it with him.

I hope he realizes that this money is taxable! 8)
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Re: Jerry Koosman

Post by grixit »

I don't think you could get that much for Nelson Mandela's prison uniform.

But regardless, with an attitude like that, there's yet another Hero of the People, who'll soon be back inside and adding value to still more outfits.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

VinnyZ wrote:Mr. Koosman was release from prison on 6/30.

Before he was released, apparently Jerry commented to other prisoners how his prison uniform will be worth $10,000 on the streets of New York so he was taking it with him.
Funny -- so many of the sports memorabilia shops I used to see around me are gone. It will be interesting to see if Koosman gets anything remotely close to that amount, given the state of the market....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Cpt Banjo
Fretful leader of the Quat Quartet

Post by Cpt Banjo »

Koosman should form a partnership with Pete Rose, another noted tax cheat.
"Run get the pitcher, get the baby some beer." Rev. Gary Davis
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

A very large part of Pete Rose memorabilia was purchased by a dealer here in Cincinnati over his late career, he was a quick source of cash for a guy who was literally hiding from bookies while he was at the same time the most famous man in town and making legitimately about a million a year or more. Anyway, this guy runs a sports stuff business and his gallery is dominated to this day by Pete Rose stuff. (He says he might be the only one who knows his stuff is genuine, he never took an autograph that wasn't signed in his presence).
Anyhow, I kind of know the guy, and he has told me that most of the stuff he won't make his money back on, although he does have certain pieces that will cover him for all the rest. He has the Corvette that GM gave Pete when he hit #4192, the jersey Pete wore and the bat he used for Pete's last hit (4253 ?) and I do think he might have a uniform Pete wore at Marion, now that you mention it....
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.