Dumb Hendricksonian Quiz

wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Dumb Hendricksonian Quiz

Post by wserra »

I just ran across a site (which some brave anonymous Crackhead registered through Domains by Proxy) containing a 20-question quiz purportedly about the federal income tax. Go ahead, take it, you know you're curious.

I answered the first several questions based on the actual law, and got them all "wrong". I then switched to answering based on The Law According to Pete, and got them all "right" - except for a couple of incomprehensible queries that I didn't have the patience to try to parse and just guessed at. You can even "correctly" answer the questions about the 1862 income tax - I mean, other than legal historians, who cares about the 1862 income tax - just by knowing the Crackhead answer.

Ending, of course, with the ubiquitous plea for money.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Re: Dumb Hendricksonian Quiz

Post by Imalawman »

wserra wrote:I just ran across a site (which some brave anonymous Crackhead registered through Domains by Proxy) containing a 20-question quiz purportedly about the federal income tax. Go ahead, take it, you know you're curious.

I answered the first several questions based on the actual law, and got them all "wrong". I then switched to answering based on The Law According to Pete, and got them all "right" - except for a couple of incomprehensible queries that I didn't have the patience to try to parse and just guessed at. You can even "correctly" answer the questions about the 1862 income tax - I mean, other than legal historians, who cares about the 1862 income tax - just by knowing the Crackhead answer.

Ending, of course, with the ubiquitous plea for money.
Ok, I couldn't make it all the way through. You would think that Sec. 62 is idiot proof - I guess not.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

It's impossible to idiot-proof almost anything. The idiots are too damn creative.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

This reminds me of the "free personality tests" that I remember the Scientologists offering in the 70s and 80s. Their gimmick was that they were using an old test, created in the early 50s, which had questions like "opportunities for young people are greater than ever before", with the usual range of "strongly disagree" to "strongly agree" for answers; and also that they turned the scale of answers on its side.

My wife, then a clinical social worker, pointed out to me that most psychologically healthy people would have most of their answers in the middle of the scale (otherwise, they would be either manic or depressive); but the Scientologists, by turning the scale on end, would "prove" to you that your answers were not as high, on the scale, as they might be -- and they had just the thing to help get your answers up there.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
wserra

Post by wserra »

Imalawman wrote:You would think that Sec. 62 is idiot proof
"Nothing is idiot-proof. The universe can always create a bigger idiot."
- Anonymous
- David Hume
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

To paraphrase George Santayana: Those who cannot remember stupid tax denier quizzes are condemned to repeat them.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Ah, well.

"If you read Quatloos long enough, the delusions of all frickentards will float by."
- Quatloosian proverb
- David Hume
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

LPC wrote:To paraphrase George Santayana: Those who cannot remember stupid tax denier quizzes are condemned to repeat them.
I thought this was somewhat familiar. But, Wes' Quatloos proverb is very accurate.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Harvester

Post by Harvester »

I scored 18 my first go round; of course I can ace it now. Anyway it needs a 21st question.

21. Is your wallet full of federal privilege, or lawful money?
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

It also needs a 22nd question:

Are you currently sitting in Club Fed because you put into practice what you learned from this quiz?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Harvester wrote:I scored 18 my first go round; of course I can ace it now. Anyway it needs a 21st question.

21. Is your wallet full of federal privilege, or lawful money?
I can ace the quiz too, if I want. All I have to do is forget everything I ever learned about the actual law, and answer the quiz based on the Hendricksonians' deeply held fantiasies about what they would like the law to be.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
LOBO

Post by LOBO »

Imalawman wrote:
LPC wrote:To paraphrase George Santayana: Those who cannot remember stupid tax denier quizzes are condemned to repeat them.
I thought this was somewhat familiar. But, Wes' Quatloos proverb is very accurate.

I thought someone posted on an old thread until I looked at the posting date.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Harvester wrote:21. Is your wallet full of federal privilege, or lawful money?
Yes.
- David Hume
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

wserra wrote:
Yes.
22. Will you give me some?
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Harvester

Post by Harvester »

wserra wrote:
Harvester wrote:21. Is your wallet full of federal privilege,...?
Yes.
That, in a nutshell, is why you pay taxes easily avoided and we don't. It's also why we don't vacation in Club Fed and freely roam the internet.
:mrgreen:
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Harvester wrote:21. Is your wallet full of federal privilege,...?
Yes.

Harvester wrote: That, in a nutshell, is why you pay taxes easily avoided and we don't. It's also why we don't vacation in Club Fed yet and freely roam the internet.
:mrgreen:[/quote]
Last edited by Pottapaug1938 on Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Harvester wrote:
wserra wrote:
Yes.
Yet another bozo who misquotes. The part Harvey chopped is added back in, in red.
That, in a nutshell, is why you pay taxes easily avoided and we don't.
Well, no. The actual reason is that I prefer providing my family with a lifestyle that cleaning pools and chopping firewood for cash doesn't permit.
It's also why we don't vacation in Club Fed and freely roam the internet.
Hiding behind anonymizers the whole time. Why is that necessary for the brave patriot who is only following the law?
There! Now John Bull can read my name without his spectacles.
No John Hancock for Harvey.
- David Hume
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Harvester wrote:It's also why we don't vacation in Club Fed and freely roam the internet.
Really? Then perhaps you need to break that news to Mr. Hendrickson. For some strange reason, he is sitting in Club Fed right now; not only did he "ace" that test, he also put it into practice. Maybe you could show him here he went wrong.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

The Observer wrote:
Harvester wrote:It's also why we don't vacation in Club Fed and freely roam the internet.
Really? Then perhaps you need to break that news to Mr. Hendrickson. For some strange reason, he is sitting in Club Fed right now; not only did he "ace" that test, he also put it into practice. Maybe you could show him here he went wrong.
Many of these crooks do delude themselves into "believing" that they're smarter than the tax denier "gurus" like Pete Hendrickson, Irwin Schiff, Lynne Meredith, Bill Benson, Larken Rose, etc.

I suspect that Harvester/johnthetaxist/Libre/Nationwide/Harvey the Hamster still claims to believe that he's "winning" his imaginary battle with the evil government and the evil banksters -- which of course means only that the Internal Revenue Service presumably isn't after him -- yet.

Over at losthorizons, "SkankBeat" was humiliated by his fellow crooks. He slithered off into the shadows for awhile, but in the past few weeks he's been back there in full force, pontificating with his wackadooster nonsense as though there's no tomorrow. In terms of Bombastic Bloviational Blowhardiness, SkankBeat continues to give Patrick Michael ("every time I lose it proves Pete is right") Mooney and Pete ("Blowhard") Hendrickson some meaningful competition.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Famspear wrote:Many of these crooks do delude themselves into "believing" that they're smarter than the tax denier "gurus" like Pete Hendrickson, Irwin Schiff, Lynne Meredith, Bill Benson, Larken Rose, etc.

Actually that part I don't have any problem with, in fact they may well be "smarter" than the dis-honor roll above, really wouldn't take much all things considered, but they are still not smart enough to see that they are walking barehanded into a bear pit with eau de hamburger as a cologne. Although the "it'll never happen to me" fantasy seems to be a common thread with the whole lot of them.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.