ASTPS.org

LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

ASTPS.org

Post by LPC »

Got the following email from Julie at astps.org:
Dear Daniel,

Purchase LG Brooks' Super Advanced session Frivolous Tax Arguments for 30% off now until Friday. Additional details below.

Original Price: $189.00
Sale Price: $113.40
Member Price: $107.73

30% Off Order Form Here

You have heard of frivolous tax arguments (FTA), but do you really know what a FTA is? Frivolous Tax Arguments are a Challenge to the American Tax System.Surprisingly, numerous taxpayers pose FTAs at an alarming rate. A wide range of inappropriate contentions are made including: filing of a federal tax return is voluntary, the payment of federal income tax is voluntary, and (believe this one or not) taxpayers can reduce their federal income tax liability by filing a zero return.Â

Unscrupulous tax advisors and tax preparers that have no respect for the administration of our American tax system typically promote FTAs. Taxpayers are duped regarding the legal basis of frivolous tax arguments. The duped taxpayer is unaware of the crippling tax penalties they will incur and the potential for criminal prosecution. After three entertaining and informative hours with LG, you will have grown a solid understanding of FTAs and what clients to avoid. LG will use relevant real-life scenarios to make this important topic clear and understandable.

30% Off Order Form Here

Sincerely,
ASTPS
julie@astps.org

If you no longer want to receive emails from Julie Anderson, please Opt-Out.
ASTPS is the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers, which claims to be a non-profit organization whose mission is "to provide Members with resources that will elevate their ability to provide taxpayers with competent representation before the IRS and other taxing authorities."

And it looks to be legit, but I have to admit that the "tone" reminds me a lot of tax denier "organizations."
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: ASTPS.org

Post by The Observer »

Have to wonder if they "borrowed" any material from your well-researched FAQ.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Not only from your website but also from the IRS's compilation (free on the internet). That price of $189 seems outrageous for info that is now mostly free.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

fortinbras wrote:Not only from your website but also from the IRS's compilation (free on the internet). That price of $189 seems outrageous for info that is now mostly free.
You're forgetting, this is the Super Advanced session . Quality costs money.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
jredison
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by jredison »

I can't vouch for what they're offering here (which is now 40% off) but I did attend 5 or 6 ASTPS seminars a few years ago. At that time they offered good seminars for those practitioners offering representation services. I'm not sure of the quality of the group now as I haven't been a member since 2008.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

I received the same Email promotion from them today. I wonder how they got my Email address.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Post by jcolvin2 »

Famspear wrote:I received the same Email promotion from them today. I wonder how they got my Email address.
If you have a PTIN, the IRS is required to make certain info about you available to FOIA requesters. The IRS sells CDs with this info (all PTIN holders in the country) for $30.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Do they know that you wrote the book on frivolous arguments.... literally?
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"