Shrout, Winston

The purpose of this board is to track the status of activity, cases, and ultimately the incarceration or fines against TP promoters and certain high-profile TPs.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Shrout, Winston

Post by notorial dissent »

The super duper omniscient aliens seem to be consistently real good at telling their "enlightened" followers what they want to hear, but not so good at helping out when their advice comes up snake eyes. Would seem to be a universal constant with these things.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

notorial dissent wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:36 pmThe super duper omniscient aliens seem to be consistently real good at telling their "enlightened" followers what they want to hear, but not so good at helping out when their advice comes up snake eyes.
Well, they are reptilians . . .
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Jeffrey »

Dawn of the final day. We gonna wager on how sentencing will go? Will he even show up?
benlowrey
Swabby
Swabby

Post by benlowrey »

I recon they’ll make an example.
He’s the ring leader of so many tax protestors.
It will send a clear message.

To be clear, taxation is theft, I’m just saying what I think the government will do. Which is why it’s silly to pick a fight with them

Or his aliens will come and rescue him of course.
I feel like the time to make jokes about A4Ving the judgment has long past.

There isn’t many left after this.
Guy Taylor is dead.
PoE doesn’t get any views he’s already peaked.
Karl Lentz is slowly being tormented to death by Doazic.
Menard and clifford have sloped off quietly.
The sun has set on the golden era of whakos
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Winston's sentencing memo for the curious:

https://www.scribd.com/document/3912983 ... Memorandum

Summary:
The United States recommends a sentence in this case of at least twenty years imprisonment (240 months), which represents a sentence below the advisory Guidelines range and appropriately accounts for each of the statutory factors
Wake Up! Productions

Post by Wake Up! Productions »

Wow, 20 years. But is this historically accurate?

I heard on Fox News, Tucker Carlson stating about the Paul Manifort case that the average sentence for tax evasion is 1.5 years. Just curious.
DEAN CLIFFORD IS OUT OF PRISON !!! :shock:
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

You're forgetting the trillions in fake bonds he issued. Not to be conspiratorial, but on page 16 there's a hint that prosecutors received some tips about Shrout's YouTube shenanigans.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

The major counts were financial instrument fraud and attendant crimes which EACH carry a serious sentence, the tax charges were less serious, if I remember right. The financial fraud is what really hurts.

I do wonder if they seriously think he'll live to get "supervised release"?

I don't think Winny is going to be happy with this. I wonder if he'll show up for sentencing.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
wserra

Post by wserra »

benlowrey wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:14 pmTo be clear, taxation is theft
Of course it isn't. By definition, theft is an unlawful taking. There are all sorts of takings which are lawful, and therefore not theft. Taxation is one of those.

Unless you're one of the people who writes his own dictionary, then cites it as authority.
- David Hume
ScottComstock
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ScottComstock »

Shrout's own sentencing memorandum is up on CourtListener.

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov ... .158.0.pdf
Mr. Shrout respectfully recommends that the Court impose the following sentence: one day
imprisonment, followed by a maximum, five-year term of supervised release that includes special
conditions such as 12 months of home detention, 160 hours of community service, and restitution
(in an amount to be determined); no fine; and a $1,450 special fee assessment.
Why don't we just give him the keys to the city & a pony while we're at it?
/s
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

For future reference: looks like the governments memo didn’t get up on Recap because I downloaded it along with the attachments together. Have to download them individually for them to get uploaded apparently.
ScottComstock
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ScottComstock »

Jeffrey wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:12 pm For future reference: looks like the governments memo didn’t get up on Recap because I downloaded it along with the attachments together. Have to download them individually for them to get uploaded apparently.
I ran into the same problem when I started downloading the Leighton Ward and Anthony Troy Williams papers earlier this year.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Wake Up! Productions wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:48 pmI heard on Fox News,
The same Fox News that proclaimed that Santa was white? That suggested that Obama and Michelle bumping fists after a rally was a terrorist symbol? That rape doesn't happen on college campuses? That Fox News?
Tucker Carlson stating about the Paul Manifort case that the average sentence for tax evasion is 1.5 years. Just curious.
That's ridiculous on so many levels it's hard to know where to start. The Guideline sentence for tax evasion depends directly on the amount of the contemplated revenue loss. Is Carlson conflating cases with a $10K loss with cases with a $500M loss? Where does he get "1.5 years" in the first place? Moreover, Manafort was not only convicted of tax evasion, but bank fraud as well. Evasion carries a max of five years (26 U.S.C. § 7201); bank fraud (18 U.S.C. § 1344) carries a max of thirty.

In case someone hasn't figured it out yet, if Carlson said that, he's an idiot.
- David Hume
benlowrey
Swabby
Swabby

Post by benlowrey »

I just read the prosecutions recommendation for sentencing. Wow. I was surprised/sad to learn several people in his inner circle including relatives have also been sentenced and imprisoned after following his ideas. He is f***ed.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

https://twitter.com/maxoregonian/status ... 90467?s=21

Ten years for Shrout, low but still effectively a life sentence.
wserra

Post by wserra »

The minutes:
Minutes of Proceedings: Sentencing Hearing before Judge Robert E. Jones as to Defendant Winston Shrout (USM #78953-065). Defendant appeared out of custody. Defendant sentenced. See Formal Judgment. Defendant advised of right to appeal. Restitution to be determined within thirty days. ORDER: The defendant shall surrender for service of sentence at the institution designated by the Bureau of Prisons by Monday, November 25, 2018 by 2 p.m. Counsel Present for Plaintiff: Stuart A. Wexler, Lee Langston. Counsel Present for Defendant: Ruben L. Iniguez. (USPO Present: Theresa Fuchs)
The real question: does Shrout show for the self-surrender? Very good chance that, whenever he goes in, he doesn't emerge alive. I bet that Giraffe Tuchas would show up through sentencing, and she did (she was remanded at sentence). I bet that Shrout would show up as well, through today, and he did. The real temptation starts now, though. It must be tough to show up knowing that, once the gate slams, you're likely there for life.
- David Hume
benlowrey
Swabby
Swabby

Post by benlowrey »

I’m really irritated by him.
We have no idea how many people lost their houses and wrecked their lives as a result of his nonsense.
Not once did he back down or admit any fault. He kept giving those interviews and assuring people he had the government on the back foot, all the way to the end. I can’t hold him totally responsible but my own bankruptcy and driving license problems was in part encouraged by him and others.
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Post by jcolvin2 »

DOJ Press release:
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/oregon-t ... uments-and

Department of Justice
Office of Public Affairs
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Monday, October 22, 2018

Oregon Tax Fraud Promoter Sentenced to Prison for Sending Fraudulent Financial Instruments and Failing to File Tax Returns

A Hillsboro, Oregon, tax fraud promoter was sentenced to ten years in prison today for submitting fraudulent financial instruments to financial institutions and the U.S. Treasury and failing to file income tax returns, announced Principal Deputy Assistant Attorney General Richard E. Zuckerman of the Justice Department’s Tax Division.

According to court documents and evidence presented at his April 2017 jury trial, from approximately 2008 through 2015, Winston Shrout, 70, created and submitted more than 300 fraudulent financial instruments with the intent of defrauding financial institutions and the U.S. Treasury. Shrout held seminars and private meetings to promote and market the use of these fraudulent financial instruments to pay off debts, including federal taxes. Shrout sold recordings of his seminars, templates for fraudulent financial instruments and other materials through his website.

The evidence presented at trial also proved that Shrout failed to file his 2009 through 2014 tax returns despite earning substantial income from seminars, licensing fees associated with the sale of his products and annual pension payments. Shrout admitted during trial that he had not paid income tax for at least twenty years.

In addition to the term of imprisonment, U.S. District Judge Robert E. Jones ordered Shrout to serve five years of supervised release and pay restitution to the IRS.

Principal Deputy Assistant Attorney General Zuckerman commended special agents of IRS–Criminal Investigation, who conducted the investigation, and Trial Attorneys Stuart Wexler and Lee Langston of the Tax Division, who prosecuted the case. Principal Deputy Assistant Attorney General Zuckerman also thanked the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Oregon for their support during the investigation and prosecution of this case.

Additional information about the Tax Division and its enforcement efforts may be found on the division’s website.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

From the Oregon Live article linked above:
Shrout, wearing a blue plaid shirt and khaki pants, stood and told the judge, "I'm very sorry this whole thing happened. ... At trial, I took full responsibility for everything I've done. I certainly have no intention in continuing on in the matters that seem objectionable to the court. If I have offended anyone in any matter, then I ask for your forgiveness."
The "matters that seem objectionable to the court"? The "matters that seem objectionable to the court"? Is that how you characterize all this?

Winston, baby, don't you mean the C-R-I-M-E-S for which you were convicted ???

You have "no intention in continuing on" with these matters?

Oh, NOW you say that? Now that you're facing a ten year sentence in The Graybar Hotel?

:|
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet