Shrout, Winston

The purpose of this board is to track the status of activity, cases, and ultimately the incarceration or fines against TP promoters and certain high-profile TPs.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Re: Shrout, Winston

Post by Famspear »

jonny sunday wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:41 pm I think I'm banned from commenting because of a differing opinion.
No, you don't think that at all.

You do know why you're in moderated status, though.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
benlowrey
Swabby
Swabby

Post by benlowrey »

I have podcast guests on a range of topics, similar to Rogan, but since I spent about 3 years in the Freeman / Sovcit world I’m keen to discuss Winston’s inevitable incarceration. I purchased his DVDs and got suckered by all the A4V and Birth certificate Bond shit so I’m quite passionate about warning others away from it.
I had Dean Clifford, Gordon Hall, Brandon Adams, Marc Stevens, and yes.. the mighty Jonny Sunday, on my podcast back in the day when I was into it.
When Winston first got convicted I did a conversation with Doazic. https://youtu.be/TUYFDiw1cWg
Here is my website www.benlowrey.com
If anybody wants to come on the call and unpack and reminisce the whole Winston Saga i‘d be keen to
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

benlowrey wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:40 pm It’s amazing how long this has dragged out
In the United States, even a non-criminal case with almost no non-frivolous issues to be resolved can drag out. Example: The latest Peter Hendrickson tax protester case (extensively covered in other threads in this forum), which was commenced in the U.S. Tax Court around March of 2014, was only just concluded in February of this year (Hendrickson v. Commissioner, case no. 006863-14). That took nearly five years -- with only one non-frivolous argument having been presented by the petitioners, Pete and Doreen Hendrickson. This nearly five year period doesn't even count the time to be spent in the appeals process, and I believe Hendrickson has said he intends to appeal.

EDIT: And, hey, what about the case of Estate of Michael Jackson v. Commissioner, no. 017152-13, U.S. Tax Court?!!?! That case was commenced on July 26, 2013, and a trial was held February 6 through 24 of 2017. Here we are in March of 2019, and the case is still open, after five and a half years.

The Michael Jackson Estate currently has no less than ten attorneys in this case, and the government has six attorneys. Charles P. Rettig was one of the attorneys for the Estate until last June, until he left to take some government job......

It's sooooooo good to see that lots of tax lawyers are gainfully employed......

:)

Speaking of the late Michael Jackson, I understand that he has been sort of in the news again, in the past few days.

:|
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

Criminal cases tend to move much faster than civil cases. Shrout's case wasn't quick, but it was faster than a similarly complex civil case would have been, IMO.

What's unusual about his case was the incredible length of time between conviction and reporting to custody. I think about two years, right?

Not my field of expertise, but I think that's extremely unusual.

Most of the delay was for various medical treatments for him and his wife. Hopefully they got everything resolved.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Gannibal wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:07 amNot my field of expertise, but I think that's extremely unusual.
Yes, it's unusual for a non-cooperating defendant. But Shrout is not the usual non-cooperating defendant. As I've written before, given that he is (1) elderly, (2) non-violent and (3) ill, the delay is understandable.
Hopefully they got everything resolved.
Not "hopefully" if you're Shrout.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

For some who followed Winston Shrout
There can be very little doubt:
They’ll fuss and fume, and pine and pout.
Once he’s in jail, they’ll fret about
The fact he just ain’t gettin’ out
Until he serves his sentence there.
“Oh, why? Oh, why? It’s so unfair!”
In Commerce, Winston sold “Solutions” --
Scammed his marks for contributions.
What he sold, alas, was phony --
Falderal and Big Baloney.
NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by NYGman »

so is he a) Dead, b) in custody after turning himself in or c) on the lamb?
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

NYGman wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:09 am so is he a) Dead, b) in custody after turning himself in or c) on the lamb?
The Federal Bureau of Prisons web site still shows him as "not in custody" as of about 8:55 pm Central time on Wednesday, March 6, 2019. But, it's possible that he's already in custody and the web site has not been updated yet.

So, we don't know his current status.
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

The locator tends to lag, I think.

Shrout has been uncharacteristically silent since his sentencing. So if he is on the lam, we're not going to get a live on-the-air broadcast discussing it, as Sean David Morton did. But for what it's worth, his most commonly-used media outlet (The Goldfish Report) seems to be radio silent about him.

By far the most likely explanation is that the inmate locator is behind the times. They probably don't update it until intake is finished and the inmate has a semi-permanent assignment. Shrout should have that already, given his senior status and I believe a court order designating the facility, but BOP does its own thing.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

NYGman wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:09 am so is he a) Dead, b) in custody after turning himself in or c) on the lamb?
he would get further faster on a cow or horse at a minimum. :D
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Considering Winny, an old goat maybe????? :snicker:
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

I see what you did there. :lol:
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

A week later, any news, has he died yet, is he on the run, or is he getting his much desired free room and board?

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

No updates. Still not in the system according to the BOP locator, but that wouldn't surprise me even if he did report last Monday.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Fair enough, no news isn't necessarily good or bad, just would like to see the rotten old man start the process of rotting away in jail for the rest of his hopefully miserable life.

Famspear

Post by Famspear »

NYGman wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:37 pm Fair enough, no news isn't necessarily good or bad, just would like to see the rotten old man start the process of rotting away in jail for the rest of his hopefully miserable life.
You are cru-u-u-el and unusual!

8)

Isn't dere somebody somewair who will feewl sowwy for poor wittle Winston?

:violin:
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Nothing on social media either.
benlowrey
Swabby
Swabby

Post by benlowrey »

Why hasn’t Jonny Sunday accused us of being self proclaimed law experts in a while. and reminded us that if we don’t write fake bonds and go to prison, then it means we are a mindless tax slaves. I miss that kind of thinking.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Sorry, Jail is too nice for ole' Whinny. Still guess I will settle for it, bur would like to know he is inside.

phlippermerlin

Post by phlippermerlin »

benlowrey wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:01 am Why hasn’t Jonny Sunday accused us of being self proclaimed law experts in a while. and reminded us that if we don’t write fake bonds and go to prison, then it means we are a mindless tax slaves. I miss that kind of thinking.
They banned Johnny Sundae with nuts from the site. Is that what Shrout went to prison for, writing fake bonds? Shrout did lots of stuff. Fake bonds is what got him?