The comedy court of Common Law

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: The comedy court of Common Law

Post by wserra »

jackroe has been granted some time to consider the wisdom of posting gibberish.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Jackroe seems to have fallen into the trap of thinking that Magna Carta is some sort of super-duper, unrepealable Constitution. In fact, insofar as it was ever valid, it can be amended and repealed whenever the relevant powers choose to do so; but he find it politically distasteful to acknowledge that reality.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
hucknallred
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by hucknallred »

jackroe wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:35 pm The basic question is this: if someone with a mental disorder is waving a piece of paper at you saying it gives him authority over you, are you allowed to exsanguinate him or otherwise neutralize the threat he is making toward you?
Was that written with a freeman version of this?

https://sebpearce.com/bullshit/
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Jack, I can call you Jack can't I, why are you still here?

At the moment he's "not still here". He'd been warned him twice about posting total gibberish to swamp the discussions and when he continued with the post above we put him on a two day ban. If it keeps up he'll eventually be gone for good. However if members keep arguing and responding to him it somewhat weakens the case for banning him. It adds a false legitimacy to his postings. So can members please refrain from taking the bait and getting in discussions with him if there's nothing to discuss?
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
jackroe
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by jackroe »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:06 pm Jackroe seems to have fallen into the trap of thinking that Magna Carta is some sort of super-duper, unrepealable Constitution. In fact, insofar as it was ever valid, it can be amended and repealed whenever the relevant powers choose to do so; but he find it politically distasteful to acknowledge that reality.
To extend the sexual metaphor here, your ilk requires not only that people put up with the fact of being raped, they must also opine that it was right that they be penetrated with foreign objects, like laws, statutes, usages, etc. because you do not want to think yourself a common rapist. It's not even enough for you to go "OK, the relevant powers will just rape me at will, I'm too weak to oppose them," no no, you require rape victims to admit the legitimacy of the rape, that the idea that men don't need to submit to rape is just a strange delusion.

I mean, that is where parliamentary supremacy really hits the road. The benefits of public decency led most jurists to consider asbtract things like "what if parliament commanded the execution of every blue-eyed baby?" Being a homosexual at point was still illegal. But a full-throated defense of parliamentary supremacy requires that the jurist or lawyer or sniveling puppy who supports such doctrine must say "yes, if parliament legislates that i bent over for sodomy, I am bound to do so, for submission to parliament is the only freedom, comrades!"

So, fine, no "unrepealable constitution." Parliament can command that the Police rape people, and if Parliament commands it, you're just a moron for thinking there is such a thing as an "unrepealable constitution" that prohibits activities like rape. And once you have admitted that, all the quibble becomes "what cannot parliament do?"

Also, it should be pointed out that things like Marital Rape are not that old: they date from the latter half of the 20th century. So, Parliament could make a law that says a man cannot rape his wife, correct? I suspect that very few women would support that premise, tho, as if women will be consistent and go "oh, parliament must not be supreme," they'd sooner re-define supremacy.

Abandoning the discussion of magic words, do any of you who (perhaps rightfully) mock these guys have a line in the sand where you'd go "nah, dying rather than that?"
jackroe
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by jackroe »

Burnaby49 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:44 pm
Jack, I can call you Jack can't I, why are you still here?

At the moment he's "not still here". He'd been warned him twice about posting total gibberish to swamp the discussions and when he continued with the post above we put him on a two day ban. If it keeps up he'll eventually be gone for good. However if members keep arguing and responding to him it somewhat weakens the case for banning him. It adds a false legitimacy to his postings. So can members please refrain from taking the bait and getting in discussions with him if there's nothing to discuss?
It's not gibberish, look, it's very simple. If Parliament is supreme, OK, magna carta doesn't matter. But if Parliament is supreme, it also means that parliament can compel a woman to become pregnant, to compel her to give birth, to compel her to give the heart from her fetus to a Member of Parliament's sickly child who happens to need a heart. If such an activity is prohibited, it is not prohibited by any "unalterable constitution" nor any fundamemantal rights and freedoms that parliament recognizes but over which it has no power, no, if parliament legislates that a certain class of persons shall give up their organs, they shall. I mean, in China, due to this legacy constitutionalism crap from the West, they still use the political theater of "dissidents" or whatever.

Magna Carta does not protect your organs from seizure by parliament by any purpose it requires.

And this is true: Only YOU can protect YOUR ORGANS from PARLIAMENT!!!
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

some queer
Unacceptable. I'm for a total ban.
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

John Uskglass wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:15 am
some queer
Unacceptable. I'm for a total ban.
Absolutely. Homophobic gibberish.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
longdog

Post by longdog »

Agreed. I know this isn't a democracy but this fucker has to go.

ETA.

Oh... It looks like he has.

Now where were we?
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

I've made a posting about Jackroe's banishment from Quatloos here;

http://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtop ... 9af0eac74e

What can I say? it was late at night, I'd had a few beers, and I got totally pissed off at having to interrupt Bob Dylan's Theme Time Radio Hour to deal with his garbage postings yet again. Then, somehow, the Ban Hammer just suddenly banged down. So I snapped open another beer and went back to episode 5 "Coffee";
It's night time in the big city,
The pizza parlor is locking up,
A drunken security guard drops his flashlight.

It's Theme Time Radio hour with your host, bob Dylan.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

longdog

Post by longdog »

I am amazed he knows so much about the sexual practices of gay men.

I wasn't aware that as a gay man I was supposed to be into "sick bondage games". You live and learn eh? :-D

I'm not one to make assumptions about people who are obsessed with gay sex while repeatedly saying how disgusting it is and how super-not-gay they are but....

JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Time for a refresher on Quatloos rules. Rather than make the effort to do a new posting on this I'll just re-post comments I made on a UK discussion years ago. It's still largely relevant. With advancing senility I've forgotten what cross-postings and CoC violations are and I've had my own temper tantrums but the position on religion and politics is unchanged.
Quatloos Rules

No political discussions.

No religious discussions

No commercial advertising

No misquoting people

No racist or sexist comments

No accusing another members of lying or CoC violations with providing proof at time of accusation

No temper tantrums

No changing history (editing your posts for anything other than grammar, punctuation or formatting

Do not quote dissent unless 1) it later became law OR you are arguing FOR a change of law

No cross-posting

Do not register and/or use multiple logins without the express permission of an admin.

Do not attempt to circumvent a ban or other punishment

There are few formal stated rules but just guidelines to keep things civil and at least semi-professional. The two big ones are the ban on discussions of religion and politics.

A little background for you UK contributors who weren't here for the great purge of 2012. I joined up in late 2011 and Quatloos was largely focused on its mission exposing of scams, tax fraud, sovereigns, freemen etc. We even allowed flame wars, some of which got quite vile. One contributor, in particular, seemed to post here for no other purpose than to be grossly offensive. When arguments got out of hand they were transferred to a specific section called "Flame Wars and Other Pissing Contests". Great fun I suppose, I didn't participate in them.

But it all went to hell with the 2012 American presidential election. Things just somehow blew up into one partisan acrimonious argument after another about Obama and Romney, some of it very offensive. Political squabbling overwhelmed the site and threatened to destroy Quatloos's reputation as an objective investigative source of information on it's primary goals. A lot of previous followers just stopped reading it. So Jay, the site's founder and owner, took action and had a purge. All the political postings were deleted and many contributors who participated here for no other purpose than to argue about issues irrelevant to Quatloos's purpose were banned and all their postings, on any topics, deleted. I'd say over half of the listed contributors were purged. The individual I noted above was one of them. Along with that Jay did some housekeeping and deleted the mass of casual posters who had just dabbled a few times but had contributed nothing.

Then the moderators (I wasn't one at the time) got together and set up some firm rules about allowed topics and contributor conduct to get things back on track. No flame wars, no politics, no religion are the primary ones. Topics are expected to stick to the intent of the site. In my opinion entirely beneficial. I pretty much dropped out of the site in mid 2012 because of all the pointless arguing and political ranting. None of it had anything to do with why I'd been contributing. Also offensive racial, sexual and religious comments are right out and can get you banned entirely if egregious enough.

Religion, as a general topic, is out for the same reason as politics. Again, in 2012, posters started totally pointless religious squabbles. They often got quite heated and were irrelevant to the site's purpose. However religion is an acceptable topic in the context of scams and Freemen discussion but only in respect to how religion is an integral part of the scam. If you read my Ed Belanger postings it is all about Christianity and the King James bible because these are the foundations of Belanger's ploys to entice suckers to follow his scams. I don't given my opinion of Christianity or any other religion but I discuss how Belanger uses it to manipulate people like the Volks into screwing up their lives.

One issue that has divided the moderators is the banning of certain contributors. Philosophically we are against it, the site welcomes diverse opinions. You won't get banned here for arguing in favour of scammers like Ceylon or disagreeing with other posters as long as you keep it civil. The relatively few posters who have been banned after the Great Purge were not kicked out because of their opinions but because of their conduct or because they were just trolls. Even those were the subject of much moderator discussion and warnings first.

As you can tell from my postings some laxity is allowed as long as it doesn't touch banned topics. I'm often off topic babbling on about beer or aircraft, or my recent New York trip, but just as aside, not as a primary discussion. I try to add value rather than give my opinions.

So those are the basics. As you British posters are aware we moderators take a very light hand on policing opinions and behaviour which is why many of you probably post here. I've only used my moderator powers three times, this one, a flame war I deleted, and a third deletion of postings at the poster's own requests. But I'm lurking in the background watching.

AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Do not register and/or use multiple logins without the express permission of an admin.
Ah. That explains the BankOfSwissindo warning :)
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
longdog

Post by longdog »

Burnaby49 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:00 pm
No misquoting people unless you really want to.
:whistle:
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Burnaby49 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:56 am I've made a posting about Jackroe's banishment from Quatloos here;

http://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtop ... 9af0eac74e

What can I say? it was late at night, I'd had a few beers, and I got totally pissed off at having to interrupt Bob Dylan's Theme Time Radio Hour to deal with his garbage postings yet again. Then, somehow, the Ban Hammer just suddenly banged down. So I snapped open another beer and went back to episode 5 "Coffee";
It's night time in the big city,
The pizza parlor is locking up,
A drunken security guard drops his flashlight.

It's Theme Time Radio hour with your host, bob Dylan.
Intriguing. But the popup player won't popup for me. Maybe my popup blocker thought it was an ad. But i played just fine when i extracted the file reference and pasted it directly into the browser.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

According to a notification on the CLC website...
CLC Currency
The currency for living men and women

We are currently changing our payment processor as we wish to remove ourselves from the statutory system. If you have already signed up to our site, you will receive an e-mail within the next few days confirming that you have a free account with our new processor, this is optional.

Anyone making a future declaration of birth will also receive a free account.

ALL FUTURE PAYMENTS WILL ONLY BE PROCESSED THROUGH THIS SYSTEM.
What's the betting that you can only use CLC currency by using filthy, corrupt fiat currency to purchase it.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

CLC Currency
Anyone making a future declaration of birth will also receive a free account.

Umm. Wha....?
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

They really are falling short in the making sense department.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
longdog

Post by longdog »

How would changing their payment processor usher in this great new CLC currency?

I'm no great economicologist but I'm pretty sure payment processors only process payments in real currency not fantasy ones.

Is this I wonder more a case of their payment processor has had multiple charge-backs and pulled the rug out from under the scam?
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Amusingly, if you try to make a donation to the CLC, you end up with a paypal message saying - 'Something's not right. This page doesn't exist.'