$300,000 Income Tax Reward (Peymon Mottahedeh)

The purpose of this board is to track the status of activity, cases, and ultimately the incarceration or fines against TP promoters and certain high-profile TPs.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: $300,000 Income Tax Reward (Peymon Mottahedeh)

Post by wserra »

Peymon's motion to transfer to the Eleventh: denied two weeks ago. His brief due September 20. April's motion to transfer to the Eleventh: denied two weeks ago. Her brief due September 20.

We will now be treated to yet more applications for time. Becraft, the reader will recall, would only take the cases if they were transferred to the Eleventh. This was unlikely to occur - something (as Obs points out) he surely knew. The only way this charade ever ends is with an order from the Ninth that amounts to "We don't care". When will that happen? Your guess is as good as mine.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Thanks, Wes. At least we have another target date of 9/20 as a reminder.

It's strange that someone who claims to have the "correct" knowledge of law cannot simply get into court, present his case, and reach the resolution that he sells to his clients. Instead he resorts to trying to delay that event from happening to the point of absurdity. It's almost like he realizes he is not going to win. But I can be open-minded enough to wait to see what happens on the 20th and maybe the miracle will happen and Peymon will emerge with a total victory.

In a pig's eye.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Robert Menard trumpeted for years that he had a sovereign magic formula that allowed him to be a peace officer as defined in the Canadian Criminal Code. However, when he had the perfect venue to prove this, at his own trial in Toronto for impersonating a peace officer, he ran like a bunny rather than dazzle the court with his legal genius.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
wserra

Post by wserra »

When danger reared its ugly head . . .
- David Hume
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Brave Sir Robin ran away!
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
wserra

Post by wserra »

The Observer wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:13 pmIt's strange that someone who claims to have the "correct" knowledge of law cannot simply get into court, present his case, and reach the resolution that he sells to his clients. Instead he resorts to trying to delay that event from happening to the point of absurdity.
Yep, that's what Payme does as far as this appeal is concerned. In the non-legal world, he posts bullshit on his website (no, I won't contribute to his SEO by linking to it) while trying to solicit the marks to pay him for the stuff he won't use when his own ass is on the line. When feeling particularly cocky, he posts at places such as this thread, trying to trap people who know far more than he does with stupid "gotcha" stuff. When he does, he gets his ass handed to him; he may be a member of the "any publicity is good" club.

And then he markets at places like the Utah Bitcoin and Tech Summit. In his blurb for himself there, "IRS Slayer" Payme claims: "For over 27 years the IRS has almost continuously investigated Peymon and FLS [Freedom Law School, Payme's grossly misnamed non-freedom, non-law, non-school grift. WS] and has STILL been unable to stop FLS from exposing IRS deception and robbery of the American People". I guess liens and judgments don't count. And then there's the First Amendment, which guarantees free speech even to liars and grifters. As far as criminal charges are concerned, he may have sufficient functioning brain cells to stay on the unindicted side of that First Amendment. Corrupt interference is not an easy charge to prove.
- David Hume
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

wserra wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:49 am As far as criminal charges are concerned, he may have sufficient functioning brain cells to stay on the unindicted side of that First Amendment. Corrupt interference is not an easy charge to prove.
Yes, but the only real way for the government to prosecute a promoter like Peymon is to target his own personal behavior and performance for evidence of criminal behavior. This is what happened with the likes of Schiff and Hendrickson, probably two of the biggest promoters that have gone down in recent years. But I agree Peymon has somehow managed to keep his head below the line of fire, even if it seems it has come perilously close on occasion. But the government needs to find a chink in the armor and the potential one at this point is Peymon's wife. If they focus on her and the positive affirmations of fraudulent actions she has committed, she may decide to come in from the cold and turn into a state witness against Peymon. After that, it should not be so difficult to start dismantling Peymon's website and "law school" with injunctions that won't be tossed by a higher court.

He is the last of the big-time promoters out there as far as I can remember (but there could be other up-and-comers of which I have no knowledge or lost track). It would be a shame if the government continues to tolerate his activity.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

wserra wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:49 am And then he markets at places like the Utah Bitcoin and Tech Summit.
I perused the agenda for this year's "summit" and was not surprised to see that 95% of the topics and "vendors" were nothing more than the typical hokum you see at these types of events. The producers seem to be proponents of investing into the cybercurrency craze and related activity: "Connecting Bitcoin Mining to Clean Energy", "Real Estate Equity Now Tokenized with Quest Coin and its KNAB Token", and "Real Estate Newest Frontier in Tokenization are the presentations by keynote speakers. None of those topics seem particularly practical blue-ribbon investments for someone's portfolio but I am sure the speakers are going to be urging the audience that these are the places where you need to sink your money to reap the bonanza that is assuredly around the corner. Plus, they have Viva Capital there to counsel and to assist, as stated in in one blurb, "...investors in the cryptocurrency markets and people who want to create wealth, freedom and drive innovation." And with the opening presentation being "Beginners to Bitcoin, Blockchain, Cryptos" you can be confident that this is nothing more than one big grooming exercise for fleecing the naïve, greedy newcomers.

Of course there are other non-cybercurrency speakers to be sure, but most of them again appear to be involved in activity that is geared to gathering up whatever money you have left after plunking down money for vaporcoins. There is one vendor who is actually promoting an actual physical product, a "mailbox" that can receive drone deliveries, such as Amazon, ostensibly to keep your package secure till you can retrieve it, but the webpage for the vendor shows no price for the item but they do have a link for investing in the company. More vapor product is my guess. The summits adds insult to injury by charging $149 to attend the all-day conference; the price has been marked down from $199 so I am guessing that the projected attendance has not materialized as of yet.

And a number of speakers and presenters have given themselves nicknames: "Patrick Hakim, the Wolf, Divi Daddy", "Jeff Pinnacle, the Eagle, Litecoin Leader", and "Michelle Harper, the Leopard, Legal Council [sic], Viva Capital", to name a few. Other than assuming names of predatory creatures (which seems ironically appropriate) , you discover very little to convince you that these people have the skillset, knowledge, and ethics to deliver what they will be promising. As an example let's talk about "Leopard" Harper. The first impression is that if she is legal counsel for Viva Capital, then she would be providing the typical bona fides one would associate with a legal representative for a firm. But no, all we get is from their agenda blurb is " Michelle Harper, legal counsel and compliance". At the end of the blurb they state that "Our Crypto IRA™ is signed off by an attorney" but no mention of who this "attorney" is and in what capacity they serve. Perhaps Harper is really an attorney, but I have my doubts.

And I think that is what any attendee is going to come away from this summit: just vapor. Nothing that you can count on to be there when you need it. No wonder Peymon is appearing there. It is a bit satisfying knowing that Peymon has to shell out $399 for a booth there.

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

And a number of speakers and presenters have given themselves nicknames: "Patrick Hakim, the Wolf, Divi Daddy", "Jeff Pinnacle, the Eagle, Litecoin Leader", and "Michelle Harper, the Leopard, Legal Council [sic], Viva Capital", to name a few.
None up to the standard set by one of the scammers presenting fraudulent income tax advice at the Paradigm tax evasion seminars who had the nom de guerre "Sir Larry Loophole".
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Burnaby49 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:19 pm "Sir Larry Loophole".
I like that one. Simple, direct and easy to remember.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
wserra

Post by wserra »

- David Hume
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

As a reminder, there is a short, but illuminating, topic here about what happens to those students of Freedom Law School who attempt to put into practice whatever garbage Peymon has sold them. No word about whether Peymon was there to the bitter end when Richard Grant got sentenced. And we certainly don't see Peymon bragging about defeating the government and ultimately getting Grant out of prison. I know, I know - Peymon will simply state that Grant failed to follow all of Freedom Law School's curriculum to the letter and thus there was nothing more that Peymon could do for him.

But I bet Grant has another side of the story to tell.

wserra

Post by wserra »

So both of the Mottahedeh briefs were due yesterday, September 20, 2021. Nothing in PACER.

Ninth Circuit - do you like being played like this? Both appeals were filed well over two years ago (June 10, 2019). I'm not going to court the number of motions to extend the time for filing briefs. I will note that, in granting one of them on August 25, 2020, the court wrote that "any further request for an extension of time to file the opening brief is disfavored". That was over a year ago. And, in granting the next one (October 30, 2020), the court wrote that "any further pro se request for an extension of time to file this brief is strongly disfavored". That was almost a year ago. Finally, on December 8, 2020: "No further pro se extensions of time to file the opening brief will be granted absent extraordinary circumstances." That was over nine months ago.

Did they mean any of this? I guess we'll find out.
- David Hume
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

It's beginning to sound like the Vancouver court system.

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

wserra wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:06 pm Ninth Circuit - do you like being played like this?
I think the 9th is playing itself. Hardly any effort needed by Peymon to win a forever postponement.

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Ok, seven days past the deadline set by the 9th. Is there anything that the government can do to get the appeal tossed? Like reminding the 9th that up to this point the appellants have failed to deliver anything that could be filed? Leaving out the possibility of an actual worthy appeal with arguments and cited case law that could give the bank of appeal justices to muse over, since we don't want to set the bar too high for Peymon and April, it should be a simple matter of getting the court to honor and respect its own rules.

Yeah, yeah, I know - appeal courts don't like to be told what to do.

wserra

Post by wserra »

The Observer wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:39 pmIs there anything that the government can do to get the appeal tossed?
Sure - move (FRAP 27) to dismiss it. The govt doesn't usually do that, however, and DOJ is big on doing things in the "usual" way. In this case, the "usual way" is for the Court to clear its own calendar.

Perhaps the govt could make an exception for someone as distinguished as Mottahedeh.

ETA: Still nothing on PACER.
- David Hume
wserra

Post by wserra »

Nothing in PACER. Now a month out of time.
- David Hume
wserra

Post by wserra »

Yesterday: the Ninth Circuit dismissed both appeals sua sponte, failure to prosecute.

Another Mottahedeh win.
- David Hume
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

But of course, since this is the situation that Payme wanted. Now he will tell his current and future marks that the appellate judged refused to allow him the representation he needed and thus denied him the ability to present his winning arguments. And this will be "proof" that the court system is corrupt and upholding an illegal tax system.

We will see if the DOJ and the IRS proceed against April, Payme's wife, and seek to bring tax evasion charges against her.