Dave Champion and Quatloos

wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: More corruption in the courts?

Post by wserra »

voiceofpeople wrote:Follow up up legal citizen.
Talking to yourself again? I guess it's OK, so long as you answer yourself.
This sounds like Dave Champion is a government cheerleader.
Well, he is. Here is what AUSA Grayson Hoffman had to say about him just last September: "Mr. Champion, through counsel, has agreed to deliver his computer to the Government in Las Vegas, Nevada, for inspection and copying on Tuesday, September 16, at 11:00 a.m. Champion also agreed to provide all passwords necessary to access his computer and files."

Good boy, Dave. Give up those clients. Save your own butt.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Re: Dave Champion and Quatloos

Post by Lambkin »

notorial dissent wrote:Gee, another troll, or pair of trolls, is there a real plural for troll???, and an illiterate one at that, who’d a thunk it!!!!!!!
The word is "Trölli" and it's in the nature of trolls that it can be singular or plural as the situation requires.
Noah
Exalted Parter of the Great Sea of Insanity

Post by Noah »

wserra wrote:
He claims he left no footprints......All butts saved... Why don't you ask him?
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

Noah wrote:
wserra wrote:
He claims he left no footprints......All butts saved... Why don't you ask him?
In that case it'll be his own ass on the chopping block. I have no questions for Dave, I'll just sit back and let the court ask away. Hopefully he'll respond that he "left no footprints" - good luck with that.
Florida

Post by Florida »

Finally, the IRS is making headway against this jagoff. I can't think of a voice more annoying than Champion's.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

bostonteaparty wrote:An "anti-tax nut"? If anybody here is pro-tax, they can pay mine.

Are you still selling mugs? Seriously, how do you support the site?
Who cares?

My court takes almost anything of value, including hogs, chickens and in extreme cases decent horses.

And it aint "pro tax." It's "pro law."
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

bostonteaparty wrote:An "anti-tax nut"?
The words "anti-tax" and "nut" are independent. You can be anti-tax without being a nut, and you can be a nut without being anti-tax.

But if you're anti-tax, and also a nut, that's special (at least to me).
bostonteaparty wrote:If anybody here is pro-tax, they can pay mine.
Anyone who is "pro-tax" would want you to pay your own tax.

That's the whole point, after all.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Noah wrote:He claims he left no footprints
Hopefully he'll tell that to the Court. Not that I believe him.
Why don't you ask him?
Because if Champion said the sun rose in the east, I wouldn't believe him unless I first got up at dawn.
- David Hume
Noah

Post by Noah »

And this thread goes silent with bated breath, just awaitin for his new book, eh?
wserra

Post by wserra »

Noah wrote:And this thread goes silent with bated breath
And what do you think should go here? How should anyone here know whether Champion is telling the truth (and thus nothing more will come of the surrender of his computer) or lying (and the govt either is about to file an OSC to hold him in contempt for wiping parts of his hard drive, or now has the information it was seeking on his "clients")? Since it's Champion, the presumption is that he's lying, but the govt still must be able to prove a violation of the order to move against him.

The final entry in the docket reflects that Brave, Brave, Brave Sir Dave allowed his appeal from the judgment to be dismissed by failing to perfect it. What are you looking for?
- David Hume
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

wserra wrote:
Noah wrote:And this thread goes silent with bated breath
And what do you think should go here? How should anyone here know whether Champion is telling the truth (and thus nothing more will come of the surrender of his computer) or lying (and the govt either is about to file an OSC to hold him in contempt for wiping parts of his hard drive, or now has the information it was seeking on his "clients")? Since it's Champion, the presumption is that he's lying, but the govt still must be able to prove a violation of the order to move against him.

The final entry in the docket reflects that Brave, Brave, Brave Sir Dave allowed his appeal from the judgment to be dismissed by failing to perfect it. What are you looking for?
and more importantly...who cares?
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
LPC

Post by LPC »

Noah wrote:And this thread goes silent with bated breath,
Threads breathe?
Dan Evans
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Noah

Post by Noah »

wserra wrote: The final entry in the docket reflects that Brave, Brave, Brave Sir Dave allowed his appeal from the judgment to be dismissed by failing to perfect it. What are you looking for?
Appeal of which judgement? Looking for any update informaton.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Noah wrote:
wserra wrote: The final entry in the docket reflects that Brave, Brave, Brave Sir Dave allowed his appeal from the judgment to be dismissed by failing to perfect it. What are you looking for?
Appeal of which judgement? Looking for any update informaton.
In 2008, Dave Champion lost a battle with the IRS over an administrative summons. He was forced to give information to the IRS. He appealed that loss (he appealed the judgment of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California in Los Angeles, case no. 2:08-cv-01629-PA-JWJ). The judgment is found at docket entry 9 on April 30, 2008. At one point he apparently was arrested for failure to obey the summons (after having been ordered by the Court to obey), and that appears to be what shook some sense into him.

His appeal to the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit (case no. 08-55883) was dismissed on April 1, 2009.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Noah

Post by Noah »

Famspear wrote: His appeal to the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit (case no. 08-55883) was dismissed on April 1, 2009.
Compliance with the Court Order would make any appeal moot.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Noah wrote:
Famspear wrote: His appeal to the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit (case no. 08-55883) was dismissed on April 1, 2009.
Compliance with the Court Order would make any appeal moot.
Bingo.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Gee, and on April Fool's Day, no less.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Famspear wrote:At one point he apparently was arrested for failure to obey the summons (after having been ordered by the Court to obey), and that appears to be what shook some sense into him.
Actually, it appears that it took about four minutes of incarceration to make Brave Brave Sir Dave sing like a canary. Docket entry 38, the minutes of the contempt hearing:
MINUTES OF Contempt Hearing held before Judge Percy Anderson: The Court and counsel confer regarding respondents failure to comply with the Courts order dated April 30, 2008. Government informs the Court that respondent has not produced the required documents pertaining to the subjects set forth in the summons as of September 8, 2008. A civil contempt hearing is held. Witnesses are called, sworn and testified. The Court finds respondent David Champion GUILTY of civil contempt for failure to comply with the Courts order enforcing the IRS summons. The Court orders respondent David Champion remanded forthwith(remand order no. D 10653). Respondent moves to purge himself of civil contempt by producing the documents. After reviewing the documents produced by the respondent and determining that additional documents are needed, Government requests for Courts permission to retrieve additional documents from respondents computer. The Court grants governments request. Respondent is ordered not to access his computer from todays date until the date when government has completed the retrieval of needed documents from his computer. The Court orders respondent released forthwith (release order no. D 10654).
When danger reared its ugly head,
He bravely turned tail and fled.
- David Hume
LPC

Post by LPC »

wserra wrote:Actually, it appears that it took about four minutes of incarceration to make Brave Brave Sir Dave sing like a canary.
I'm not even sure that actual incarceration was necessary. Hearing the judge order that you be taken into custody, and seeing the baliff walk towards you with handcuffs, can have a very sobering effect.

It "concentrates his mind wonderfully" (to borrow a phrase from Samuel Johnson).
Dan Evans
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Gamesmanship requires a thorough understanding the rules of the game.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three