Peter Hendrickson to give a speech? Oh boy.

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Peter Hendrickson to give a speech? Oh boy.

Post by Famspear »

A user called "RogerV" says Peter Hendrickson:
[ . . . ] will be the guest speaker in the "We The People" Paltalk meeting room on Tuesday June 24, 2008 starting at 9 PM Eastern time.
http://www.losthorizons.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=643

The user provides links - click on the links at your own risk.

I'm curious, though, as to why a losthorizons user is making this announcement, rather than the Petermeister himself.

Any chance to hear and perceive the Pontificating Petermeister as he promotes and promulgates puffery for his Preposterously Pinheaded Patriots is, of course, perfect for pleasure - if you prefer that particular paltry potpourri of pathological piffle.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
grammarian44

Re: Peter Hendrickson to give a speech? Oh boy.

Post by grammarian44 »

I'm pretty sure RogerV is not really a LostHorizons user, but a rep of some kind for Paltalk. It's his first post, and he says that he himself prepared a web page explaining how to use Paltalk.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

grammarian44 wrote:I'm pretty sure RogerV is not really a LostHorizons user, but a rep of some kind for Paltalk. It's his first post, and he says that he himself prepared a web page explaining how to use Paltalk.
Ah, perhaps I should have perused his promotion more perspicaciously.

EDIT: I perceive he is pushing Paltalk, but no such public presentation by Peter will propel Peter's pressing problems into proper perspective.

Heelllp I can't stooopppp!
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

To quote from the closing credits of the Monty Python movie; "P... OFF!"
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Can we start a collection to hire someone to go over to Famspears and remove the
'P' key from every computer he has access to? And if he doesn't desist, remove every single vowel as well?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

The Observer wrote:Can we start a collection to hire someone to go over to Famspears and remove the
'P' key from every computer he has access to? And if he doesn't desist, remove every single vowel as well?
I'll second that! I thought it was beginning to run down his leg.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Well, I _romise that I won't be _rinting any more letter _'s for a while. It seems _ossible that my _roduction of them was so _rodigious that I just finally ran out of them.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

The Observer wrote:Can we start a collection to hire someone to go over to Famspears and remove the
If we remove the "P" key, then we'll have to install a catheter and I don't think he's going to appreciate that. And neither will we.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

webhick wrote:
If we remove the "P" key, then we'll have to install a catheter and I don't think he's going to appreciate that. And neither will we.
Uh, I think I'm already feeling much better now.
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

So, voluntary compliance is better than forced collection?
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

ASITStands wrote:So, voluntary compliance is better than forced collection?
Yeah, _robably.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Famspear wrote:
ASITStands wrote:So, voluntary compliance is better than forced collection?
Yeah, _robably.
OK, Seriously Famspear, your successive short synopsis's starting with similar sounds is seriously starting to scrape sharply on my cerebral synapses. Such sesquipedelian summaries surely must be shortly screeching to a stop.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

It's catching! What's the problem? Are you trying to make an "s" out of yourself?

Disclosure: When I was a boy, I remember watching the Gary Moore Show most every day. He and Derwood Kirby always had a good time spoofing the news of the day.

One day they drew a few pictures, one of which was something that looked like a letter "S" except it was two-sided and closed at the ends. The punch line?

"It's a snake trying to make an asp out of itself!"
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

"sesquipedelian" ?!!???!

Wow, I had to look that one up!
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

Apparently, misspelled!
sesquipedalian

Main Entry:
ses·qui·pe·da·lian Listen to the pronunciation of sesquipedalian
Pronunciation:
\ˌses-kwə-pə-ˈdāl-yən\
Function:
adjective
Etymology:
Latin sesquipedalis, literally, a foot and a half long, from sesqui- + ped-, pes foot — more at foot
Date:

1 : having many syllables : long <sesquipedalian terms> 2 : given to or characterized by the use of long words <a sesquipedalian television commentator>
However, I found a song parody of sesquipedelian and hippopotosesquipedelian.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

ASITStands wrote:Apparently, misspelled!
sesquipedalian

Main Entry:
ses·qui·pe·da·lian Listen to the pronunciation of sesquipedalian
Pronunciation:
\ˌses-kwə-pə-ˈdāl-yən\
Function:
adjective
Etymology:
Latin sesquipedalis, literally, a foot and a half long, from sesqui- + ped-, pes foot — more at foot
Date:

1 : having many syllables : long <sesquipedalian terms> 2 : given to or characterized by the use of long words <a sesquipedalian television commentator>
Oop's that was a typo. My bad. its actually one of my favorite words, though I have rare occasion to use it.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

ASITStands wrote:However, I found a song parody of sesquipedelian and hippopotosesquipedelian.
Actually, I think the latter word is hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia.

It's a lovely word, but I've always been afraid to use it.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

LPC wrote:
ASITStands wrote:However, I found a song parody of sesquipedelian and hippopotosesquipedelian.
Actually, I think the latter word is hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia.

It's a lovely word, but I've always been afraid to use it.
Well, our little diversion gave you a chance to do so!
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Another post by "RogerV" at losthorizons:
Final Reminder. Tonight [Tuesday night, June 24, 2008] at 9 PM Eastern, Pete Hendrickson will be speaking in the "We The People of America" Paltalk meeting room, and you're invited to attend.

You will have to have the Paltalk softwate installed on your computer. To be able to actually speak, you will have to have a working microphone on your system. You can get the the free Paltalk software by going to: http://www.paltalk.com and clicking on the "Download for free" button and then install the software after it completes the download.

I prepared a video with instructions for downloading and installing Paltalk. You can get it by going to: http://www.filedropper.com/paltalkinstallvideo. If you go to this page, just click on the "download this file" button and download the file. It’s a “Window Media Video” (.wmv) file. Then you can watch how to get yourself set up with Paltalk for the meeting.

To find the room, just start the software and when the Paltalk Scene window opens, you can find the room in one of two ways which are:

1. Click on the All Rooms button. This will open the "Rooms List" window and in the upper left you will see a small text box with "Search all Rooms." Click in this area and type in "We The People." That will open another window, and the "We The People" room will be listed. Just double click on it and you will be taken right into the meeting room.

2. On the Menu bar of the Paltalk Scene window, click on the "Actions" tab. A drop down window will appear. Go down to "Join a Chat Room," and click on it. This will open the "Rooms List" window and in the upper left you will see a small text box with "Search all Rooms." Click in this area and type in "We The People." That will open another window, and the "We The People" room will be listed. Just double click on it and you will be taken right into the meeting room.

It's not to often when you can listen to, speak with, or text chat with Pete Hendrickson himself right in the comfort of your own home (or where ever!). I hope you can make it.

RogerV
http://www.losthorizons.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=672

Yawwnn... Oh, what a joy. An opportunity to see Blowhard Hendrickson.

I don't think I can make it. But I wonder if somebody in federal law enforcement will be watching.....