Stevens and Standing

wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: Stevens and Standing

Post by wserra »

In a prolix and repetitive blog entry, Stevens has responded to this thread. He really says nothing that he hasn't said before, except that he specifically addresses 26 USC 7402(b), the statute that gives the USDCs jurisdiction over the enforcement of IRS summonses. He rambles on and on without ever saying that, under his expert tutelage, one Marc Edwards was sanctioned several thousand dollars for using exactly this argument. We've discussed that case in some detail, beginning here.

For some reason, despite the explicit grant of jurisdiction by Congress, and despite the IRS summons demanding records and a taxpayer refusing to provide them, Stevens concludes that a 7402(b) suit is not a "case or controversy". Someone with more patience than I can go through his cites, if s/he wishes; the opinions of the USDC and the Circuit in Edwards (and a thousand other summons enforcement cases) are good enough for me. Moreover, the very first cite Stevens drops following his quote of 7402(b) is a case concerning mining rights. Shoshone Mining Co. v. Rutter, 177 U.S. 505 (1900). Unless the taxpayer in question buried his records, the relevance is not immediately obvious.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

Prolix. A wonderful word that accurately describes virtually every TP idiot ever to come down the pike.

As has been said, mostly by salesmen, if you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit. There's no other reason to take 87 pages to lie about and obfuscate simple stuff easily laid out in a sentence or two.

Of course, "clients" like Edwards will never figure that out, not even after they get whacked for a few thousand dollars in sanctions for following their pied piper of the moment. It must really suck to be that ignorant, not to mention stupid.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
wserra

Post by wserra »

In one sentence, Stevens actually says it all:
I’m not really interested in the opinion of federal judges, only if the law permits federal courts to hear these IRS civil complaints or not.
Given that it is federal judges who interpret federal law, Stevens means that just one opinion interests him: his own.

Perhaps Stevens could give the IRS the finger, and test out his opinions on his own behalf. But that would mean that he would have to pay the sanctions himself, rather than some poor schmuck who listens to him.
- David Hume
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

Stevens can't even see his own hypocrisy: His entire position is based on (out-of-context) statements of JUDGES, and indeed the entire first paragraph of his rebuttal is nothing but quotes from JUDGES.

Then, later he says that he doesn't care what judges say.

It is the typical tax protestor idiot view of the law: They embrace legal quotes as gospel when they are favorable, and they throw them away as biased when they are not.

Let's see Stevens attempt to make his argument without quoting any judge. He can't, of course.

Stevens also quotes judges while at the same time ignoring that judges routinely send tax protestors to jail for violating the law, which is just more cumulative proof of the extent to which Stevens falsely takes judicial statements out-of-context to make his blatantly wrong points.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Marc Stevens wrote:I’m not really interested in the opinion of federal judges, only if the law permits federal courts to hear these IRS civil complaints or not.
And he demonstrates that disinterest by repeatedly (and persistently) mischaracterizing what judges have said.

The only opinions he's interested in are the ones that he can twist and quote of out context.

He also has no interest in the actual language of the Constitution or the statutes of the United States.

What's it called when the only thing you're interested in is your own opinion?
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

LPC wrote:What's it called when the only thing you're interested in is your own opinion?
Adolescence?
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Stevens also seems to guzzle the "Courts Are Corrupt" kool-aid on a regular basis. Any court ruling which does not adopt Stevens's reasoning is, by its very nature, corrupt and not to be respected.

It's a wonderful all-purpose excuse for TDers. I think of it as an example of "table-pounding", which comes from the old joke about an old lawyer telling a rookie, "when you are in court, and you are weak on the law, 'pound' the facts. When you are weak on the facts, 'pound' the law. When you are weak on both the law and the facts, pound the counsel table."
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Doesn't that usually end with the judge telling you to pound sand?
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Gregg wrote:Doesn't that usually end with the judge telling you to pound sand?
For all but the dumbest judges, yes. Some of them (appointed because they have the right patron, or elected because they are the most pliable) can be intimidated by the right blowhard attorney....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

LPC wrote:What's it called when the only thing you're interested in is your own opinion?
Mental masturbation.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

...and he's so dumb he still pulls his pants down for that.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

LPC wrote:
What's it called when the only thing you're interested in is your own opinion?
Megalomania?

Borderline psychotic disorder with Narcissistic tenancies?

Stupid?

All of the above?
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

wserra wrote:In one sentence, Stevens actually says it all:
I’m not really interested in the opinion of federal judges, only if the law permits federal courts to hear these IRS civil complaints or not.
A more damning claim is made somewhat later:
The supreme court has held, without any rational basis, that congress can create legal rights and the invasion of them would then constitute an injury to then confer standing in a federal court:
That's right, Stevens has admitted that both Congress and the Supreme Court disagree with him. Congress has created "legal rights" that Stevens believes do not reflect real injuries, and the Supreme Court has ("without any rational basis") held that those statutes create standing.

Once again, snide remarks fail me.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
wserra

Post by wserra »

LPC wrote:Once again, snide remarks fail me.
You need the updated set of snide remarks.
- David Hume
Duke2Earl
Eighth Operator of the Delusional Mooloo

Post by Duke2Earl »

LPC wrote:
wserra wrote:In one sentence, Stevens actually says it all:
A more damning claim is made somewhat later:
The supreme court has held, without any rational basis, that congress can create legal rights and the invasion of them would then constitute an injury to then confer standing in a federal court:
That's right, Stevens has admitted that both Congress and the Supreme Court disagree with him. Congress has created "legal rights" that Stevens believes do not reflect real injuries, and the Supreme Court has ("without any rational basis") held that those statutes create standing.

Once again, snide remarks fail me.
You simply fail to appreciate that Stevens is smarter than every other person on the entire planet... past and present. tsk, tsk.
My choice early in life was to either be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politican. And to tell the truth there's hardly any difference.

Harry S Truman
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Well, I mean after all, didn't Mark declare his absolute wonderfulness and immensity of brilliance in the preface of his book?

What more proof could you possibly want or need than that of his genius?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.