The Second Battle of Crawford's Castle, a Nottingham Farce...

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

AndyPandy
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: The Second Battle of Crawford's Castle, a Nottingham Farce...

Post by AndyPandy »

Can't see the charges being dropped, he allegedly assaulted a Police Officer in the Course of his duties, carries it's own 'stiffer' sentencing I believe ?
LocalResident
Swabby
Swabby

Post by LocalResident »

Jeffrey wrote:It's not "changing the plea", his response is functionally a not guilty plea.
No Case to answer is an argument/reason rather than a plea.

Not Guilty because there is no case to answer, would be the way it should be used ?

At least this is not the worst thing he could have done, it's a lot better than going down the "This court has no authority to try me" or "Swear your oath of office or I will have to arrest you".......
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

Last edited by AndyPandy on Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

letissier14 wrote:
Bungle wrote:
I don't know the background to 'Monika' (whether she supports FMoTL or Sov City) so for the moment it would not be right to inlcude her in my comment, but these two others dont seem to realise that their FMoTL views have caused their downfall.
It's safe to say 'Monika' is firmly in the fmotl camp

https://youtu.be/wBUrGTRluG0
Isn't she the girlfriend of one of the Michaels O' somewhere? So it's pretty likely she believes in an 'alternative' lifestyle.

The funny thing about their plea is that legally it's meaningless for you to say you have no case to answer in a criminal court, the CPS and Police have said that you do. It's best to respond to them, because if you don't, you won't enter a defence to the charge. The plea they effectively entered was the equivalent of sticking ones head in the sand and hoping the nasty thing would go away.

I'd also say they would both have been advised by someone to enter that specific plea. If I recall the old method of FMOTLers dealing with pleas was to say that they don't plea, as pleading is for children or some similar wibble.
Warning may contain traces of nut
NG3

Post by NG3 »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
NG3 wrote:If the house has gone by then (which I'd fully expect) then, yes, they may well drop the case.
I think it will have to be demolished too. If there's a house still there it will be a magnet for the rent-a-mob morons to re-take. In 12 months time (perhaps when some people get out of prison) and there is an empty building plot there it doesn't have the same attraction.
Rented to an old couple if rent-a-mob turned up they'd hit them straight with aggravated burglary and they'd have no public support.

It'll be pretty much over when the house is sold.

Tbf I see no chance of demolition as that just creates a free camp site for loonies.
NG3

Post by NG3 »

AndyPandy wrote::beatinghorse:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... _orders_fo

What do you make of this ?
Are none of these people intelligent enough to work out that even if there wasn't a warrant (which we know there is) and even if past hearings were annulled (which they won't be) they'd still have to apply to the courts to regain possession, at which point they'd note the unpaid endowment and Tom still wouldn't get the house back?
#six

Post by #six »

It will get turned down as those documents will be covered under the data protection act.
TC supporters will go mental because the courts are withholding information.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Not alot. He's requesting the same stuff or an extract of the same stuff as Master McCloud (There y'go! - sorry couldn't resist it.) requested that Tom could have a copy of. So what? Hope he has to pay for the copying.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

And another one, to the Council this time

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ng_3_fearn
Last edited by AndyPandy on Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bagman
First Mate
First Mate

Post by bagman »

IF THE FOI REQUEST HAD BEEN FROM TOM OR SUE THEN YES IT WOULD HAVE MERIT, BOT A FOI REQUEST DOES NOT GIVE ANYBODY THE RIGHT TO SEE OTHER PEOPLES INFO OR THEN THE COURT ITSELF WOULD BE IN BREACH OF THE DATA PROTECT ACT.
I WOULD SERGEST TOM SHOULD BE DOING WHAT THIS GUY DID, BUT THAT WOULD MEAN HE ACTUALLY GOT A COPY OF THE POSSESSION ORDER,(which they already posted to him last year) AND WHERE'S THE FUN IN THAT :snicker:
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

They may well confirm they exist, but give him copies? Not a chance but nice try by the loonies. Tom would be incandescent with mock outrage should they do that, there would be arrests and law suits being filed, possibly even a Grand Jury should it happen, even though he was content with every man and his dog demanding to see the "warrant"

Smells, no stinks of an inside job.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

It's a public interest case, there's no reason to not give him a copy of the warrants.

Frankly I hope they do so we can hear about how the seal isn't embossed or angled properly.
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

Jeffrey wrote:It's a public interest case, there's no reason to not give him a copy of the warrants.

Frankly I hope they do so we can hear about how the seal isn't embossed or angled properly.
But he can tell that from the copy he already has.

:sarcasmon:
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
Pox

Post by Pox »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
NG3 wrote:If the house has gone by then (which I'd fully expect) then, yes, they may well drop the case.
In such circumstances, could a defendant sue for wrongful arrest?
guilty

Post by guilty »

Wiki says:
No case for the defendant to answer (sometimes shortened to no case to answer) is a term in British criminal law, whereby a defendant seeks acquittal without having to present a defence.

At the close of the prosecution's case during a criminal trial, the defendant may submit to the judge or magistrate that there is no case for the defendant to answer (similar to a motion for a directed verdict in a United States court). If the judge agrees, then the matter is dismissed and the defendant is acquitted without having to present any evidence in their defence. If the judge does not accept the submission, the case continues and the defence must present their case
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
NG3

Post by NG3 »

Pox wrote:
ArthurWankspittle wrote:
This is where I PROVE I am not one of them by doing something they never would and answering honestly by saying I don't know.

I suspect he could try, but then they'd just examine the case and video evidence alone would demonstrate reasonable grounds, so he'd lose the case.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Pox wrote:
ArthurWankspittle wrote:
They could, as can anybody else who has been arrested, but they would lose.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

Tom: "every court must be a court of record and have a seal."

This often crops up in UK SovCittery. I suspect it originates from a paragraph in County Courts Act 1984 s1, or related legislation:
Every court so held shall be called a county court and shall be a court of record and shall have a seal.
Jeffrey wrote:It's a public interest case, there's no reason to not give him a copy of the warrants.
I'd like to see the warrant, and other documents. But they won't be handed out by the courts to the general public. They are, quite rightly, regarded as private information.
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

longdog wrote:
They could, as can anybody else who has been arrested, but they would lose.
In that case Tom will do it. Thanks for clearing that up.
fat frank

Post by fat frank »

I hope they produce a warrants, stamped with a wet signature, witnessed by the queen and pope