Random Freemanesque Babblings from idiots unable to sustain their own thread

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

AnOwlCalledSage
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Random Freemanesque Babblings from idiots unable to sustain their own thread

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

D-C wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:27 pm Looks like West Midlands police have caught someone “travelling”

https://mobile.twitter.com/ResponseWMP/ ... 92612?s=20
Force Response @ResponseWMP Mar 14
Unfortunately despite polity asking he refused to leave his vehicle , he now needs a new window and is under arrest
:haha:

Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Chaos

Re: Random Freemanesque Babblings from idiots unable to sustain their own thread

Post by Chaos »

he spelled 'jerky1' wrong
longdog

Post by longdog »

That's one hell of an ecclesiastical pursuit chariot.... An Astra like that could be worth anywhere from twenty to forty quid.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Chaos wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:26 pm he spelled 'jerky1' wrong
Turky1?
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:37 am
Turky1?
Berky1?? Shortened version of Berkley Hunt.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

AndyPandy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:23 am
ArthurWankspittle wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:37 am
Turky1?
Berky1?? Shortened version of Berkley Hunt.
There was a Lurky poster on one of the crazy sites, maybe GetIntoDebtFree. Can't remember more at the moment.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

Our own failed pop star freeman is in the news. You may remember him spouting freeman shite on a video a while back when he had prepay meters forcibly fitted.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/8 ... al-arrest/
Comrade Sharik
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Comrade Sharik »

From the linked Sun article
Harvey was left with severe injuries in 2005 following an accident in which he ran over himself.
A living metaphor for FMOTLism!
rosy

Post by rosy »

Brian Harvey is a vulnerable individual who is being used by the Fruitloop crowd. He's got obvious mental health problems and they are egging him on to believe in ridiculous conspiracies when what they should be doing is helping him access the help and welfare benefits he needs.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

rosy wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:15 pm Brian Harvey is a vulnerable individual who is being used by the Fruitloop crowd. He's got obvious mental health problems and they are egging him on to believe in ridiculous conspiracies when what they should be doing is helping him access the help and welfare benefits he needs.
Agree. Not a leader/hero of that "movement", only their cat's paw
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Isn't the technical term for that cannon fodder?????
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Another corker from the Financial Ombudsman.

https://www.ombudsman-decisions.org.uk/ ... eID=205440
TheRambler

Post by TheRambler »

mufc1959 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:26 pm Another corker from the Financial Ombudsman.

https://www.ombudsman-decisions.org.uk/ ... eID=205440
I just don’t understand how the Financial Ombudsman can get it so wrong. After all it says on the internet.......... :snicker:

TheRambler
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I'm sure Ms W was disappointed, she didn't get her free house. It is so very painful and frustrating being so very very stupid.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

As a volunteer at Citizens Advice I would love someone like Ms W to take up the Financial Ombudsman's suggestion that she seek advice there. It would provide some welcome light relief although I am not sure that I would be able to stay within Citizens Advice principles when giving "advice"
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
Comrade Sharik
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Comrade Sharik »

I have to say that judgement from the FO contains one of the clearest explanations of FMOTL beliefs I've come across. All praise to the author.
KickahaOta

Post by KickahaOta »

The FO staff seems to be becoming skilled at superficially keeping the informal and empathetic style that they've obviously been trained to write in, while still delivering repeated verbal blows to the FMOTLs' delicate regions.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Normal Wisdom wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:07 am As a volunteer at Citizens Advice I would love someone like Ms W to take up the Financial Ombudsman's suggestion that she seek advice there. It would provide some welcome light relief although I am not sure that I would be able to stay within Citizens Advice principles when giving "advice"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRqdZ-eetgs
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Juisarian
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Juisarian »

For everyone who's been concerned by the level of tolerance for FMotL antics in British courts lately, I present this (unverified) tale from the Reddit "Am I Being Detained" forum.

https://www.reddit.com/r/amibeingdetain ... _my_first/
I have been observing a courtroom as park of my ongoing training and had the pleasure of witnessing first hand some of the tactics used by FotL, I'll describe it briefly for anyone who is interested! (Names changed)

NB the charge was failure to pay taxes

TL;DR at the bottom

The defendant was called into the court, and immediately began reading loudly from a large binder, proclaiming himself exempt from the proceedings of the "ship" etc etc. He was eventually shouted down by the district judge who was overseeing the case, and a friend who had come in with him began whispering to him while the judge made clear she wouldn't stand for this shit. She ordered the friend to pipe down, and tried to work out what was going on.

DJ - District Judge Def - Defendant FoD - friend of defendant

DJ: Can you please tell the court your full name

FoD: whispers to defendant

DJ: okay you, who are you? Why are you talking in my courtroom?

FoD: Mame I will be acting as a McKenzie Friend today

(A McKenzie Friend is a usually non-qualified individual who may sit with an unrepresented defendant to offer advice and support. They can be prosecuted for giving misleading advic. It is generally assumed that if someone wants a McKenzie Friend they should be allowed to stay)

DJ: okay so who are you?

FoD: Mame I do not have a name, but have a calling and am commonly referred to as Hugh Jones.

DJ: okay Mr Jones we need to-

FoD: Mame that is not my title. I do not have a name but am commonly known as Hugh Jones.

DJ: do not interrupt me in my court. Is your name Hugh Jones

FoD: no mame.

DJ: okay so what is your name?

FoD: Mame I do not have a name, but have a calling and am commonly referred to as Hugh Jones.

this goes on for some time

DJ: Okay look, for me to determine whether or not you are suitable to be a McKenzie Friend I first need to know who you are. Are you refusing to tell me who you are?

FoD: Mame I have told you who I am. I do not have a name, but have a calling and am commonly referred to as Hugh Jones.

DJ: Okay on that basis I reject your application to be a McKenzie Friend and order you to leave the court.

FoD kicks up a fuss and is shepherded out by the security staff

DJ to Def: okay now I want you to listen to this very closely. I am about to ask you whether you are defendant's name or not. If you give any answer other than "Yes.", I am going to be forced to consider that you are NOT the defendant in this case. As such, you would be asked to leave this courthouse and the trial will continue in your absence. Have I made that all very clear? Good. So, can you please confirm that you are defendants name?

court goes silent, 10 second pause, all eyes on defendant

Def: Mame I have no name, I am commonly referred to as Defendant's Name.

DJ: you were warned, Mr Name, please leave the court.

Def shouts about his rights, accuses security of assaulting him as they manoeuvre him to the door etc.

DJ, after he's gone: Right so it seems to me that our defendant has failed to show up in court today. I will be issuing a warrant for his arrest for failure to attend court, and the trial will proceed in his absence.

Virtually as he stepped out of the courtroom he was arrested and remanded in the cells below the court while the trial took place. He was found guilty, and will be sentenced in a few weeks.

TL;DR Freeman of the Land refuses to give his name in court. It is decided he can't be allowed to stay if the court isn't sure he's the defendant. He is removed from the courtroom and a warrant issued for his arrest for failure to attend court. He is arrested and found guilty in his absence.
longdog

Post by longdog »

I love it when a judge gives these idiots just enough rope to hang themselves and then hangs them with it :haha:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?