Now you can't even arrest a detrimental necromancer...

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Hercule Parrot
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Now you can't even arrest a detrimental necromancer...

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Members of an "anti-establishment cult" who stormed into a court with handcuffs have been found guilty of trying to kidnap a coroner. Mark Christopher, 59, Matthew Martin, 47, Shiza Harper, 45, and Sean Harper, 38, wanted to "shut down" Essex Coroner's Court and abduct senior coroner Lincoln Brookes in April 2023.

They were part of a "conspiracy theory" group who believed they could overrule the judicial system in England and Wales, a trial heard. All four have been found guilty at Chelmsford Crown Court of conspiracy to kidnap and conspiracy to commit false imprisonment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c0xj25y20nqo
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: Now you can't even arrest a detrimental necromancer...

Post by The Observer »

Are there necromancers that are not detrimental?

I couldn't glean from the article exactly why this demented posse focused on the coroner. It left the impression that they just arbitrarily selected him as their first victim, despite seemingly having other, and possibly bigger, villians to arrest. And I am not sure what reason could be given for determining that "interfering with the dead" is a case of "fraud."

I guess they just though that the coroner would be far easier to take into custody than other targets.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
SpearGrass
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by SpearGrass »

There's more on this on the Random Freemanesque Babblings II: Back to the Futile thread.

It wasn't just the coroner - having been ejected from the coroner's court, they were arrested on their way to the County Court (the one which had been closed down in fact). There's also a magistrates' court and a Crown Court in Southend, and conceivably that was third on their list.

Christopher Colon Martin, the guru of this group, is a particularly grasping example of the species. Some years ago he was selling MMS (i.e. bleach) as a cure-all - long before Donald Trump discovered it. His acolytes (two sheriffs and a postal inspector) paid a monthly subscription for the privilege, a magic document which renders you immune from legal action costs £330 and you have to pay to join a zoom call with him.

His particular offering is a smorgasbord of pseudo-legal theories - quantum grammar, no contract, no consent, and (its special USP I think) a theory that a post office is capable of ruling the world. Another one is the Cestui Que Vie Act, dead at sea, we were all declared dead in 1661 thing. That is what he was shouting in the coroner's court.

I'm relieved to read that the Coroner whose court they invaded was doing paper inquests - no grieving relatives were in the court, but these people didn't know that.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Some years ago he was selling MMS (i.e. bleach) as a cure-all - long before Donald Trump discovered it.
Except Trump didn't "discover it." This was where the press took a statment out of context and twisted it into something that Trump never said and had clarified what he meant at that moment. See https://www.wfae.org/politics/2024-04-0 ... t-covid-19

This is why we require that politics that do not relate to the subject at hand be part of a post. I realize this was a passing comment on your part, but given that it relied on untruthful information, it will tend to start a flame war when other people object to it.

As part of honest disclosure, I did not vote for Trump in the prior elections nor do I intend to vote for him in the upcoming election. So let's return the conversation back to detrimental necromancers and not bring up political figures again.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Anna von Ritz Crackers is into Post Masters ruling the world, I think she appointed her husband as one.
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=12306
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self